People and Shipping times

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Longest I ever had to wait for a tracking number was a week. And that's cause the guy had to look around for a big long box to ship my item in after he got off work. But it was all good 'cause I got my item the following week. So no worries.

Actually, I forgot had to do this recently too, I sold my X68000 and was stuck a couple days hunting for a box. Finally I just bought a gigantic moving box from walmart and cut it down to a manageable size, while still proving plenty of room for padding. But when I went to ship it UPS, the buyer was close enough to get it next day via ground, so it still didn't take too long to get to him. I was pretty happy about that one.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I know when you give it to a driver,your parcel may not necessarily be processed that same day meaning it will get logged the next day.You hand it to the DRIVER and it will state just RECEIVED
BB

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
The longest people have to wait for my shipping usually is when they buy on a Friday, because I usually work Friday and Saturday and of course the post office is closed on Sunday.

My work schedule is pretty weird and always changing during the week, but even then I'm usually able to get stuff out next day, and 99% of the time within 2 days.

P.S.- Some people post offices are open until 6? That would be nice... mine are 9-5 weekdays and are only open 10-2 Saturday. If they were open until 6 here I'd be able to ship EVERY DAY.

10-2 on Saturday? Nice! Mine opens from 10-12 on Saturday and the line is always pretty much out the door during that time unless you get there right at 10.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I usually give the seller a a full week to ship. After about a week 1/2 if I don't hear from you, you'll hear from me. If your a established member, I might not bother you for weeks.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I don't ship games out anymore - I hand deliver them and include a batch of fresh baked cookies with every purchase (your choice of choco chip, oatmail raisin, peanut butter or macadamia nut).

Anyone who does anything less doesn't respect their customers.

Cookies with no milk? Man that's just harsh :mad:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I think the longest I've ever waited to ship was two days after someone bought something.

If your IQ is too high, you will probably require at least two months to ship something out.
HOVERCAR.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't ship games out anymore - I hand deliver them and include a batch of fresh baked cookies with every purchase (your choice of choco chip, oatmail raisin, peanut butter or macadamia nut).

Anyone who does anything less doesn't respect their customers.

You're full of crap. Both hand deliveries lacked food.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Sounds to me like death is missing something.

Perhaps a Feedback thread is looming.

:eek_2:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
One thing that really irritates me is when someone says "Oh I'll ship it tomorrow.' Then tomorrow comes and I get the constant wave of "Oh I'll ship it tomorrow" line day after day after day.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I have been a slow shipper in the past :(

But now I ship by paying for the postage online and then printing it out on a sticker sheet so I can slap it on the box and just drop it off at UPS/USPS.

Shit is tiiiight.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I hate how you watch them scan the tracking number and put in on the item to be shipped, then it takes a couple hours to show up on the site. They scanned it, it should show it's been accepted right away.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
One thing that really irritates me is when someone says "Oh I'll ship it tomorrow.' Then tomorrow comes and I get the constant wave of "Oh I'll ship it tomorrow" line day after day after day.

Such types probably don't even have the intention of shipping anything out in the first place.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
10-2 on Saturday? Nice! Mine opens from 10-12 on Saturday and the line is always pretty much out the door during that time unless you get there right at 10.

WAT...

Why do they even bother to open for 2 hours? :oh_no:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I think there is a post office in Boston (at South Station) that is open 24 hours 24 hours a day.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
As someone who ships quite a few packages (many international), I'll tell you what has made my life hella easier.

Postal scale and 4x6 inch label printer + Internet postage purchasing.

I use a 7lb postal scale, a Zebra ZP-450 label printer and Endicia.com mailing software. My postage costs less per package than going to a PO and far more convenient to print off a prepaid label at home, slap it on the package and just drop it off at the nearest USPS. And International packages? lol simple. No long bullshit hand written customs forms. Can do it quickly and easily from the software and it gets printed on the label.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I hate how you watch them scan the tracking number and put in on the item to be shipped, then it takes a couple hours to show up on the site. They scanned it, it should show it's been accepted right away.

My local PO just upgraded to a new system, so I'm sure its being upgraded across the US. The biggest thing the upgrade brings according to the employees is faster tracking aka scanned in and updated in mins vs hrs.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I make every effort to ship next day. If something comes up, it defiantly ships on the 2nd day. Once I had a buyer that was very slow in completing the payment; I'm talking a couple of months slow. The buyer said take your time shipping it. I did...and it shipped when it was 100% convenient for me to do so. Yeah...it was a couple of weeks but fuck it...I bent over backwards being nice to the buyer. That's the only time I can recall taking longer than a couple of days to ship something.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I always consider that I am purchasing something from an individual that has other commitments and mailing a video game is likely going to come after getting to work on time or taking care of the kids. It isn't there full time job to wait on their PM inbox for my payment so they can immediately run out to the PO.

On the other hand, when I buy from someone on a forum they almost always ship quicker than pretty much any online store which is funny considering it is the stores full time job to ship my crap out.