Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Working on Samurai Spirits RPG translation

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

I hope one day I will be able to understand and actually play this game....

Quote Originally Posted by titchgamer View Post
    I hope one day I will be able to understand and actually play this game....

The best way is to learn Japanese.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    The best way is to learn Japanese.
    Actually I would love to learn Japanese, But time is not my friend and I suck at English never mind Japanese

B
    ASS
    IC

Quote Originally Posted by titchgamer View Post
    Actually I would love to learn Japanese, But time is not my friend and I suck at English never mind Japanese
    just watch some anime and you'll be fine to talk to japanese people.

Rot.
    Rot.
    Rot.

Written Japanese isnt bad to learn. But speaking is x_x

Cham Cham's Banana

Whatever became of this translation/localization effort?

F I R E W A L L
    M Y A S S !

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGeo64 View Post
    Whatever became of this translation/localization effort?
    Current status:

PMing Rot on a daily basis since December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-chan View Post
    Current status:

nice picture. love the scenery.

NEST Puppet

We all know this is never going to happen, why bother lol

Another Striker

It seems like around every 6 months there is a new translation project that is in the works. They complete chapter one the project falls apart. Why can't people use other translator's work? When people quit a translation do they not release it to the public?
    Alright, back again with THE IMMORTAL JOHN HANCOCK

Galford's Armourer

I'm sure it's A LOT of blood,sweat and tears that goes into it. And they are always excited at the start and lose the excitement shortly there after. I too have always wanted to try this game in english. I hope it finally gets done one day.

K's Therapist

Quote Originally Posted by Bay78 View Post
    I too have always wanted to try this game in english. I hope it finally gets done one day.
    I could imagine expectations to be so high, the actual game won't be even close to answer them.

Host for Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    I could imagine expectations to be so high, the actual game won't be even close to answer them.
    This is entirely possible and most likely will be the case.

But I'd still love to play through it. I wonder if it'd be worth starting a petition or a kick starter for it? I've no experience with either of those though, sadly.

Bashful Neophyte

Meh, expectations/hype is besides the point. It's probably an average RPG at best (for as much as I know)... but it's got SS characters and that makes it interesting right there. Any story would be at least something.
    But I do hope a translation team would give it some time and passion to do it right.

What surprises me is that the game is on NGCD, Saturn, AND PS1, and none have an English port. All the translation projects over the years that have made it to romhacks and not this? All the translation attempts and no finished product? You'd think it would come through on one of those systems by now, given the fan base. I'm shocked it has only been attempted (to my knowlege) on NGCD.

I guess it really is cursed.
    But hey, anything is possible. I'm patient enough; at this point, I've got enough games to keep me busy another 10-20 years.

King's Dry Cleaner

The worst part is the game is just average. Especially if played on original neo geo cd hardware. For it being one of the few exclusives to the system its so awfully optimized for it. It might have some of the absolute worst loading times of any game for the system. It is however one of the prettiest 2d rpgs of its era.

Bashful Neophyte

In that case, should it even be translated on the NGCD? How is the PS1 port for load in times? I vote for that, given it could probably play on more devices.

Of course, if I actually bought a copy of the game it would likely be on Saturn anyways. I may just look for a walkthrough someday.

I'd be happy with any translation though, and I'd be fine rooting for the home team.

Host for Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by NightRnR View Post
    In that case, should it even be translated on the NGCD? How is the PS1 port for load in times? I vote for that, given it could probably play on more devices.

Of course, if I actually bought a copy of the game it would likely be on Saturn anyways. I may just look for a walkthrough someday.

I'd be happy with any translation though, and I'd be fine rooting for the home team.
    Yeah I don't care if it's on Saturn, PS1 or even NGCD. I just wanna go through it. I love 2D 90s RPGs.

Crazed MVS Addict

I played through the Saturn version of Samurai Spirits RPG, many years ago, and thought it was pretty fun. It would be great to play a translated version some day.

It would also be cool to have a translated version that could play on NeoSD (so you don’t have to deal with load times).
    Last edited by gameofyou; 09-25-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by HornheaDD View Post
    I love 2D 90s RPGs.
    Me too;
    likely because we're sprite whores, like most gamers here.

Quote Originally Posted by gameofyou View Post
    It would also be cool to have a translated version that could play on NeoSD (so you donít have to deal with load times).
    Is that even possible? I don't even know the differences, but I assume CD games can't simply be ported over to cart format.
    I mean, I do wonder if you could say, take the music from Last Blade CD and have it play on cart version (similar to SD2SNES with MSU1). But the game itself is likely programed way too different.

Host for Orochi

i hate to bump a dead thread, but has *anything* happened here? Im so desperate Id be willing to play the damn thing in Spanish if need be. I can read that better than French or Japanese.

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Why not ask SNK to add it as a bonus with the new Samurai Spirits?
    Quote Originally Posted by MKL View Post
    The doll fucker is a case in point: can you imagine someone like that in Italy? I find it easier to imagine a gay unicorn doing cartwheels in my living room.
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Does that mean Rot is uncle Eddie?
    https://media.giphy.com/media/IcifS1qG3YFlS/giphy.gifhttp://upgifs.com//img/gifs/HPP8loHZ0SsJW.gif

Host for Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by Setherial View Post
    Why not ask SNK to add it as a bonus with the new Samurai Spirits?
    SNK hasn't been SNK or devoted to its fans in a over a decade. Why would they listen to a request like that?

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

A man can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by MKL View Post
    The doll fucker is a case in point: can you imagine someone like that in Italy? I find it easier to imagine a gay unicorn doing cartwheels in my living room.
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Does that mean Rot is uncle Eddie?
    https://media.giphy.com/media/IcifS1qG3YFlS/giphy.gifhttp://upgifs.com//img/gifs/HPP8loHZ0SsJW.gif

Host for Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by Setherial View Post
    A man can dream.
    Can't argue w that.

I wanna take a stab at this translation, maybe just Google translate the French into English. It will be dodgy but at least readable.

I just don't know anything about programming or even what tools were used for the initial translation. And I'm sure Deuce/MoriaMug isn't going to share his tools because he's apparently a dick.

Apocalypse basically gave up and said because he was discouraged by people here on NG.com. I don't see where that was though, the thread he posted about translation was met with a positive response.

Shit man.

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Quote Originally Posted by HornheaDD View Post
    SNK hasn't been SNK or devoted to its fans in a over a decade. Why would they listen to a request like that?
    I think that's pretty unfair. They've done a great job as far as that goes with KOF 14, and they're still running pretty small right now. The SNK of today feels more like the SNK of old than it has in quite some time.

That and translating a Japan only RPG that barely anyone knows about outside of Japan or hardcore Neo fans is probably pretty low on their radar. Considering that even fan translators don't appear to be all that interested in it, then why would they be?

Thread Information