Working on Samurai Spirits RPG translation

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
Sorry no posting in long time.

The project it's still alive, I finished the first chapter translation to spanish.
Now working in the second chapter.

When I fisnish the project I will transtale it to english.

If anyone is interested, in this post I write my progress:

http://culturaneogeo.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1384&start=140

Man, you are really doing a great work. Thank you for your time, I think it is one of the most wanted translation expected for a game.

gmaster

n00b
I am looking forward to this. I own the official version, but I can't really play it due to the language. Keep up the great work. Thanks

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Waiting for a translation since 20 years, great to know somebody is actually working on it.

enix2093

Crazed MVS Addict
Awesome. Hope you actually finish it. Thanks for the hard work.

mhell06

n00b
Question: has anyone seriously tried playing japanese rpgs with google image translate? Haven't really given it a proper go myself yet, but I think it is a bit inconvinient and error prone still. But I would't be suprised if it is feasable in a couple of years (maybe through a tv app or something...). By feasable I mean comprehensible. lot's of subtlities will obviously be lost. For that you need a human being to understand intent.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Thanks for the hard work you've done so far.

There was a French to English translation by Apocalypse, but I fear he may have abandoned it :(

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I am looking forward to this. I own the official version, but I can't really play it due to the language. Keep up the great work. Thanks

Its a really effortless rpg even in Japanese. The load times are what will kill you.

Salvio007

Mr. Big's Thug
lol I remember 20 years ago playing on emulators, thinking "they're definitely going to English patch this game soon"...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I think apocalypse gave up. I hope this one isn't abandoned too.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
At least the spanish version is still up, which I hope will help to get it translated to another languages.

i know spanish so i can't wait for this to come out, this is one of my most anticipated translations for years and years, i don't even care if the game is not that good, i just want to cross it of my bucket list and move on with my life already :glee: i got my neoraine oiled up and ready for this bad boi...yes i said it neoraine :loco: i so hope this thing is still in progress

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Great to see this is still happening...

Be keeping an eye out for the English release... my Spanish is dreadful so unless the game requires that you ask for a beer or directions to the toilet then i'd be screwed.

Not looking good main, in the other forum he said that he had lost ALL of his work due to a data format gone wrong and that his last recovery backup was from 6 months prior, meaning he had completely lost half a year worth of work, he also said that he was looking to release all of his work and knowledge about the game to others so that they may continue with the project for he no longer has the free time to do so himself, next day he came back to say that he had actually found a recent copy of his work on his psp thanks to someone reminding him of it, he continued to say that he was glad most of his work was actually saved and that he had only lost a few minor things that shouldn't take him too long to redo, he then once again talked about wanting to pass all of his work to someone else that has the time and asked if anyone was truly interested in continuing with the project to please contact him.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
He had a backup on his PSP and most of it is recovered. Anyways he says he is considering releasing everything so other people with more free time can continue it faster than he is atm.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Here's a good rule of thumb, for life in general and not just translating some fucking video game:

If you're going to do something, don't announce it. Just do it. And when it is done, then you can tell people.

Salvio007

Mr. Big's Thug
Here's a good rule of thumb, for life in general and not just translating some fucking video game:

If you're going to do something, don't announce it. Just do it. And when it is done, then you can tell people.

Lol true fkn story..
Been waiting years for this shit T_T
And I'm pretty sure if they needed funds, many of us would pitch in to get this done already.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member

Worked for NeoSD