The 1990s were twenty years ago

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Think I still have a Pogo ball in the basement somewhere lol.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Battle tops or whatever they were called before the anime.

HZD9Lup.jpg

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'll hedge the 80's v 90's argument by saying that 85'-95' (sans a few life struggles) was the best decade of time in my life.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
90's had pogs man..........pogs

I never understood pogs. All I knew was it was Hawaiian and you could slam. I had some mega man pogs. I don't think.anyone in Ohio actually knew how to play that game.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I never understood pogs. All I knew was it was Hawaiian and you could slam. I had some mega man pogs. I don't think.anyone in Ohio actually knew how to play that game.

I grew up (and still live) in Ohio and I would concur. A lot of people I knew growing up had pogs, and some of us had a vague idea of the rules of the game, but mostly kids just collected them.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I'll hedge the 80's v 90's argument by saying that 85'-95' (sans a few life struggles) was the best decade of time in my life.

Same here. But that's purely a result of the fact that I was 8-18 during that time period.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I grew up (and still live) in Ohio and I would concur. A lot of people I knew growing up had pogs, and some of us had a vague idea of the rules of the game, but mostly kids just collected them.

So the way pogs were supposed to be played (no one played it this way however) was you are supposed to stack a bunch of them on top of each other with the art side facing down. Then the person your playing with is supposed to use a pog slammer (usually metal or wood) and strike down at the top of the pog tower. When the dust settles and all the pogs are displaced everywhere, the person who slammed them gets to keep all the pogs that flipped over to reveal the art side. But no one wanted to give their pogs away, so no one ever played it that way

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I owned pogs. It was the dumbest shit ever.

They were pretty stupid. I remember a few years back at a toy store (KB toys, now out of business) had a sign in their front window stating "POGS!!!! There back"

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Ug. I think I wasted my birthday money on them one year. :(

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Are you for fucking real?

Seriously?

You're rating the 1980s on what was available in the media?

...so you lived in a bubble and rated a decade by the availability of cartoons, TV shows, video games and music...

Sorry you're so shallow but some of us had the ability to see past a fucking television back during that time. If you choose to look at things that way...fine, ask most adults how life was during that glorious decade and I bet they'll give a vastly different point of view.

Well, sorry the 80's didn't go well for you... but that's you. I was born in 1981 and the 80's were a great time for my family, my dad was making $16-$20 an hour (sometimes more) hanging drywall and my mom stayed at home with me the first 4 years of my life, then after that got herself a job too. They spoiled me with stuff like Legos, Transformers, and Ninja Turtle toys, and I finally convinced them to get me an NES for Christmas 1987.

So, the 80's was a great decade to me. Sounds like it was for Wes too. Sounds like you were living in your own bubble, no?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I loved pogs.

EDIT: I loved Spinja's more though.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I loved KayBee Toys. Mitt Romney bought and destroyed it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

They really need to bring hypercolor back. I would rock it. I think you had to wash those in cold water only.

And pogs did suck. Would the bottom pog ever be flipped over? And why smash with something that's gonna destroy the pog?