YAJ - Help a Brother Out?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Hey guys,

I'm trying to grab something from YAJ but am confused by this whole proxy / agent thing. Does anyone already have an account set up and can help me to bid on this? I can pay you for your trouble.

PM me if you can.

Thanks!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I highly recommend getting in touch with Rancor here on the forums. If I'm not mistaken he is actually in Japan and can help you out.

fake

15 Year Member
Thanks Panda, and the PM-ers. I've PM'd Rancor for some sofubi action.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I occasionally use a proxy service but they can typically charge a percentage of your winning bid in addition to additional shipping costs (you pay to have the item shipped to the proxy, then you also pay for the shipping to you). Proxies are great for harder to find items but yeah, I 2nd the Rancor suggestion for your first shot at whatever you're looking at. ;)

Good luck dude.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Sup Big Daddy!! :)

Anybody know who the other players are in the proxy bidding game besides Rancor and that rat-bastard STD.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Sup Big Daddy!! :)

Anybody know who the other players are in the proxy bidding game besides Rancor and that rat-bastard STD).

:lolz:

Wazzup with that nickname? Talking to Dong/Quan/Jimbo about their visit to my place a couple weeks ago? ;)

I've only personally used Buyee. Several other pals on here use that too. Ope uses another, I can't remember the name but it looked decent.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Years ago, I used ShoppingMallJapan to good outcomes. Can't comment on their current status.

Rancor, or our very own Fox1 are the peeps I look to for help these days.

fake

15 Year Member
Thanks, guys. I talked to the dude who does this on the designer toy forum that I'm on and he wants a LOT of money, so that's out. I'm waiting to hear back from Rancor. If it falls through, then meh. I've been trying to get this item forever but I'll just cross my fingers that more make it onto the secondhand market.

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e146991058#enlargeimg

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Proxy fees will rape you sideways, just saying. Its how I got all my X68000 stuff.

fake

15 Year Member
Yeah, that other guy came down on his price, so I think I'm going with him. If he doesn't win the auction, he'll refund me.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Shroom's anus is still bleeding from that. Worth it.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Years ago, I used ShoppingMallJapan to good outcomes. Can't comment on their current status.

Rancor, or our very own Fox1 are the peeps I look to for help these days.

I still use SMJ on a regular basis. Feels good to be able to bid at any time without waiting for someone.

When the auction rejects any proxy service, I hit up rancor. He usually gets back to you within a day or less.