Shoometsu's collection

Shoometsu

n00b
Hi guys, first time posting here.

I already access the portal occasionally since 2004, when Google redirected me here in a search for Neo Geo stuff, then I saw the "Neo Geo Masterlist" and all techincal information we have access around here, but only now I properly registered in this forum.

I was kind of regular at arcades during my childhood, and started to actually pay attention to Neo Geo after the release of "The King of Fighter's 94", besides already knowing other SNK IPs like SS, AoF and FF (which I played at home via Mega Drive conversions). Well, it was enough to become a SNK fan back then, looking forward for each new release of KOF every year.

As most of you already know, having a Neo Geo System in my country was always way too expensive, so I got my first Neo Geo console in 2009 (a Neo Geo CD Top Loder, Brazilian version), and has been building a humble collection since then.

About two months ago I finally was able to get an AES (for what I considered) a fair price, besides already owning 3 AES games for almost 6 years ( KOF94, FF1 and SS2). Now I'm looking for more and more information about the hardware (UniBios install, RGB mod, etc), and came back to browse through this site (mainly wiki). Then, I saw this specific session for members to show their collections, and was impressed with what some members posted here, a lot of cool stuff indeed, so I decided to register to show my stuff :D

I'll start showing Neo Geo related hardware/software, but the other pics will show other system games as well. I would like to show some missing stuff (consoles, limited editions, etc) but I prefer to leave this for a future update (too lazy)

Hope you enjoy :)

EDIT:
Individual pics of most items can be seen in the links down below:

[PART 1] [PART 2]

Last edited:

BlackFlag

Formerly Lamuna
Nice stuff! Very neatly organized too. Good luck with your future Neo Geo collection!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
a brazilian NGCD system. didnt know there even was a brazilian model, super cool! anything notably different about the BIOS or anything? welcome to the forums.

Shoometsu

n00b
Nice stuff! Very neatly organized too. Good luck with your future Neo Geo collection!
Nice Neo cd game collection ! :)
Parabéns Shoo!!! Beautiful collection!
Thanks for the compliment, and I'll need to be $$lucky$$ to grow my Neo Geo collection indeed :p

a brazilian NGCD system. didnt know there even was a brazilian model, super cool! anything notably different about the BIOS or anything? welcome to the forums.
AFAIK only a specific region jumper configuration for Brazil (found this info here in the forum) + PAL-M video system transcoding. Box and manuals all in Brazilian Portuguese. The console was only assembled here, with imported parts though.

Note: I changed the three first panoramic images with "less worse" lightning issues in the first post.

Last edited:

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Pics are a little small, but still a nice collection.

I know the feeling of actually getting the system after getting some games. I had Metal Gear Solid 4 for about a year or two until I got a PS3. The most magical moment of opening the game that's been sitting for a while is so satisfying!

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Nice looking organized collection. Mine started out that way. :}

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Nice collection of games. You should mod that AES stick with some 24mm Siemitsu or Sanwa buttons for a big improvement in response time.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Awesome set up.

Wouldn't you like to be able to keep it that way sometimes? I know I do...sometimes.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice collection, welcome to the boards.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Very nice, organized collection so far! I started with NGCD as well before moving to AES. I of course found AES too expensive so am now on to MVS... How do you feel about collecting MVS?

Shoometsu

n00b
Good collection, man! Thanks for sharing.
Nice and neat collections
Nice collection, welcome to the boards.
Thanks for the greetings!

Nice collection. So many CIB games.
I focus on buying only "complete" games (media + box + cover+ instructions), and even for Japanese CD games I only buy them if the spine/obi is included. I'm more the player kind than collector, but I'm very rigorous about the condition of the games I'm buying, though.

Awesome set up.
Wouldn't you like to be able to keep it that way sometimes? I know I do...sometimes.
nice collection, how long did it take you to get all that?

In my country piracy was always strong, but even during my childhood I prefered having the original games for the systems I owned back then, and friends made fun of me because of that. But after getting my first "stable" job in 2004 I started to buy original games and keep doing it quite often since then. Also, I try to keep them always organized as shown, and inside plastic shelter (problems with dust) when I find something suitable. Plastic sacks for CDs and DVDs are to easy to find around here, now I'm looking for something for the cartridge-based games and which do not cost a lot of money. The solutions I found on ebay are way too expensive, IMHO.

Very nice, organized collection so far! I started with NGCD as well before moving to AES. I of course found AES too expensive so am now on to MVS... How do you feel about collecting MVS?

As I child I felt kind of attached to having an AES system, and as I do not intend to collect all games I believe this wouldn't be a big $problem$. I was never interested in having MVS cartridges before seeing the custom boxes (shockboxes) for MVS cartriges I saw here, and knowing about some exclusive MVS releases, but nowadays I could say it's an option in these circumstances, but using a MVS -> AES adapter.

Pics are a little small, but still a nice collection.

I know the feeling of actually getting the system after getting some games. I had Metal Gear Solid 4 for about a year or two until I got a PS3. The most magical moment of opening the game that's been sitting for a while is so satisfying!

I got some individual pics for each item that arrives here, I'll put the in the main post too:

[PART 1] [PART 2]

and yep, it was the kind of feeling I felt when opening the box. For some reason the image of that Nintendo64 kid came to my mind now.

Nice collection of games. You should mod that AES stick with some 24mm Siemitsu or Sanwa buttons for a big improvement in response time.
Thanks for the info, I was looking for top ball replacements already, although I'm currently impressed with the precise response the Neo Geo Stick has.

One last thing: I never touched or saw an actual AES console or anything related to it (besides the fist cartridges I bought some years ago) before mine arrived at home in my whole life. I was able to see it only in game magazines during my childhood, and Internet after this period, besides I was a regular arcade player, and I can state that I'm very satisfied with which I got.

Last edited:

Shoometsu

n00b
New entries during last year:

IMG_20151011_103502.jpg

I'll consolize MV-1FZ to use in my TV. No room for an arcade cabinet ATM...

My compact setup (building a new house, needed to fit everything in a single room):

You can view the full galleryHERE.

loving the boxed aes amd ngcd system! very organized game room
Thanks!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nice collection you've got going there, if you sold it all you'd have room for a couple cabs and a vast MVS stack. MVS stacks are good to rest your beer on while you play.

simioni

New Challenger
Gz ... nice colection man .... (hard to find good stufz here, isnt? kkkk) Hand down to mercado livre :down::down:

Shoometsu

n00b
My first MVS game:

I also built a DIY small budget poorman supergun. Fully functional, with Stereo and RGB outputs. Will change its power input to use a standard power supply until next week. I modded the MVS too, 5v only, Stereo and LED mods.

Nice collection you've got going there, if you sold it all you'd have room for a couple cabs and a vast MVS stack. MVS stacks are good to rest your beer on while you play.

One cab should be enough fopr mw. And it's in planning status.

Gz ... nice colection man .... (hard to find good stufz here, isnt? kkkk) Hand down to mercado livre :down::down:

very hard. The only AES game I bought in Brazil was Samurai Showdown, and the Neo Geo CD console, all rest came from outside Brazil.

Last edited: