Hello Neo Geo Community!

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Hello everyone! Name's NucaCola; I'm 21 years old and I'm an avid video game enthusiast and collector. In the past six months I got my first Neo Geo AES and opened myself to a whole new avenue of vintage video games. Of course it didn't come without some problems at first. I got my AES with a 2.X Unibios, two joysick controllers, a memory card and an english copy of Ninja Combat! All for $350! Only problem was I couldn't get the darn thing to work. After messing with it on and off for five months and asking questions I finally took it to a local, reputable, repair shop and after a couple of days told me the guy I bought it from did the modification in the AES himself and did a shoddy job at it. After paying the good man $130 for the repair for a grand total of $480 for the whole package, I'm finally ready to dive into the world of NEO GEO and all it has to offer!
Despite only having a single game for my AES so far, it has quickly become one of my favorite game consoles of all time! I love everything about the system and it's games.
I've already explored some of the site and have already started a few topics asking some questions. But if there is anything I should know, such as reputable people on the site, trustworthy repair sites, or just want to welcome me, have at it! I'm all ears at this point!
I'm happy to be a part of this community that's dedicated to such a legendary game company like SNK. And I can't wait to see what's in store for me in the future here.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Welcome, So what was wrong with the AES, just bad solder job?

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Welcome, So what was wrong with the AES, just bad solder job?
No that would be the controllers suffering from a bad solder job. Guy tried to modify one of the controllers with some red wires to do SOMETHING but never bothered to mention it in the sale. I plan to save some money to have those removed by a professional at some point. What messed with the console was he did a piss poor job with the Unibios install that pretty much made the console inoperable. It was drawing power and activating, but the picture was messed up and there was no game play to be seen. He probably didn't test it before selling it to me. Jokes on him, I got the darn thing working again. I plan on having a proper Unibios install job done in the future as well. As of right now, I can't even change the region and settings on the darn thing. It just switches from USA to Europe/Console to Arcade whenever it wants to.

Last edited:

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Also I've got a question...
I've got my eye on a US AES copy of King Of The Monsters with the case and the manual. Is it worth the $250 asking price?

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
But if there is anything I should know, such as reputable people on the site, trustworthy repair sites, or just want to welcome me, have at it! I'm all ears at this point!
Oh boy, there's quite some things to know... but you'll figure it all out by yourself, it's not recket science. ^^

I've got my eye on a US AES copy of King Of The Monsters with the case and the manual. Is it worth the $250 asking price?
Nope.

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Also how do I get the attention of someone on here who is selling something I'm looking for? Do I just leave a message in the forums, or do I send a PM?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Also how do I get the attention of someone on here who is selling something I'm looking for? Do I just leave a message in the forums, or do I send a PM?

Thats a very touchy subject. Your best bet is to PM, but more than likely you will get ignored.

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Why's that? Someone is selling something of interest, another person is interested in what's being sold, person sends a PM offering to purchase it, an exchange of money and goods is made and everyone is happy. How is that touchy and why would I get ignored? Is it because I don't have enough posts under my belt?