Original Art

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Heya,

Not sure if you guys are interested in non-fanart but finished a piece using one of my own characters:

PreciousFinal_zpsdfdff925.jpg

http://diavle.deviantart.com/art/A-Precious-Rose-470760756

- Thanks

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Pretty cool; I could see this piece as an illustration accompanying a magazine article or something like that. The exaggerated finger posturing on the left hand is neat--maybe you could re-do the right hand to match.

Last edited:

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Pretty cool; I could see this piece as an illustration accompanying a magazine article or something like that. The exaggerated finger posturing on the left hand is neat--maybe you could re-do the right hand to match.

Thanks man :)

See what you mean about the hands but the right one is supposed to be sort of reaching for her. The initial idea was to have the right hand's fingers be behind her (and the thumb in front) so she was kind of within grasp but after testing both this seemed to have a better feel to it. I've also sort of moved on from that piece, just finished this:

roby_must_die_by_diavle-d7szngx_zps7a407cfc.jpg

http://diavle.deviantart.com/art/Roby-Must-Die-471955857

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I'm digging the colors you are using, both for the fill and the line work. Nice stuff!

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
You've put in lots of hours honing your craft over the past 10 years. Great job!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Thanks man :)

See what you mean about the hands but the right one is supposed to be sort of reaching for her. The initial idea was to have the right hand's fingers be behind her (and the thumb in front) so she was kind of within grasp but after testing both this seemed to have a better feel to it. I've also sort of moved on from that piece, just finished this:

roby_must_die_by_diavle-d7szngx_zps7a407cfc.jpg

http://diavle.deviantart.com/art/Roby-Must-Die-471955857

i like the whale rider. Nunchuku + pissed war whale = awesome.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
My man, I'm certainly no expert when it comes to this, but I like it very much.

Do you sell your work or is it just for pleasure?

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
I really like this one! Gorgeous color choices!

Thanks man! Was really worried about the colors since I've run the no line art idea by family before here and there and they would say something was off or it looked blurry. Decided to go all in this time and stayed far away from inking (though did end up cracking at one point and put a single line down, think I still have that layer somewhere lol).

The next one will probably be a fanart if all goes according to plan, hint for it is "L" and "I" :D

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Great new pieces. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend putting a portfolio of these together and shopping them around some of the art departments for popular print magazines, as this is the type of stuff I often see them use to illustrate their articles.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Great new pieces. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend putting a portfolio of these together and shopping them around some of the art departments for popular print magazines, as this is the type of stuff I often see them use to illustrate their articles.

That's actually a great idea man, I'll probably wait till I have a few more pieces that would be applicable before giving it a shot (very much clueless when it comes to the business side of things though tbh).

great line art and color choices !

Much appreciated :D

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
this last set seems different somehow? did you do a class or something?
VERY NICE!

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Last edited: