Greetings from the Emerald City

tonycawa

n00b
Hello all,
I'm Tonycawa on most forums around the interwebz. Got me a big red (Drove 6 hours to Canada to pick it up!)and tons of parts on the way (shout out to Xian Xi). I've been not so patiently waiting on the day I could join the NeoGeo community here. Just reading through the tech articles increased my knowledge 10 fold. Got some cool builds I'd like to try after seeing what you all have been coming up with aka "Pimp My MVS" Have a four slot working right now in the big red but like most people the sound is all crackly but goes away after the cab is on for about an hour (Cap kit on the way soon). Still learning the MVS PCB but I'm pretty good at trouble shooting Arcade cabinets, so if ya got a problem with your cab/monitor hit me upLiving up here in Seattle....and actually, it's sunny right now so life is good.:D

Attachments

• 20140718_190111 (541x640).jpg
    20140718_190111 (541x640).jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Congrats man! That's a clean ass cabinet! Got a buddy in Wash that flies planes if you ever need to move stuff across the border quick! (no, not blow)

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Congrats man, you're right, life is good!
Especially when you own an arcade cab.

tonycawa

n00b
Filled in two of the Marquee slots, but I'm thinking of doing the LCD picture frame mod... I also just picked up a 1 slot and hooked it up and ran great first time.:eek: The sound is actually better than on my cab and the board is immaculate. All it needs is a battery mod and maybe a unibios 3.2 which my cab needs also guess ill be busy with the soldering iron.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Welcome. Good to see another Big Red find a loving home.