Mad Max:Fury Road

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I cry everytime they crash a 2 door XB in the Mad Max movies.

Footage looks great, me and my girl will be there opening night also -

img0785g.jpg

Color me jealous! I've been trying to get my family in Perth and Cairns to find me a decent coupe. The one's that are still around are going for ridiculous prices, and the Falcons that are around are the pickup types.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Fuck yeah....this looks badass.

It better be rated R.....no pussy ass shit this time!

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Gotta figure Mel Gibson to have a cameo.

But yeah, the trailer's great. Looks like it'll be a hell of a good time.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Color me jealous! I've been trying to get my family in Perth and Cairns to find me a decent coupe. The one's that are still around are going for ridiculous prices, and the Falcons that are around are the pickup types.

Coupes are getting particularly rare now and whilst you used to see them on the roads 10 years ago, we now dont see them at all. I expect coupe prices to spike with the release of this movie since they are using a coupe for Max's mode of transport as well.

Send me a PM and maybe I can help your fam with sourcing parts?

Gotta figure Mel Gibson to have a cameo.

But yeah, the trailer's great. Looks like it'll be a hell of a good time.

No Mel cameo apparently. There are a few interviews with Miller that all say the same thing, so it's either the best kept secret or it really didnt pan out.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
That's a sweet ride ;]

Trailer looks promising but it seems to be missing the "dirt" of the previous movies.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Fuck yeah....this looks badass.

It better be rated R.....no pussy ass shit this time!

+1 I'm tired of all these remakes that end up with pussy PG-13 ratings. Back in the day everything with action was rated R dammit.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Watching the original with my girl friend now. Trying to gauge if she likes it so far.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I think the new trailer makes it look even better....

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
A writer friend of one of my editors saw the first screening of the first public cut of the movie and said it is glorious. This guy is notoriously tough on genre fiction -- to the point of irritating the shit out of me sometimes -- so his praise carries a lot of weight with me. He said, "AMAZING! Less a film and more an epic surrealist, nightmare opera. The art direction is mind-blowing."

All of which seems to indicate the trailers are representative of the entire movie, not just the craziest clips.

Metal-Willis

Super Sidekicks 2
The trailer looks great, but of course that's what trailers do. I know there will be effects done through computers with CG, but I hope it doesn't to it too much in the gritty vehicle action scenes. That's one thing I liked about the originals (1 and 2), just how wicked the action looked because it was done with real stunts.

Hey SouthtownKid, did your friend happen to mention if it was CG heavy or pretty true to the originals? I thought I read somewhere that the director wanted to try and keep it that way and that had me wanted to see it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The trailer looks great, but of course that's what trailers do. I know there will be effects done through computers with CG, but I hope it doesn't to it too much in the gritty vehicle action scenes. That's one thing I liked about the originals (1 and 2), just how wicked the action looked because it was done with real stunts.

Hey SouthtownKid, did your friend happen to mention if it was CG heavy or pretty true to the originals?
He didn't mention that.

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
The visuals in the new trailer look pretty amazing, although for me the music felt a little out of place. While I was never a huge fan of the franchise when it first came out, I did like the second film. However I think this one might be worth keeping an eye on. Definitely looking like I might have to check this one out on the big screen.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wow! That looks totally epic. If that's what we can expect from the whole movie, then this may well be the best gratuitous post-apoc film ever.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Wow! That looks totally epic. If that's what we can expect from the whole movie, then this may well be the best gratuitous post-apoc film ever.

In total agreement! Everything about the trailer makes it look like they are doing all the right things. My initial thoughts when they first started talking about another Mad Max (which they've been tossing around FOREVER) were definitely not good. Everything I've seen so far has made me more than happy. This is a series that absolutely needs a epic remake to do it proper justice.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Currently 98% on RottenTomatoes. Already wanted to see it after that first trailer but Jesus Christ.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Road Warrior is still the obvious best, but Fury Road was a fun movie. The best part of this was watching the movie in an empty theater. I felt like I was seeing this after the apocalypse.

6/10

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Saw this over the weekend. I thought the first half hour was amazing, but then I tuned out halfway through. I loved how each of the towns had different designs for their vehicles, Charlize Theron as Furiosa stole the show most of the time which was cool, I like how Tom Hardy's take on Max made him appear truely mad, and I thought the cinematography was awesome. However, I can't ignore the fact that I was bored to tears for the entire middle act, it started strong and ended strong.

Good movie, but not worth multiple viewings in my book.