Filthy Legos!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Nice collection Jibba. Lots of early 90s sets looks like. Wish Id picked up a Green Grocer when I had the chance.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Cleaned up.
DSCN3333_zpsd0e9e05c.jpg

geez! the hours I put into dragging it all to the sink and putting it back together really don't show. I tried though.[after looking at the first pic again...It was worth it.]

other people who like legos? feel free to share yours!

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Cleaned up.
DSCN3333_zpsd0e9e05c.jpg

geez! the hours I put into dragging it all to the sink and putting it back together really don't show. I tried though.[after looking at the first pic again...It was worth it.]

Wish I had my stuff on display. Usually build it, leave it for a week or two and put it away. If I had a nice shelf, Id have the modular buildings on display.

Btw, if you dont want to wash them you can use a nice soft brush like the ones used for art, usually they are horse hair I believe.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Yup. I dust my sets with a soft brush and a can of compressed air.

1up

Galford's Armourer
no blacktron goodness here, just finished my simpsons cmf set

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Nice minifig collection. Im short on space, so I have to be picky or sell stuff I have. The simpson sets looks awesome, but I think I would rather buy Ghostbusters car and the new Parisian Cafe sets.

Im still holding out for a UCS AT-AT

1up

Galford's Armourer
Yes those are great sets, specially the ecto-1.

They are launching too many sets/themes. It's crazy. To think they were near bankruptcy 10 years ago.

For now i'm only buying minifigs.
It's a more expensive hobby than arcade collecting, i'll tell you that.

nork69

Marked Wolf
10 Year Member
The kid in me is back! Ill found my old legos!!!!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I love how I had each of those sets posted (w/box art) and more. I was super meticulous about keeping all my sets boxed and stored. I came home from school one day and my uncle and cousin came over before I got done with school. They. Somehow thought it was okay to invite themselves in and wait for my mom to get done. My mom worked at the school, so she would get home right after me. I was the first one home and they were sitting in the living room with 6 full sets dumped into one pile and random pieces thrown in incorrect boxes. The first thing my uncle says to me is "How do you put this damn thing together?". I was super ocd about my stuff and when I saw that I nearly fainted. I worked for a week to separate them, but I ended up finding out they lost a ton of pieces. I was soul crusher. I hated my spoiled-ass cousin even more after that. I was just shocked at how completely stupid they had to be to think all these unrelated sets made one thing. It makes me sick to my stomach just recalling the whole incident.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I worked for a week to separate them, but I ended up finding out they lost a ton of pieces. I was soul crusher. I hated my spoiled-ass cousin even more after that. I was just shocked at how completely stupid they had to be to think all these unrelated sets made one thing. It makes me sick to my stomach just recalling the whole incident.

losing pieces is unacceptable, but you're wrong to try to say they were stupid in thinking all thoses sets made one thing... because they could they are legos. was it wrong of them to unsort someone elses sets and try to use them in an unnaproved by the owners manner though? Yes of course it was. when you transformed into soul crusher did you open a can of whoop ass on them? or did they get off Scott free?

you're going to jail or maybe a baseball pitcher, could be a bad hitter too I guess?!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
when you transformed into soul crusher did you open a can of whoop ass on them? or did they get off Scott free?

Lol. I meant to type soul crushed, but in a way I did become a soul crusher. I got my revenge on my cousin at least very shortly after. I was at my grandma's place and we were playing outside. I had a football and I told him the first person to make it to the road with the football wins (quite the advanced game :P). I took off running with the ball and when I was halfway there I accidentally dropped the ball. He immediately scooped up my fumble and ran his fat ass toward our imaginary end zone. There was no way I was going to let this chubby little piece of shit win this very important game. I ran as fast as I could and got to him right before he got to the end of the road. I pushed him as hard as I could. My grandma had a huge dog that had just taken a massive dump. I was unaware of what I was pushing him into, but somehow fate guided my actions. He slid belly first through the giant pile of sour smelling shit just like a slip 'n slide (which ironically the spoiled brat had and I did not). He stood up balling with his Chicago Blackhawks shirt with Taz on it smeared with dog shit. It always makes me crack up when I see a picture of Taz with his arms crossed. I can't help but envision him looking like he just made either the world's best or worse scat film. I didn't realize that it even happened until after the imaginary crowd celebrated my amazing touchdown. It was a moment of glory for me. I scored the winning touchdown and celebrated in front of my defeated shit covered foe. It never made up for the incident, but it at least it delivered some justice!

Additional note: there was actually a time when kids were imaginative and played with Legos and went outside rather than living on smart phones.

-Posted via Android :P

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Nice collection!

I had a shitton of legos as a kid, but my parents would never buy me the big sets.

I remember having these:

Aircraft
6368_Jet_Airliner.jpg

Dark Dragon's Den
6076_main.jpg

My dream sets:

Black Knight's Castle
v2x2d4v2z3v234l5a4r5s2w2a4b4b4b414i4w5d41433v234t20314x2.jpg

The muthafukkin' Black Seas Barracuda!
6285006.jpg

Last edited:

ArmoredGecko

Quiz Detective
I used to really want to collect LEGOs but then realized I only wanted to build the big sets and then never touch it again. I have the Taj Mahal and the big Millenium Falcon set just gathering dust now. Also got a AT-AT that stomps when walking...

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Cleaned up.
DSCN3333_zpsd0e9e05c.jpg

You were a Blacktron brother all this time? How come you never accepted my friend request? :(

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
quite like the star wars lego myself...

r2d2_zps6f3581b7.jpg

also... and i'm sure this will piss someone off... but please don't call them "LEGOS"... this is incorrect... seems to be a bit of an American thing but its still incorrect... :p

*prepares for flaming*

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I used to really want to collect LEGOs but then realized I only wanted to build the big sets and then never touch it again. I have the Taj Mahal and the big Millenium Falcon set just gathering dust now. Also got a AT-AT that stomps when walking...

You could probably sell that Millenium. Falcon and buy 4 cave pcbs. But i know if i had one, i wouldnt sell it.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
also... and i'm sure this will piss someone off... but please don't call them "LEGOS"... this is incorrect... seems to be a bit of an American thing but its still incorrect... :p

*prepares for flaming*

You're right, KRiSXS.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
The muthafukkin' Black Seas Barracuda!
6285006.jpg

Man, I remember getting that for my 13th birthday. Took me two days to build. Mind you, I wasn't pulling 8-hour days or anything. I really want to rebuild it. I know I'm missing a few pieces but I can get them on Bricklink. Unfortunately, I am missing most of the sails. Figured I can probably just make new ones with some red-striped fabric, though. I know it's not original that way, but it's not like I'm gonna sell it.

EDIT: You should come over when it's time for the build. We'll get pandar over here, too.

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Unfortunately, I am missing most of the sails.

Pretty sure I still have all the sails. I got this set a good while before they were available in stores, the old factory is nearby (long since moved) and my grandfather was buddies with a manager I believe.