ATOMISWAVE GUILTY GEAR PROBLEM

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
ok here it is. my atomiswave works fine all my other carts work just fine. only cart having problem with is guilty gear x. now my friend took my atomiswave and ggx to his house on his arcade and it worked fine so its not the cart.....but when plugged in my 3 blasts and my 1 big blue capcom it wont work. it gets fine in attrack mode but when the demo fight is about to start it wont load the fight it will either go back to sammy screen or it will go to a fatal rom error grey screen or sometimes itll play 1 match but one charter will be all glitchy. ive tried moving the 5+ up and down so its 5.0 and up to 5.4.....me and my freind can not figure out why it works at his house but not mine :scratch:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
ok here it is. my atomiswave works fine all my other carts work just fine. only cart having problem with is guilty gear x. now my friend took my atomiswave and ggx to his house on his arcade and it worked fine so its not the cart.....but when plugged in my 3 blasts and my 1 big blue capcom it wont work. it gets fine in attrack mode but when the demo fight is about to start it wont load the fight it will either go back to sammy screen or it will go to a fatal rom error grey screen or sometimes itll play 1 match but one charter will be all glitchy. ive tried moving the 5+ up and down so its 5.0 and up to 5.4.....me and my freind can not figure out why it works at his house but not mine :scratch:

You may have killed it by moving it to 5.4.

dipindods

nope still works in my friends cab and is doing the same thing b4 and after the bump up.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
A lot of GGX1.5s seem to be having problems. One tip though, never move a power supply voltage up to 5.4..that usually will kill things. Check your other voltages like 12V as well.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I would make sure all grounds on your jamma harness are connected.

If I am not mistaken, I vaguely remember there being resistors on these boards jamma harness that can interfere with certain peoples setups (due to how the coin mech is wired iirc).

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I had this issue with a couple of my carts, where it would get to a certain point after loading the cart and then reset or go to fatal rom error. Couldn't figure it out but after searching, it seems the Atomis wave can be real picky with the power supply and not getting enough amperage on the 5V line. I was using a supply rated 3A on the 5V. When I switched to a supply that was rated 15A on the 5V line it worked fine. Your power supply probably isn't as good as it was new. This most likely explains why it works on your friends cab and not yours. It's most likely the 5V line not providing enough amperage. Try upgrading the PSU.

Last edited:

dipindods

crap that makes sense but where am i gunna find a power supply new for my blast city where my atomiswave resides?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
A Blast PSU is pretty strong.

So, remove the PSU. Clean the PSU contacts where it hooks up to the cab. Clean 'em real good, like a neo cart. Make sure it's nice and dry before your power it up again. Then re-test.

If that doesn't fix, then try re-capping the power board (not the amp board) inside the PSU. See if that helps.

Last edited: