AHA2940's little MVS collection

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi

Been collecting since about 6 months ago. First I got an AES with KoF94 and FF Special. Then bought NAM1975 and Magician Lord, both AES. Then I understood MVS carts were the way to go, so I got a Magic Key converter and started collecting all the carts you see in the picture. Recently I got an MV-1C for cheap and decided to buy an Omega shell to consolize it. Here's my MVS carts collection so far:

The blue cart with no label is a Korean Samurai Shodown IV, but it has no audio. All the carts are original except Ironclad (made with Xian Xi's EPROM set, thanks XX!!) and KoF 94, which although it has full original boards and chips, it was assembled by myself (had a broken MVS cart, and the AES KoF94 had a broken board so it was simple to see the transplant option).

Edit: Forgot to mention the blazing star is from coinopstore, it has a 256B board instead of the 512Y, but all chips are original.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
woha, 6 months and you already have that many carts? Slow down homeboy! These games are meant to be played for a long time.

Also: Sell me that MOTW cart, it's gorgeous ;)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
woha, 6 months and you already have that many carts? Slow down homeboy! These games are meant to be played for a long time.

Also: Sell me that MOTW cart, it's gorgeous ;)

They do get gameplay man, almost every night and weekends, however I want to get them before they rise to AES-level prices. Especially the slugs and NAM, they have been rising recently from what I've seen. Also, the garou is not naturally gorgeous, it's a replacement label unfortunately, the original was Japanese and torn to pieces :(

Thanks!!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
good selection :D

I see KOF 97 is your favourite (3 copies) :tickled:

It is in fact one of the games I like a lot, however not the favorite. There are 3 copies because the green one is Korean (and it might be a boot) and the horizontal black one have issues with sound some times, gotta check it to fix it ;)

Thanks!!

thisisbrix

n00b
Agreed! Six months and you have that fucking wall of MVS carts?!

Although I understand feeling the need to nab em before prices rise, from what I've seen the rise in everything retro video games has been pretty exponential, not just Neo Geo.

Not trying to judge you for stockpiling -I'm just a jealous cunt who wishes he also had the disposable income to do such collecting. ;)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Nice selection you have so far, good stuff.

Thanks man!!

Agreed! Six months and you have that fucking wall of MVS carts?!

Although I understand feeling the need to nab em before prices rise, from what I've seen the rise in everything retro video games has been pretty exponential, not just Neo Geo.

Not trying to judge you for stockpiling -I'm just a jealous cunt who wishes he also had the disposable income to do such collecting. ;)

Well, the only cart that has costed me over $100 has been Strikers 1945 (so far). I got all the KoF plus Garou, 11 carts in total, for $220 shipped (some people sell these carts really cheap here if you are patient and do not really care about cleaning them a lot). I am not really stockpiling, all the games get play time over the week ;)

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Very nice starter collection guy.

I love that Blazing Star and green MOTW cart.

Happy hunting and good luck with the collection.