Dreamcast online

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
What we *really* need is a Saturn NetLink scene. I love me some sega racers & VO.

Oddly enough, I kept said NetLink versions of Bomberman, Sega Rally, and Virtual On in longterm storage. That is one bonafide heck of a trio. Time to dust 'em off, methinks. Can you dig it, good sir?

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
We still play PSO once a month.

JEEEZZUSS! I wish MY friends were that cool. PSO was like my.. Original addiction.

I seriously had no idea DC games still worked online outside of things like schthack. How well does Virtual On run? Cus dang, I might just buy me some twin sticks tonight :-P

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I hate that I missed the boat on that. I got my Dreamcast late and the only game I was able to play online that I can remember was Chu Chu Rocket. Laggy as fuck but still a good memory.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
JEEEZZUSS! I wish MY friends were that cool. PSO was like my.. Original addiction.

I seriously had no idea DC games still worked online outside of things like schthack. How well does Virtual On run? Cus dang, I might just buy me some twin sticks tonight :-P

To my knowledge these are the only games that you can play online:

PSO
Quake III
Maximum Pool (dial up only)
4x4 Evo (back online since April-May) (dial up only)
Planet Ring (Back online since March) (dial up only)
Doom home brew

I think Sturmwind and some other newer DC games have online leader boards, but I'm not sure. A few other titles are in the works to be brought back online, but I don't have the status of them currently.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
More are coming. The guys/team working on the IDE HDD mod for the system mentioned that another one of their projects was re-enabling some games for online play. Here's to hoping.

Hans Grösse

Banned
It's really cool that people still do this, how much is a BBA and is it hard to get online these days? I'd really like to try my hand at QUAKE with the Mouse and Keyboard

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It's really cool that people still do this, how much is a BBA and is it hard to get online these days? I'd really like to try my hand at QUAKE with the Mouse and Keyboard

You won't be buying one from here, that's for sure :snack: