The NGPC and Card Fighters Clash 2 Expand English Edition Turbo Hyper Fighting

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
SO! After all these years I've decided to finally buy back into the ever charming NGPC, and this time I really want to get my hands on and play Cardfighters Clash 2.

I know about the quite excellent english translation and it's ability to be put onto a certain flashcart but with the flash cart serving next to no other purpose for me I don't really want to drop the cash on it.

Is there some other way for me to acquire this game? Is there someone with the means to produce these? (Perhaps with the aforementioned flash cart) Or flash the english rom onto a JP cart?

Alternatively, is there some other reason I might want to acquire the Flashmasta that would make it feel like a more worthwhile purchase? Anyone putting together a team to finish Magician Lord 2 unofficially or something? :-P

I figured there'd be no better place to ask than here!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Congratulations on getting back into NGPC. You will not regret it! ^^

Another reason for the flashcart are (of course) games you won't be able to afford or which are hard to find... like Rockman, Gals' Fighters, Magical Drop, Evolution (English), Cotton etc. There's also some homebrew stuff that can be fun. Also if you have multiple NGPCs but only one copy of each game, you can still play head to head with a flashcart in one of them...

I really recomend you pick one up. It's also nice that with the newer version of the flashcart you can put two smaller games (16mbit or less) on it an switch between them. If you don't want to though you could try to contact flavor and ask him if he would sell you a loaded flashmasta without the linkmasta (cartreader).

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I went ahead and dropped flavor a line as per your suggestion!
But you've got me thinking I should just pick one up.. it's too bad I suck at programming or I'd consider doing some small home-brew for the system, that seems like it would be hella fun.

I've thought about the possibility of an Arcade Style Legend of Zelda on the Neo before, could maybe do a NGPC proof of concept? :-P

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Woah, I had no idea a NGPC flash cart existed. I've been wanting to play CFC2 for years but I didn't want to do it on an emulator. Big thanks for this post!

Pantarou

Zero's Secretary
I've just picked up a NGPC myself. Playable Translations are indeed worth a thought.

slowly building the nerve to just f-ing buy one. well at least wait til i get my ngpc back all front lit and such! :buttrock:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
My Flashmasta and Linkmasta are on the way over from flavor! Stoked :-P

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Does anyone have pictures or scans of the CFC2 box art and cartridge label? Thinking of making my own flashmasta label based on the "English Edition" title screen and the original CFC2 art but I can't find good shots of the cart or packaging.