Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Working on Samurai Spirits RPG translation

F I R E W A L L
    M Y A S S !

Small update guys, seems the one doing the spanish translation (who lost all the work... but had a copy with most of the stuff on his psp) has nearly remade around 90% of the work he has done before the incident and will soon start with Chapter 2.
    Let's hope he can finish it soon...
    PMing Rot on a daily basis since December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

Geese's Thug

So is there not a current English translation process happening? I figure Apocalypse just gave up, so all thats left is this one.

Good luck on that

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

The translation of this game is a curse. I dont get why this has been the biggest struggle ever.

Geese's Thug

I agree.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Timid Neo Newbie

you know i've always thought about that myself, this game getting translated seems to be cursed for real anyways he has indeed recovered most of his work and has started chapter 2 already. freaking sweet news

What version does this guy play ? Its a full walkthrou ? Uploaded on Youtube 2014 ?

SNK the future is now

Geese's Thug

That's deuce. The original guy that was translating. He gave up for whatever reason. Probably because he is a douche.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Timid Neo Newbie

i've read a few people asked him if they could continue his work, but he never wanted to release the material, didn't he want money for it or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zankuro EL Duro View Post
    i've read a few people asked him if they could continue his work, but he never wanted to release the material, didn't he want money for it or something like that?
    It's a long complicated story.
    He started translating games commercially, so these projects are not longer an interest or priority.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

Some ppl are strange. In case he has the game translated 100% why he does not start a Kickstarter ?
    In that case everyone that pledges get the patch and a patcher tool. He can set the final amount he whats for his translation so everyone is happy.

If he does not get the final amount he gives the backers money back and does not release the patch to the backers.

Dont really know where the problem is.
    I actually think a lot ppl are interested in a patch since years. On the other hand i played throught booth storys with Galford. Its sad that i dont understand any of the japanese bit its possible to play it even without knowing what NPCs say.
    SNK the future is now

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster View Post
    Dont really know where the problem is.
    Do some searching on the older threads, from what I remember Deuce had about completed it, someone insulted him (or something along those lines), he snapped and in a rage told everyone to piss off and that he'd keep the translation for himself, leaving the forum as well. A bit later he lost the data and all his work was gone (or that's what he claimed). Idiotic to the max.

He was then involved in the commercial translation of another game (one of the Ys or sth?) and there was some disagreements about how the money was to be distributed among the people doing the work, if he had stolen some of the content from another team or something, somewhat casting him out of the (fan)translation scene.

Again, this is just what I remember, it's most likely not the whole story and/or faulty. What you can be sure of is that Deuce is the wrong person to put your hopes on if you're looking for a SSRPG translation.
    Last edited by xsq; 11-05-2017 at 03:27 AM.

Timid Neo Newbie

Wow i didn't really know the details or at least didn't remember them well, i had read about it a long time ago....so sad...so sad indeed

Thread Information