Greetings from Portugal

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
Finally! it only took a week (I may be exaggerating a little bit) for me to be able to open my own threads, now I can make a proper introduction :)

Hi guys, I've been addicted to video games since I was a little kid trying to reach the cabinet screen lifting my feet with my toes.

As soon as I got my own scratch I started collecting consoles and games. I like collecting European or (PAL) stuff and Neo Geo never had a strong market here, so I always stayed far from it, besides I ain't got the cash to dive in those waters. But I always loved Neo Geo and games from SNK and always tried to get all sorts of console ports launched in Europe.

I was so desperate I even bought a Neo Geo X, I know, its a piece of shit, but its a nice way to play Neo Geo when away from the TV.

Than I bumped into Atro (he's pretty well know here), maybe a month ago (hadn't seen him for years), he bitch slapped me 2 times when he learned I bought the NGX and then taught me the ways of the MVS and the Supergun.

Long story short, now I own an MV1-FZ, a Supergun and 5 MVS carts being Pulstar one of them :p

I want to own an arcade cab as much as I want to win the lottery, but for the moment I have no room for one. One day :)

Here's a small pic where games be played.
100_0784_zpsaac3ba27.jpg

And thank you all for having me on this great forum.

Last edited:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Finally! it only took a week (I may be exaggerating a little bit) for me to be able to open my own threads, now I can make a proper introduction :)

Hi guys, I've been addicted to video games since I was a little kid trying to reach the cabinet screen lifting my feet with my toes.

As soon as I got my own scratch I started collecting consoles and games. I like collecting European or (PAL) stuff and Neo Geo never had a strong market here, so I always stayed far from it, besides I ain't got the cash to dive in those waters. But I always loved Neo Geo and games from SNK and always tried to get all sorts of console ports launched in Europe.

I was so desperate I even bought a Neo Geo X, I know, its a piece of shit, but its a nice way to play Neo Geo when away from the TV.

Than I bumped into Atro (he's pretty well know here), maybe a month ago (hadn't seen him for years), he bitch slapped me 2 times when he learned I bought the NGX and then taught me the ways of the MVS and the Supergun.

Long story short, now I own an MV1-FZ, a Supergun and 5 MVS carts being Pulstar one of them :p

I want to own an arcade cab as much I want to win the lottery, but for the moment I have no room for one. One day :)

100_0784_zpsaac3ba27.jpg

Welcome
You got a nice collection there.

You should really try to get a hold of metal slug 3. Amazing game.

Last edited:

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
Welcome
You got a nice collection there.

You should really try to get a hold of metal slug 3. Amazing game.

Atro doesn't shut up about that game :p he forced me to play it from start to finish :D Its by far the best MS, I'm just waiting for a good deal. :)

Thx for the comment and for the advice ;)

Already told him that.

He bought Metal Slug 4 instead :lolz::lolz::lolz::lolz::lolz:

FU!!! xD there was no instead. 2 and 4 were the only ones the dude had :D I'll have to steal yours

Last edited:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Atro doesn't shut up about that game :p he forced me to play it from start to finish :D Its by far the best MS, I'm just waiting for a good deal. :)

Thx for the comment and for the advice ;)

FU!!! xD there was no instead. 2 and 4 were the only ones the dude had :D I'll have to steal yours

I heard that there were alot of unsold metal slug 4 kits. So that probably explains the cheap price.

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
Dunno why the kits didn't sell, the game is awesome, better than 3. (Please don't kill me I'm just kidding) :tickled:

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
solid start. Welcome. But why would you go for PAL releases? I always found it unnerving EU consoles (unless modded) run in 50hz...

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
Cause its my region and I like to collect Portuguese releases, specially when those releases include stuff in portuguese. when a game is good its good in 50hz or 60hz, the same goes for bad games. Sure 60hz is better then 50, but not a deal breaker for me.

Thx for the welcome :)

1up

Galford's Armourer
again, welcome to forum, congrats on your recent neo purchases.

Now take that top shelf to the trash and start filling it with mvs carts :P

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
again, welcome to forum, congrats on your recent neo purchases.

Now take that top shelf to the trash and start filling it with mvs carts :P
No way, I love all those game (well maybe with 1 or 2 exceptions :p)
My MVS collection is coming up great, I just need to find some more good deals :D

Thx for the welcome.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
*Jaw drops* Man, nice setup you got there. My game systems are all over the place cause I live between two houses. Anyway, welcome to the forums!

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
*Jaw drops* Man, nice setup you got there. My game systems are all over the place cause I live between two houses. Anyway, welcome to the forums!
Thx man, space is low so I can't afford to have stuff lying all over the place :)

chronorobo

n00b

I want to own an arcade cab as much as I want to win the lottery, but for the moment I have no room for one. One day :)

100_0784_zpsaac3ba27.jpg

Damn that collection is awesome! I am building a super gun very soon (as soon as all my parts finish shipping). If you have any pointers it would be appreciated!

marcio1986

Cheng's Errand Boy
Damn that collection is awesome! I am building a super gun very soon (as soon as all my parts finish shipping). If you have any pointers it would be appreciated!

Hi, Atro made the supergun, he's a cool guy, if you need any help ask him, he'll give you a hand. ;)

losgunn

n00b
Welcome to the forums! I'm new myself, so I can't open new threads yet, but at least I can post replies. You've got a nice looking collection going, I'm currently getting my game room set up as well. Is that a Saturn next to the Dreamcast in the middle of the top row shelf? My eyesight's a little poor. What other MVS carts do you have besides Pulstar? I just bought a MVS copy of Metal Slug.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Welcome
Nice to see more Portugueses here ;)

Regards