Finally some good luck!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
A few years ago I put a region switch on my NGCD but had a little accident doing it. I nicked a cap and wasn't sure how bad. I had another NGCD so I put this one on the shelf for future tinkering with.

Time went by and I was BSing with a friend who does a little modding. He knew I had sold some things recently and asked if I was thinking of getting rid of anything else. I mentioned I had a NGCD not for sale but it needed to be looked at and he said let him look at it.

Next time I saw him I dropped it off. When he got back to me he mentioned not only replacing the cap but I lightly cut some wires which he fixed. The cost...nothing:buttrock:

Needless to say I'm pretty pleased and played some Last Hope which is where my good luck ended and had my ass handed to me:glee:

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
A few years ago I put a region switch on my NGCD but had a little accident doing it. I nicked a cap and wasn't sure how bad. I had another NGCD so I put this one on the shelf for future tinkering with.

Time went by and I was BSing with a friend who does a little modding. He knew I had sold some things recently and asked if I was thinking of getting rid of anything else. I mentioned I had a NGCD not for sale but it needed to be looked at and he said let him look at it.

Next time I saw him I dropped it off. When he got back to me he mentioned not only replacing the cap but I lightly cut some wires which he fixed. The cost...nothing:buttrock:

Needless to say I'm pretty pleased and played some Last Hope which is where my good luck ended and had my ass handed to me:glee:

Awesome! Game on!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Glad to hear the NGCD has got some life breathed back into it.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I bought one of those laser replacement units just in case mine would die.
It's not a bad console if your're not going to play fighting games on it.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Well, nice. Cool the NGCD is working again, just don't screw up more hardware, practice your skills and you'll be fine.

But why is this lame story worthy of it's own thread?
Fixing things is everyday life to a lot of people around here, you don't see them brag about it....

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Well, nice. Cool the NGCD is working again, just don't screw up more hardware, practice your skills and you'll be fine.

But why is this lame story worthy of it's own thread?
Fixing things is everyday life to a lot of people around here, you don't see them brag about it....

:oh_no:

1 You have to start somewhere.
2 Lame story? A fellow gamer helps another out is nice to hear when we've had a lot of BS on the forums of late.
3 Brag??? You might need to check your German/English dictionary as you seemed to have used brag improperly.
4 Fuck off

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
meh, cool down, I didn't mean to offend you, I just don't see the relevance.

1 yes, sure. You could get yourself some old PC mobos to practice on...
2 there doesn't need to be a thread for every kitten rescued from a tree only because there's bad things happening everywhere.
3 I didn't want to imply that you bragged about getting your NGCD fixed, now I see I did, so, sorry for that. However I haven't seen channelmaniac or Xian Xi post their own thread in General everytime they fix a console. There's threads to post in for that.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

Last edited: