Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 113

Thread: Working on Samurai Spirits RPG translation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Pupil of Bonus-Kun
    Durandarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    España

    Posts
    7

    Working on Samurai Spirits RPG translation

    Hi everybody!

    Im working in the translation of Samurai Spirits RPG to spanish, but working in the english translation too.

    here is the link to my post:

    http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_hilo-...ts-rpg_2022675


    (Aka cupra4t)
    Last edited by Durandarte; 07-25-2014 at 10:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Vice's Love Slave
    shadowkn55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SoCal

    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandarte View Post
    Hi everybody!

    Im working in the translation of Samurai Spirits RPG to spanish, but working in the english translation too.

    here is the link to my post:

    http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_hilo-...ts-rpg_2022675


    (Aka cupra4t)
    Nice work so far. At least it wasn't another thread begging for a translation patch.

  3. #3
    Genbu's Turtle Keeper
    kuze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In the year 2248

    Posts
    2,385
    This game might be even better in Spanish!

  4. #4
    Akari's Big Brother
    joe8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia

    Posts
    2,541
    Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    This game might be even better in Spanish!
    Wouldn't it be Spangrish?
    Shock Troopers high score- 17,364,600

  5. #5
    ForeverSublime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    San Francisco

    Posts
    6,163
    Stupid question of the day:

    If you took the CD version and worked some Raz/NTM magic on it, what language info data is already there?
    Discounted shipping, even on your forum buy/sell/trade threads. No membership fees.

  6. #6
    Super Sidekicks 3
    pepharytheworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR

    Posts
    158
    So awesome this is being worked on again.

  7. #7
    War Room Troll
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    14
    Awesome. I'm learning Japanese, so a full English version would be cool for now! D:

  8. #8
    Bashful Neophyte
    HempSmoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    California

    Posts
    11
    Good luck on that

  9. #9
    Pupil of Bonus-Kun
    Durandarte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    España

    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkn55 View Post
    Nice work so far. At least it wasn't another thread begging for a translation patch.
    thread name changed
    Last edited by Durandarte; 07-25-2014 at 10:43 PM.

  10. #10
    . SNKorSWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Haven, CT

    Posts
    15,154
    Nice work!

    If those who read nothing but English don't want to work on either the translation or their language skills and just want to whine instead, let 'em whine all they want. They don't deserve the game. XD

  11. #11
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Island™

    Posts
    12,202
    Nice, can't wait
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

  12. #12
    Mr. Big's Thug
    Cyclops's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    219
    There was a guy that streamed his translation of SSRPG a couple days ago. Was that you or was that Deuce? His twitch name was MoriyaMug.

    http://www.twitch.tv/moriyamug/b/551201654

  13. #13
    Known Scammer
    DO NOT DEAL WITH!
    The Management.

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    30 Rock

    Posts
    7,010
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSublime View Post
    Stupid question of the day:

    If you took the CD version and worked some Raz/NTM magic on it, what language info data is already there?
    Moon speak is the only language on there since it is all text

  14. #14
    ForeverSublime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    San Francisco

    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Sazae View Post
    Moon speak is the only language on there since it is all text
    If the Japanese is held as text in the game (and not sprites of text), would it be possible to run that data out to an arduino/pi, have that sent to Google translate, and return the text back in English text?
    Discounted shipping, even on your forum buy/sell/trade threads. No membership fees.

  15. #15
    H = Hot
    M = Macho
    G = Gay
    HeavyMachineGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada

    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSublime View Post
    If the Japanese is held as text in the game (and not sprites of text), would it be possible to run that data out to an arduino/pi, have that sent to Google translate, and return the text back in English text?
    You could, but the translation would be exceedingly shitty.

    The way you do it is figure out the compression if there is any present, you create a tool to extract all the text and scripting from the game, get someone to translate all that, hack in an English alphabet, edit all text into English, then re-insert into the game, adjusting pointers as necessary and possibly have to hack the game to increase the size of the windows to fit the more space wasting English language.

    Every one of those steps is very difficult and takes a ridiculous amount of time and skill to pull off. I didn't even explain the more awful parts.

  16. #16
    ForeverSublime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    San Francisco

    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMachineGun View Post
    You could, but the translation would be exceedingly shitty.

    The way you do it is figure out the compression if there is any present, you create a tool to extract all the text and scripting from the game, get someone to translate all that, hack in an English alphabet, edit all text into English, then re-insert into the game, adjusting pointers as necessary and possibly have to hack the game to increase the size of the windows to fit the more space wasting English language.

    Every one of those steps is very difficult and takes a ridiculous amount of time and skill to pull off. I didn't even explain the more awful parts.
    I trust your word. Great reply.
    Discounted shipping, even on your forum buy/sell/trade threads. No membership fees.

  17. #17
    Neo Bubble Buster
    darknezz19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Arizona

    Posts
    44
    Heck yeah, always wanted to play this game when I was a little kid. Good luck with the translation.

  18. #18
    Morden's Lackey
    HornheaDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Hells Kitchen

    Posts
    350
    I think apocalypse gave up. I hope this one isn't abandoned too.

    Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    F I R E W A L L
    M Y A S S !
    Ren-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    1,020
    At least the spanish version is still up, which I hope will help to get it translated to another languages.
    PMing Rot on a daily basis since December 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

  20. #20
    Pupil of Bonus-Kun
    Zankuro EL Duro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Puerto Rico Puñeta!

    Posts
    7
    i know spanish so i can't wait for this to come out, this is one of my most anticipated translations for years and years, i don't even care if the game is not that good, i just want to cross it of my bucket list and move on with my life already i got my neoraine oiled up and ready for this bad boi...yes i said it neoraine i so hope this thing is still in progress

  21. #21
    Ukyo's Doctor
    rcantor77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire

    Posts
    1,240
    Great to see this is still happening...

    Be keeping an eye out for the English release... my Spanish is dreadful so unless the game requires that you ask for a beer or directions to the toilet then i'd be screwed.



    __________________

    Stuff for Sale
    MVS Artwork
    __________________

    Help me find some mini Marquees...
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?254802

  22. #22
    Morden's Lackey
    HornheaDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Hells Kitchen

    Posts
    350
    Hoping this is going well!

  23. #23
    Morden's Lackey
    HornheaDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Hells Kitchen

    Posts
    350
    I agree.

    Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Morden's Lackey
    HornheaDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Hells Kitchen

    Posts
    350
    That's deuce. The original guy that was translating. He gave up for whatever reason. Probably because he is a douche.

    Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Pupil of Bonus-Kun
    Zankuro EL Duro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Puerto Rico Puñeta!

    Posts
    7
    i've read a few people asked him if they could continue his work, but he never wanted to release the material, didn't he want money for it or something like that?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •