Dreamcast online

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
Anyone here play Dreamcast online? I picked up a BBA for $20 and some trades and looking for any players. I currently have Quake III and PSO and play on the dc - talk servers. Let me know!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I do still, though for PSO I'm more likely to be on the GC version than the DC.

If you're looking for a 'private' server, this one is probably the best bet running atm: http://www.schtserv.com

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Anyone here play Dreamcast online? I picked up a BBA for $20 and some trades and looking for any players. I currently have Quake III and PSO and play on the dc - talk servers. Let me know!

you got a BBA for $20?!

WHAT
THE
F**K?!

seriously, BRAVO on that scoop!!

Lemony Vengeance

gave one to a friend (who sold it), sold the other (to get my Blast. You can't blame me there.)

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
A friend borrowed and never returned mine, many years ago. :(

I'd love to find another, is the scene still around?

Lemony Vengeance

A friend borrowed and never returned mine, many years ago. :(

I'd love to find another, is the scene still around?

yes. it's pretty strong too. Lordnikon from here and Onlineconsoles.com is keeping the online DC scene alive.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Panda, if you go to that store and find some more you know what to do. I never went online with my dc since I had broadband and never got an adapter.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Hopefully those who need 'em can find one...it'd be kinda cool to have a neo-crew dc online thing going on :)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I thought about how to go online with my DC as well... it'd be real nice if the broadband adapters could be reproduced somehow. Read somewhere you could connect the standard modem to your PC and go online through that... never tried that though...

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I thought about how to go online with my DC as well... it'd be real nice if the broadband adapters could be reproduced somehow. Read somewhere you could connect the standard modem to your PC and go online through that... never tried that though...

Yeah, it's possible to do it that way, you just have to have either a traditional modem on/in your pc or have access to a usb one to hook up to it.

How to set up a PCDC server (tutorial)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I got mine 11 years ago from VT for 100...and that was friend prices. Good luck scooping one for Panda prices...

What we *really* need is a Saturn NetLink scene. I love me some sega racers y VO.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I didn't realize they were like hen's teeth. The past 4 or years every local shop has had them used for like 20 bucks, I picked the ones I got up from a new shop that had opened right after Play N Trade died. Really shows how little the broadband penetration was in this region even back then. But then I'm kinda in a rural area to begin with.

Last edited:

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I've had my eye on a NetLink for a while now. What stuff still works with it?

USA-Virtua On, Sega Rally '95, Dayrona CCE, & ??? ^these have to be NetLink editions, not vanilla.

JPN- see above, + STC Championship, & Virtua Fighter something...remix I think?

This is just what I have on hand, & prolly isn't the entire list. I can't be assed to look up the list...typing on the train is making me see sick, from seein' too much, lol.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Trust me, I almost cried. I'm in good with a local store here in Texas, and put $20 for them to hold it for me. I had a bunch of doubles for ps1 among other consoles. They hooked me up!

On that note, someone is working on a BBA repo for the DC.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forum...er-(Dreamcast-Modem-To-Broadband-Replacement)

Glad someone is finally doing it. I've been tempted to get into the online Dreamcast scene for years but definitely not interested in dial up.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
Glad someone is finally doing it. I've been tempted to get into the online Dreamcast scene for years but definitely not interested in dial up.

To be honest, a majority of the games run on dial up, and you can't even notice. If you have the means to do so, I'd recommend it from what I hear. At least give it a try if you can!