Kacy Catanzaro American Ninja Warrior

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Has anyone seen this? I did a search and no dice. This chick is pretty amazing. A true ninja.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Yes I've been watching the latest season. It is wonderful that a female has finally gone this far. I'm hoping she'll go all the way.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
ugh. 2 things that stand out the most from that show for me to dislike are how they stop and pose while patting themselves on the back for getting past every obstacle(they'd run out of time on the real show) and how weaksauce that ''spider climb'' thing is in comparison to having to make vertical and horizontal progress on the real one. then theres the lips that stick out 2x as far on the scaling parts, theres definately more. the announcers being (pretending to anyhow) impressed is bothersome as well.

I'm sure its still hard to do the course but it looks way easier than the original show.

overall its embarrassing. sort of like its the everyone gets a medal version or something?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Send her to Japan to run a real course, then we'll talk.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
ugh. 2 things that stand out the most from that show for me to dislike are how they stop and pose while patting themselves on the back for getting past every obstacle(they'd run out of time on the real show) and how weaksauce that ''spider climb'' thing is in comparison to having to make vertical and horizontal progress on the real one. then theres the lips that stick out 2x as far on the scaling parts, theres definately more. the announcers being (pretending to anyhow) impressed is bothersome as well.

I'm sure its still hard to do the course but it looks way easier than the original show.

overall its embarrassing. sort of like its the everyone gets a medal version or something?

This reminds me of after the first season of American Gladiators. The gladiators were hitting people too hard and causing injuries, so they had to tone down and couldn't do certain hits anymore. Even though the contestants signed a injury waiver they still got sued.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Ninja Warrior was fucking awesome until the Americans got in on it.

Are the Japanese contestants still in it - like Makoto Nagano (the fisherman) and the others like the fireman, the gas station clerk, the guy who built his own Ninja Warrior obstacle in his backyard?

I give zero shits about the bland American contestants with no personalities or schtick.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!

This is all just the qualifiers to get it down to the contestents that will be the 100 that try the real course. Haven't seen the qualifiers in Japan, but I imagine the result is the same.

On another note on this show, the announcers REALLY need to calm the fuck down on the hyperbole. You'd think half of these runs, the announcers are watching these guys cure cancer or bring peace in the middle east as they jump over the pool of water. Not saying it to take away from the things these guys and girls are doing athletically, just the two guys go WAY overboard. Everything is "epic" and "historical"

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Ninja Warrior was fucking awesome until the Americans got in on it.

Are the Japanese contestants still in it - like Makoto Nagano (the fisherman) and the others like the fireman, the gas station clerk, the guy who built his own Ninja Warrior obstacle in his backyard?

The US and Japanese versions are really two different shows. They have had some of the Japanese contestants on, and I saw an ep that was Japan vs the US. I didn't finish it, but the Americans were killing the Japanese team. The American course heavily favored brute strength over athleticism and agility so most of the Japanese didn't stand much of a chance, despite the team being better IMO.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The US and Japanese versions are really two different shows. They have had some of the Japanese contestants on, and I saw an ep that was Japan vs the US. I didn't finish it, but the Americans were killing the Japanese team. The American course heavily favored brute strength over athleticism and agility so most of the Japanese didn't stand much of a chance, despite the team being better IMO.

the west has a bunch of parkour fags, in which the course heavily favors the westerners

shit's boring as fuck without the personalities, though.

uhhhhh

i guess what i'm trying to say is

fucking american ninja warrior? what a goofy fucking name for a show, american ninja warrior, christ

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

I just watched the fishermans compilation and it seems to me their course is siisified for the ladies, maybe the reason Our course is all wimpy is so men and women can use the same course so the producers can avoid being called ''sexist''.

even worse than Our announcers!

more impressed by.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I was watching her complete the qualifier last month. She's pretty rad.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Send her to Japan to run a real course, then we'll talk.

Indeed. Although the US course is a challenge, it really doesn't get close to the real deal. The US course is almost like stage 1 for the jp course.

A fisher man took care of business, not a pro-athlete, a hard working fisher man.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Nice! All that in one go without running out of steam.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I think some of you guys are just American haters. So what the Japanese course is different. It's still tough. It would have to be different than the American course since Japanese people generally are much smaller and agile. Most Americans would not be able to get a grip on some of those obstacles like mentioned before. The American course is still impressive, and in some ways harder when it comes to strength. I guess we will just have to see how it goes. But it should involve a little more agility I agree. But the Japanese course should have more parts requiring strength. If they could make that Japanese course a little tougher, and a little less agile, and taylor it to accommodate Japanese and American people then that would be good.

I personally think both videos are pretty impressive but in different ways.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't hate the US challenge, I do however hate the US style of turning the show into a fucking reality TV bs show. The fuck do I care about them douchebag stories. I'll let the story of the winner slide, or maybe even the finalists, but not this circus of a show. It's not American hate, I love the US, I do not like douchebag programming very much though.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
US and English speaking announcers suck balls. Just like during ESPN job for the world cup, I watched it all in Spanish 'cause it was just better.

Except for Jim Ross and Gorilla Monson.

Last edited: