Hey Guys, MVS to AES converters..... which is the best?

Tech&Music

Another Striker
Okay thanks for the info. One more question: isn't that the same as using eproms?

Well, the problem with that, is that while you can take a game with a specific PCB set, and swap the ROMs with EPROMS of a different game utilizing the same PCB set, when you want to do swap it with a game of a different PCB set, you're probably going to end up having to hack the game's ROMs up to make it work. That is, how I understand it, what the 161-in-1 Multicart devs did, hack up the ROMs to get them to work. The NeoSD will however mimic the PCB set in FPGA so the game doesn't need to be utterly hacked for it to work. But that's my basic understanding of how it works, you'd probably have to talk to the NSD devs for more detailed info.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well, the problem with that, is that while you can take a game with a specific PCB set, and swap the ROMs with EPROMS of a different game utilizing the same PCB set, when you want to do swap it with a game of a different PCB set, you're probably going to end up having to hack the game's ROMs up to make it work. That is, how I understand it, what the 161-in-1 Multicart devs did, hack up the ROMs to get them to work. The NeoSD will however mimic the PCB set in FPGA so the game doesn't need to be utterly hacked for it to work. But that's my basic understanding of how it works, you'd probably have to talk to the NSD devs for more detailed info.

Thanks again for the explanation. It makes it a bit more clear for me. So technically, it's a more advanced and closer-to-individual-cart you can get without needing to purchase separate carts. Call me old school, but I just have that feeling that it's still being cheeky. I do love my legitimate space-robbing gargantua carts. lol

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
Slightly higher insertion force per pin * 120 pins = ouch indeed. Gets a better with time though :/
Working on getting the NeoSD to work with it.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Sorry to chime in but looking to purchase a fusion if anyone has one for sale? Thanks