Am I doing this right?

foobs

n00b
Well after lurking for a while I finally registered here. After a few weeks of reading I saw something in the sell forums that looked interesting so I posted a reply to the seller. Apparently that's a no-no, and I've now been locked from even viewing that thread:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-konami-windy-cab-for-AES-set-up&goto=newpost

I'm being accused of being some other members; not sure how I'm supposed to prove I'm not these guys. Mods, can you help me out? Or at least can you update the new members guide with this info (ie. that users without post history should not post in sell forums)? As much as I'm getting discouraged with this whole ordeal, there's such a wealth of knowledge here and community; I would still like to be a part of it.

About me:
I'm not ashamed of it: I'm in the process of reliving my youth by creating my own arcade. My best memories in middle school were riding my bike to the stores where my friends and I would play fighters all day until sunset. I recently bought two cabs: an MVS v2 4-slot and a Dynamo HS5 cut corner.

I plan on restoring the MVS to its original condition. It has a 161-in-1 cart I think I'll leave in for now. So far I've installed a cap kit and new flyback as the monitor was looking a little dull. The new artwork and control panel will be here this week, but it'll probably have to wait a couple of weeks because I'm still working on the Dynamo.

My favorite fighter is Street Fighter 2, so I'll be restoring the dynamo with all of the CE artwork, bezel, control panel, etc. I just stripped the artwork from the control panel, sanded, bondoed, painted, and plan on applying the overlay this weekend. Still waiting for paradise arcade for the buttons.
bqW0yZu.jpg

gb2Xrev.jpg

alby13

Kuroko's Training Dummy
well, i'd like to see some updated photos when you finish

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
welcome man. The guys (myself included) tend to pounce on people that are out to get deals from the market, but don't contribute/or care about the goings-ons of the forums. We've seen it too many times where people fly in, score something for a great deal then flip it on ebay or elsewhere for a profit, it's not personal and you probably aren't that type of person, but you can't blame them for being cautious/skeptical/cynical, it's happened too many times.

looks like you have a nice start on your collection, and gratz on yer cab pickups :)

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I think you should have posted a little bit before trying to buy the cab just so the forums people can know you better. Can someone please explain who this "dpsx7" person is? I haven't been around here long enough to know him.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
As much as I'm getting discouraged with this whole ordeal, there's such a wealth of knowledge here and community; I would still like to be a part of it.
Hey there, nice cabs. Don't be discouraged, everyone has to start somewhere and even though your start seems to have been a bit bumpy, you're making good here. If you want to become a part of the community also check out the sections besides General (like Game Play, Arcade Central or Unrelated). Chat is also a good way to get to know the regulars. Stick around for a while, you'll find this place well worth your time (and the drama is so delicious here ;)).

Nice introduction btw. In that Windy sales thread you wrote that you use the search function and dig through old threads to find answers to your questions, which I respect. This site is a well of knowledge indeed. Oh, that reminds me:
Can someone please explain who this "dpsx7" person is? I haven't been around here long enough to know him.
SEARCH.
FUNCTION.
(Here's even more.)

foobs

n00b
Thanks for the kind words, guys, appreciate it. I get the defensiveness over the sell forums; makes sense... but it should be documented somewhere so other newbies don't make the same mistake. I think I'll open a separate thread with the restore pics once I get farther along. So much work to do!!

tonycawa

n00b
You are good dude! Nice cab! I still can't make posts of my own and I've been lurking and now registered for a few. All forums are different and have different rules. I have the same cab hit me up if you need new side art for big red!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I unlocked your account.

Don't fuck up.