Kacy Catanzaro American Ninja Warrior

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
America Hate!

American relative physical challenge. thats what they should change the name too? just kidding like I said I think part of the sissification is to avoid the sexist accusations because men and women are equal!:thevt:
the lack of timer and op saying it doesn't emphasize agility don't really scream ''ninja'' to me though? isn't it really important that ninjas do their ninja crap really quick to avoid detection?

it is just a tv show though so maybe I should care less?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Shingo Yamamoto!!
icon14.gif

He is the only person to have competed in every SASUKE competition, and the only person to have attempted the first and second version of the Final Stage. Of the 27 tournaments he has entered, he has passed the First Stage 15 times, the Second Stage 11 times, and the Third Stage twice. He is one of only four competitors who have reached the Final Stage more than once.

The American course is still impressive, and in some ways harder when it comes to strength.

Not knocking the US course or the competitors. A few Americans have even attempted Sasuke before there was an American one.

Outside the competitors performance and course. The show setup, commentary, etc. is a joke for the American version IMO. That is where it lacks.

Japanese people generally are much smaller and agile.

Kacy Catanzaro is 5ft, 100lbs, and a gymnast. Why I'd like to see how she does in JP.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
icon14.gif

He is the only person to have competed in every SASUKE competition, and the only person to have attempted the first and second version of the Final Stage. Of the 27 tournaments he has entered, he has passed the First Stage 15 times, the Second Stage 11 times, and the Third Stage twice. He is one of only four competitors who have reached the Final Stage more than once.

Not knocking the US course or the competitors. A few Americans have even attempted Sasuke before there was an American one.

Outside the competitors performance and course. The show setup, commentary, etc. is a joke for the American version IMO. That is where it lacks.

Kacy Catanzaro is 5ft, 100lbs, and a gymnast. Why I'd like to see how she does in JP.

I am curious too. It is quite a different course, and she does have the build to make it happen.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Yeah I was watching her run, she is incredibly fit, and luckily, with her tiny frame she was able to finish a very upper-body-strength orientated course.

I like the show, never watched the original JP show, but my only couple beefs with it is all of the courses seem to be all upper body, rather than having a balance of agility, coordination and full-body strength.

Plus all the personality pieces done on the contestants don't seem intriguing enough to make you care for these people. It's getting better, but not enough atm to make me want to cheer for anyone. I pretty much just watch the show for the same reason I watch Wipeout...to see people bail hard.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I don't hate the US challenge, I do however hate the US style of turning the show into a fucking reality TV bs show. The fuck do I care about them douchebag stories. I'll let the story of the winner slide, or maybe even the finalists, but not this circus of a show. It's not American hate, I love the US, I do not like douchebag programming very much though.

So you're telling me your little heart didn't melt when she made it to the top?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Again, I'm not saying I didn't like the girl or her performance. I just don't like the way the US show runs and after all is said and done the jp course is way more awesome but the US one is cool and I'm sure I'd be horrible at either regardless.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
watching this show tonight I noticed something about ''our''salmon ladder.
it shows it in this video, the ladder part is at 2:40
so beside having the jumps for it all close together, there are counterweights on the bar? I guess that its just a safety issue, so noone gets skewered? bet it helps a little though. maybe the old show just hid the pulleys and cables.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Guy did a solid job. Steady wins the race. One thing though, I have no patience for the stupidness on the side lines. I don't give a shit who's cheering for him, mom, side boyfriend, gf, baby, I mean wtf, we're loosing key footage in turn of watching some people cheering him on, who cares?! I'm just so short on tolerance, these days I can't barely watch anything. Fuck I sound like a bitter old fuck.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I wish they would add baby sharks or piranhas in the water. Also American version is severely lacking w/ the pyro.

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm not an America hater....far from it, but we do have a habit of not doing as well as the originals. Don't even get me started on US Top Gear. That show kills me.