People and Shipping times

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Why is it so hard for people to ship things out in a reasonable amount of time?

Every shipping company (In the US) picks up packages from your door at no additional charge, why is this so hard to understand?

I mean even laziness can't be considered here unless they don't even want to answer the door or leave the package on their porch/neighbor for the people to pick up.

Unless people are fatasses who can't get up using their own strength and have to use a broom stick like homer simpson when he was really fat.

Edit: Also avoiding Pms because you didn't ship it out just speaks for itself (this really has nothing to do with anyone in general currently..just what I notice)

Last edited:

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
I have no idea, if someone buys something from me before 4:00PM (2 hours before the post office closes -- and is before rush hour) then I make the trip. I was always aware that USPS picked up stuff for delivery, but I never knew how to use the service. I still don't actually :keke:... But to be honest, the Post Office is so close to me that I could probably be better off walking over there and getting some fresh air.

I bought a cable on eBay with them plastering "SAME DAY SHIPPED", it took them two days to ship it out. I would normally have no issue with this, but if you plaster that all over your sales page and fail to live up to it, i'm going to leave bad feedback for your lies on shipping.

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I have no idea, if someone buys something from me before 4:00PM (2 hours before the post office closes -- and is before rush hour) then I make the trip. I was always aware that USPS picked up stuff for delivery, but I never knew how to use the service. I still don't actually :keke:... But to be honest, the Post Office is so close to me that I could probably be better off walking over there and getting some fresh air.

I bought a cable on eBay with them plastering "SAME DAY SHIPPED", it took them two days to ship it out. I would normally have no issue with this, but if you plaster that all over your sales page and fail to live up to it, i'm going to leave bad feedback for your lies on shipping.

You just put it on your porch and they will take it.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I would only trust the tards to pick up the package if it was going down the street. I've been burned a few times by them.

And my mother in law is a post master.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Depending on my schedule I usually ship out on saturdays or I'll have my wife drop it off at the post office during the week if she can. I do not trust leaving any packages in front of my house for pick up unless I'm home and could physically hand the package to the post worker picking up.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

Every shipping company (In the US) picks up packages from your door at no additional charge, why is this so hard to understand?

There is no excuse. I refuse to deal with UPS and have always had a good relationship with my local PO and FedEx.

I have my stuff prepackaged before I put them up for sale and physically bring them to my PO. If I has a large amount of packages, then I'd call for a pickup.

Also a big Fuck You to UPS not delivering to POs, even FedEx does.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Sometimes it's just poor planning such as selling stuff without having the necessary shipping supplies.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I will say that I did ship slow once. I felt bad for a week after I finally sent it out :(
There really was no reason for it other than I got busy with work, still no excuse.
I'm still sorry Mugi :(

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I don't even make a sales thread until I know I have the time and ability to ship items out the same day someone pays for them. But, you're dealing with cave dwelling neck beards a lot of the time and these people can barely function as human beings let alone be timely shippers.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't even make a sales thread until I know I have the time and ability to ship items out the same day someone pays for them. But, you're dealing with cave dwelling neck beards a lot of the time and these people can barely function as human beings let alone be timely shippers.

This. I'm sometimes a little slow to ship random things since I have to juggle buying shipping supplies with work, baby, etc, but if I post a for sale thread then I have a pile of boxes, tape, envelopes, and I'm ready to rock.

I am, however, TERRIBLE at giving away free stuff. You pay me real money, I ship quick. I give you something for free, I'll get around to it eventually.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Freebees or not, I'm usually within 24 hrs or less getting something out. Sorry I took 2 biz days on your free AES stick, Lemz. :D

Adderall

Leona's Therapist

yup!

The best way to have a good selling experience is to go in this order:
1. test your shit
2. document/take pictures of it
3. pack it up
4. post it for sale

Once it sells, you have nothing extra to do.. just slap a label on it and off it goes.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have people get pissed when i dont ship on Saturdays. Too bad for them.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I will say that I did ship slow once. I felt bad for a week after I finally sent it out :(
There really was no reason for it other than I got busy with work, still no excuse.
I'm still sorry Mugi :(

eh, you've more than made up for it since then. Funniest thing about it though, is it took you like 2 weeks to send it, and you live 3 hrs away :lolz: priority mail between our locations is basically next day delivery :p

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
What I do has changed over the years, but right now it's drop dead simple and hopefully stays that way. Paypal will let you print a USPS label for anything, not just eBay stuff. I use their site to make labels. Anything from first class domestic to international. For cheapo international, I use the USPS.com site, but they allow pay with Paypal. I print out the label, stick it on, if it's a weekday I take it to work and add it to outgoing mail. If it's Saturday, I put it in my mailbox or if it's large, I wait til Monday. Done and done. I always ship within 2 days of payment.

EDIT: I should add that if you print labels on the paypal site, they typically offer a discounted rate over the USPS site.

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I ship in 2-3 days tops and when I know my laziness or other life things will get in the way, I dont sell. Once you list those threads, you're signing up to finish those transactions.

I will also say, some buyers are spoiled and need to learn to be patient once a game is in the postal service hands.

Reason should prevail.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I don't ship games out anymore - I hand deliver them and include a batch of fresh baked cookies with every purchase (your choice of choco chip, oatmail raisin, peanut butter or macadamia nut).

Anyone who does anything less doesn't respect their customers.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i work 12 hour nightshift and am basically nocturnal which means waking up early before work to ship a package and still manage to do it quickly. no excuse really
also, if i left a package on my porch for usps to pick up it would be stolen in 30 min by a passing hobo or stoner kid. if usps actually did happen upon a package by some miracle, they would just pretend they didnt see it and leave it there. also... how the fuck do you pay them to take the package off your doorstep? gotta own a scale and a home printer im guessing?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The longest people have to wait for my shipping usually is when they buy on a Friday, because I usually work Friday and Saturday and of course the post office is closed on Sunday.

My work schedule is pretty weird and always changing during the week, but even then I'm usually able to get stuff out next day, and 99% of the time within 2 days.

P.S.- Some people post offices are open until 6? That would be nice... mine are 9-5 weekdays and are only open 10-2 Saturday. If they were open until 6 here I'd be able to ship EVERY DAY.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
My package is in the mail within 24~48 hrs--usually same day--along with a follow up PM with the shipping deets. And that ~48 part mostly cause the PO is closed on Sunday and Fed. Holidays. Seems to be the custom on this site, as well as others. I figure: If the other guys are that cool, I should be too.

---

Longest I ever had to wait for a tracking number was a week. And that's cause the guy had to look around for a big long box to ship my item in after he got off work. But it was all good 'cause I got my item the following week. So no worries.

Last edited: