Hacking the Game Elf

zsonance

n00b
I've got a 301 Elf lying about so this is very interesting.

EDIT: I'm looking at this going hmm.

http://excellentcom.net/detail.asp?catid=91987&subcatid=0&pdtid=703345

Yeah, soooo they "reprogram" a new 4GB SD card for you, and charge you 40.00 bucks for it... I actually bought my 512-1 board from AliExpress.com and I contacted support and told them I was unsatisfied with the performance of the board, and apparently they are sending me this new 619 upgrade SD card at no charge...I will update everyone on how that goes

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
if there were even just a way to fine tune the settings a bit so it looks more authentic that would make me rebuy one of these.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Now that I have a game elf (had a blue elf) I can't wait for this to come to fruition.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Pretty sure, Vt should get with them. They've made pretty good progress and done a bunch of things. Sounds like the newest version is a little better harder to hack though.

I will NEVER EVER work with Jammaboards.

He would fuck up a turkey sandwich order if you could buy one through his site.

zsonance

n00b
VT, it's been a while just wanted to see if you got anywhere with this... I have a friend Aaron who attempted to hack into the game elf as well and I think he was unsuccessful after trying many different things.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I haven't kept up with that thread I posted earlier but IIRC I think you have to downgrade the firmware and then you can swap out the Sd card add remove games and change some of the settings.