Gaia Breaker [ Wii U ]

Pantarou

Zero's Secretary
Normally I look out for Reviews or Gameplay Videos before buying anything.But sometimes I like to believe that this isn't a must.

The other Day I browsed the small Wii-U Shop looking for anything interesting again and noticed an exclusive new Title for the U. Gaia Breaker couldn't be that bad I thought, and even if its only a download Title, the Wii U needs some Sales afterall, right?
Sadly I am very disappointed. Not only the Movement is very slow, there are no Control Options beside changing the orientation on the Pad.No Cutscenes or cool Introduction either.What bugs me the most is that there's no moving forward or backward of the Ship.Only left and right seems possible , feels like controlling a slow Turret on a Rail.Using the Controller in Tate Mode feels awkward aswell.

I've learned my lesson, looking for good old Shooters for my Mega Drive again now.

So, has anyone played Gaia Breaker too? Did I overlook something? Perhaps an hidden Menu unlocking the fun.What's your Opinion?
I've noticed that it was released in other Regions some time ago.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I am so disappointed in this. Apparently there are no power-ups and the movement is only left and right. So much for a playable vert shmup in TATE mode on the gamepad!!!!

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
Normally I look out for Reviews or Gameplay Videos before buying anything.But sometimes I like to believe that this isn't a must.

The other Day I browsed the small Wii-U Shop looking for anything interesting again and noticed an exclusive new Title for the U. Gaia Breaker couldn't be that bad I thought, and even if its only a download Title, the Wii U needs some Sales afterall, right?
Sadly I am very disappointed. Not only the Movement is very slow, there are no Control Options beside changing the orientation on the Pad.No Cutscenes or cool Introduction either.What bugs me the most is that there's no moving forward or backward of the Ship.Only left and right seems possible , feels like controlling a slow Turret on a Rail.Using the Controller in Tate Mode feels awkward aswell.

I've learned my lesson, looking for good old Shooters for my Mega Drive again now.

So, has anyone played Gaia Breaker too? Did I overlook something? Perhaps an hidden Menu unlocking the fun.What's your Opinion?
I've noticed that it was released in other Regions some time ago.

I am a huge shooter fan and hate myself so much for buying this half bakes piece of shit, what makes it worse is that i had looked into it previously but out of my utter desperation to play a shooter on the u i caved in and bought it. This game is so broken it makes me fucking angry just thinking about it, The control, the frame rate , the loading time, the out of sync menu sound fx, the loading time, did i mention it takes fucking ages to load but is little more than a flash game. I asked Nintendo to force them to do an update fixing everything or to start issuing refunds its not even a cheap game.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate myself
i L

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Scram Kitty is pretty good if you're looking for an indie shmup on wii U.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
yeah i have looked at that a few times but was a little unsure, Now that NG-DEV team are bringing Gunlord to the wiiu and 3DS im hoping all the other shooters will follow, if they do all will be well i could play those games forever.

Nano Assault is pretty good but i want something more traditional instead of the 3d style.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
yeah i have looked at that a few times but was a little unsure, Now that NG-DEV team are bringing Gunlord to the wiiu and 3DS im hoping all the other shooters will follow, if they do all will be well i could play those games forever.

Wow, I didn't know that was happening. That's great news.

I was considering checking out Gaia Breaker, but after reding this I'll pass. It's sad. I actually really love my Wii U but every game I play on it is developed by Nintendo. I like a little variety you know?

I am gonna snag the GBA Castlevania games, tho. I never had the carts, so no GBA player mode for me.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
Wow, I didn't know that was happening. That's great news.

I was considering checking out Gaia Breaker, but after reding this I'll pass. It's sad. I actually really love my Wii U but every game I play on it is developed by Nintendo. I like a little variety you know?

I am gonna snag the GBA Castlevania games, tho. I never had the carts, so no GBA player mode for me.

I too love my wiiu its a great system, Many of the great games are obviously first party as most are slow to jump on board but that is now changing. There are still quite a few really good 3rd party games, If you havent already then you should check out Deus EX, resident Evil and obviously Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta is staggeringly good if you want some japanese style arcade action then check out Tank Tank Tank i really enjoy this game and you can actually download it for free on the eshop.

Gaia Breaker could of so easily been pretty decent but it feels like that wanted to make it tough but just made it rubbish instead, Change the controls alone and allow extra lives points/bonus and it would be instantly 100% better.