Nintendo Game & Watch

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I have a few, but I'm not collecting these things. The market went nuts over the last few years. I would look for them at yard sales etc, but not on ebay.
The panorama models look cool.

Good luck with yard sales if you live anywhere where everyone has a phone with internet.

I did buy a Mario Bros at a flea market, but this was like 10 years ago. Id never seen one, probably overpaid at the time, but it looked so cool.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I found Helmet a few years back for 8 € which was pretty cool.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
I never had any of the original Game & Watch units. The closest thing that I had were 1 or 2 of the Mini Classics, which were rereleases of G & W titles, but the handhelds look like mini-Gameboys. I lost them a long, long time ago.

I played most of the games via the Game & Watch Gallery series. My favorite is either Mario Bros. or Mario's Cement Factory.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Bought SMB new and played it until the buttons were shot. Now it just tells time. Worth every penny though.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Damn, that is a tidy collection, Shroom.

I've got Donkey Kong Jr., Bomb Sweeper and Donkey Kong 3.

Last edited:

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
Shroom, love the collection of G&W games! Very nice and clean!

Purchased Donkey Kong Jr. at Too Many Games for $50 bucks. It has a dent or two, but other than that, it looks great! There was also a Snoopy game that a guy wanted to hose someone $250 with no battery cover and no assurance that it worked. He's still eating that game as we speak.

Had so many G&W when i was a kid but almost all got thrown out ;_;

Still have the first one i ever owned though. Donkey Kong. The piece of hardware that got me hooked on games for life.

Still have my Zelda too, blew my mind when i first played it.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
The 2-screen ones are awesome. There's a legend of Zelda one that I've never played, but would like to.

Played that one back in the days - remeber that I really enjoyed it, somehow it seemed to be really deep / engaging and well thought out, unlike a lot of the other LCD games of the period which quickly got pretty boring / repetitive.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I just have that Club Nintento Game & Watch "Ball." Neat little toy, would love to have the Zelda one someday...

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I still have my old Green House and Crab Grab. I also remember picking up a NOS Donkey Kong Hockey from either Lik-Sang or Play-Asia. I see them listed all over eBay now.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Played that one back in the days - remeber that I really enjoyed it, somehow it seemed to be really deep / engaging and well thought out, unlike a lot of the other LCD games of the period which quickly got pretty boring / repetitive.

That's kind of what it seemed like. I mean, the upper screen has an actual inventory. it's a shame that this (and many others, like SMB and Climber) never got included in a Game and Watch Gallery.

This discussion sent me looking for more of them on the 3DS shop, but they're all gone. They were in the DSi shop, but no more. It sucks, but you know Nintendo will reissue that stuff eventually. They can't resist nostalgia bucks.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
That's kind of what it seemed like. I mean, the upper screen has an actual inventory. it's a shame that this (and many others, like SMB and Climber) never got included in a Game and Watch Gallery.

Zelda is in Game & Watch Gallery Advance.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I loved them as a kid. I had tons of generic lcd games, but I had a Castlevania game and watch that I would stealth-play at school all the time. Then one christmas I got the amazing two screen Zelda game where at the bottom screen you dodged stabbing skeletons and while fighting a wizard.

You had multi paths and you eventually collected 7 triforces pieces. The second screen would be for 'boss' battles against a giant dragon. Damn, I actually miss it. I don't even want to look at ebay prices. That's why the gameboy was so awesome, I remember how as kids, we were all amazed to have a portable game system that allowed you to switch games.

I remember going to the malls and visiting those small independents electronic stores and they always had displays with all the latest game and watch games. I remember checking them thru the display for what felt like hours while my father was checking out tv's and vcr's while '80 pop music played loud on the stereos they sold. I miss those days.

The tiger electronics games were so hit and miss. I remember getting the Double Dragon one as a gift, and I enjoyed it immensely. I remember friends having other Tigers Electronics games in the same format but they were always super horrible. The last ones I remember seeing in stores were stuff like Mortal Kombat 3 and things like that. One of my friend had a Street Fighter 2 one, and it was completely unplayable.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have a few G&W games, my first run at video games was with Parachute, also Tabletop Popeye, to this day my favorite.

Bumperion of the ancients...

So, looking for stuff I found this...
http://www.pica-pic.com/#
Pretty clean setup for passing the time or trying that G&W you're looking for...

The G&W collections for the 3DS are amazing, the second one is super special as it has Parachute and Octopus and then it mixes the 2 together into one double screen game, multipliers and everything, game is superb...haven't had this much fun with G&W since childhood.

Would love to get my hands on Mickey & Donald G&W, brings back good memories.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, that site is great! Bookmarked.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Need some tabletop DK Jr, I used to love that thing.

I love some of these games!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I know it, I wish Popeye Tabletop was done as well, best game ever from those days...

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Impressive, Shroom.

I had a few of them but I don't know what happened to them.

I have a few Tiger handhelds too.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
So, looking for stuff I found this...
http://www.pica-pic.com/#
Pretty clean setup for passing the time or trying that G&W you're looking for...

That site is dangerously awesome. I had a few Tiger handhelds but have never had any Game and Watches. Love how simple the games are though, I could really see myself enjoying these. Shame they're quite pricy and don't pop up locally very often.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Fiancée gave me her personal G&W Donkey Kong III and Helmet for our 1 year dating anniversary, and I've enjoyed those. My only other piece is an unused Ball from Club Nintendo I wanted shortly thereafter. I loved Tiger handhelds as a kid, especially Ninja Fighter, but I rarely saw G&Ws growing up nor do I see them nowadays.