Borderlands 2 Vita

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Anyone get this? How does it play? Any major differences from the PC version?

I have tons of hours on the PC game, and I was thinking of grabbing this to try some of the other classes.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Reviews mention that there is not as many enemies on the screen, framerate is a bit shakey, and bodies disintegrate after dieing. Haven't played it myself but hearing it dips below 20 fps a couple of hours in, made me hold off.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
This release REALLY disappointed me for one main reason: No ad-hoc multiplayer. Seriously. Only online multiplayer.

I know that multiplayer is limited to 2-player, and there were compromises made, but that is unforgivable. If I want to paly multiplayer I have to connect to the friggin internet to play coop with someone sitting next to me. Seems like a MAJOR oversight.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This release REALLY disappointed me for one main reason: No ad-hoc multiplayer. Seriously. Only online multiplayer.

I know that multiplayer is limited to 2-player, and there were compromises made, but that is unforgivable. If I want to paly multiplayer I have to connect to the friggin internet to play coop with someone sitting next to me. Seems like a MAJOR oversight.

That seems pretty normal to me. You expect a handheld to host a multiplayer server?
That's how every mobile Online game plays sir.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
That seems pretty normal to me. You expect a handheld to host a multiplayer server?
That's how every mobile Online game plays sir.

Let's see, I don't play ALOT of multiplayer vita games, but Dragon's Crown and EDF 2017 work seamlessly. Who said anything about hosting a server? I'm just talking about wireless multiplayer in the same room. Just like with DS and 3DS games. (And plenty of other vita games. ) Sorry if I got the terminology wrong before or now. If so, my bad. :)

Here is a partial list from April 2013, sir. ;)
http://psvitaforum.com/threads/list-of-multiplayer-vita-games.13130/

Last edited:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I have the download code that I got with my Vita. If I ever get around to trying it, I'll let you know how it is.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'm still waiting for this game to be in the bargain bin which I imagine won't be too long. Even with the visual downgrade from the console versions seems like an enjoyable game to have on the go.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
damm this tread made me remember i stil have a code for this game, when i act play it ill try and give some impressions

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Yuck. Sub 30fps can't feel good. That's disappointing to hear.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm still waiting for this game to be in the bargain bin which I imagine won't be too long. Even with the visual downgrade from the console versions seems like an enjoyable game to have on the go.

I'm doing the same. I'm still playing the console version and don't anticipate having a handheld being my only option anytime soon.

It's going to sit there for a while so I'm not in a rush.

It came free with the vita. It's good if you've never played it, but since I have... It's only OK. Trimmed down to fit for sure.