What are the good Superguns out now?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm in the process of trying to craigslist my big red and get a supergun. I am thinking I might be able to get around $450.00 for my cab. Are there any decent superguns around now that are about that price? I was looking for that website I think www.mak.co.jp but I can not find it. I heard they have some good ones. But I do not like that one that has the controllers built in. I would prefer to buy in the States so I do not have to pay a fortune in shipping charges. I definitely want to get a supergun, not a consolodized MVS, as I have CPS2 stuff.

If I could get what I really wanted I would get one from jasens customs. But I think with 2 controllers I would be looking at over a grand. The websites down right now, but if I remember correctly they were about $700.00 plus over $100.00 for each controller.

What are some good quality guns that I do not have to build myself? I am far too busy to take on a project like that right now, or anytime in the near future.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If I could get what I really wanted I would get one from jasens customs. But I think with 2 controllers I would be looking at over a grand. The websites down right now, but if I remember correctly they were about $700.00 plus over $100.00 for each controller.

:lolz:

burning-money.jpg

PM Xian Xi.

This is the correct answer.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Xian Xi. Getting one made for myself from the master.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
If you want just bare bones rgb output, the mak strike from ArcadeForge(?) is good for the price.

Otherwise if you want component/composite/svideo/etc Xian Xi is your best option.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
James made mine. Fully custom to what you want and flexible to your price point. Hit him up he can make great things happen for your price point

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Ok I will hit him up as soon as I sell this thing.

Is component a lot better than svideo for arcade stuff? I would assume it is.

Also is the $400-$500 range enough for a component gun with at least one good Japanese button controller?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Component is much better. If you can fo RGB, even better.

James made mine for $375 including shipping and it works for what I want. Talk w him for what you need it to do and he'll guide you from there

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I also make em, just sayin'.

unnamed_zpsd78a541b.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've used sigma's for years and they always worked great for me. Xian Xi also makes really solid sguns.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Ok this may sound dumb, but I thought component is RGB. Is RGB with SCART cables? Cause I have no way to hook something up like that. Also do they make HDMI guns now? It would be nice to have a connection that will be standard on televisions for many years.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Do you all think I should contact Xian Xi?

Kiel - if you have some pics of guns you made and a references I would gladly consider getting one from you.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
another vote for the JNX special

awesome work awesome gun what more can I say?

XianXi 4 lyfe!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Hey Kiel, What power supply do you use for your one? I want to have a go at making one of these soon and it looks like you are using some kind of compact unit there.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
That actually looks exactly like my old supergun I got from D-Lite back in the day.

http://multimods.com/

Which I loved but sold when I got a cabinet.

Are you all using something like this to hook up with RGB? That is if you don't have one of those sony monitors.

http://www.amazon.com/BG-460-SCART-...19004&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+to+scart+converter

If so what is a good one?

And would HDMI be better than RGB for arcade games?

Wow haven't heard the name D-lite in ages

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Hey Kiel, What power supply do you use for your one? I want to have a go at making one of these soon and it looks like you are using some kind of compact unit there.

I use an alut sc2000 or equivalent which would be a table top ps with a 5 pin DIN connector

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
From personal experience I've owned an Arcade-Forge MAK Strike and a Sigma AV7000.

The Sigma is fucking awesome, incredibly well built, and the Sigma sticks are among the best I've ever used.

The MAK Strike was ok. I suppose for a budget supergun it did what it said on the tin.

Always heard great things about the JNX and would certainly take a closer look if I was ever in the market again.

The Sigma's are expensive (if you need the box and sticks and leads - everything is seperate) and you'll need a middleman in Japan to buy it on your behalf as the shops that stock them won't ship overseas.

Good luck with your purchase! :)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
From personal experience I've owned an Arcade-Forge MAK Strike and a Sigma AV7000.

The Sigma is fucking awesome, incredibly well built, and the Sigma sticks are among the best I've ever used.

The MAK Strike was ok. I suppose for a budget supergun it did what it said on the tin.

Always heard great things about the JNX and would certainly take a closer look if I was ever in the market again.

The Sigma's are expensive (if you need the box and sticks and leads - everything is seperate) and you'll need a middleman in Japan to buy it on your behalf as the shops that stock them won't ship overseas.

Good luck with your purchase! :)

Couldn't agree more. Both the Sgun and sticks are built like tanks. I've been using Sigma's for years and never ran into any troubles. Problem is trying to find them at affordable prices.