New King of Fighters game in the works?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
All the characters have changed to the better in KOFXII / KOFXIII and are more representative of their original source IMO.

KOFXIII gameplay is solid, no question.

Some look better, some don't. I don't care for Ralf and Clark's insane proportions, and I would have preferred for character's costumes and moves to either mirror their current versions or be new. I wasn't too thrilled with Terry, Andy, King, and others looking like they did back in 1992. Ultimately, it's all personal preference.

And yes, the gameplay is unquestionably good. It's just different.

Last edited:
Xuan Dou Zhi Wang isn't the best example since the 3D graphics are only used to speed along the process of creating sprites (whereas in KoF they're using the 3D models to lay out the appearance of the sprites).

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I hope they change the art style. The animation was great, but everyone looked like a pro wrestler on steroids. It seemed odd, but I liked the counter system from 2012.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I hope they change the art style. The animation was great, but everyone looked like a pro wrestler on steroids. It seemed odd, but I liked the counter system from 2012.

I really have a love hate relationship with the new sprites. I have always liked the more realistic look to the KoF sprites compared to Capcom games. Some characters are just too big now (Ralf/Clark) and whats up with Ryo's face? He looks permanently pissed and Yuri looks like a fucking bobble head in certain poses. But some characters like Kim and Andy I think look amazing....

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OK so let's be fucken honest. 12 looked better than 13 and had cooler gimmicks than 13, the thing is 13 plays so much better! I was happy with the PS3 port of 12 as it was pixel perfect but the unfinished feel was clearly evident. 13 looks like a blur fest on the character sprites, the stages look awesome, why couldn't they keep the character sprites clean? The hell is with the laziness? I wish 13 had the 12 engine in all aspects and then just add all the 13 extra stuff.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
All the characters have changed to the better in KOFXII / KOFXIII and are more representative of their original source IMO.

KOFXIII gameplay is solid, no question.

I agree with you for the most part but some didn't look to hot. Athena and Yuri look like dog shit.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
The hell is with the laziness?
GreenDollarSign.gif

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I agree with you for the most part but some didn't look to hot. Athena and Yuri look like dog shit.

Funny as I specifically mentioned these two as exceptions in my original post and forgot to mention them after re-wording it. Would have loved to see Yuri in her more realistic AoF2 look. Also, not liking Clark's outfit (the buff was good though imo).

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
I'm tired of it!
Every single day I enter this 'news' section expecting to see a KoF XIV announcement and nothing pops out.
C'mon SNKP I want to shut up and give you my money. Just like this guy:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I'm tired of it!
Every single day I enter this 'news' section expecting to see a KoF XIV announcement and nothing pops out.
C'mon SNKP I want to shut up and give you my money. Just like this guy:

I visit the SNK website almost every day XD

Fygee

20 Year Member
It'll happen when it happens. It's the SNKP way since KOF XI to announce games out of the blue.

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
It would probably be better if someone just bought up SNKP. So many wasted IPs on slot machines and mobile phone games. The mobile phone games kinda devalue them.

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Probably an unpopular opinion to many, but I'm honestly sick and tired of hearing people go on and on about KoF all the time.

There are other IPs in the stable that (arguably) deserve some screen time a bit more than KoF...

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I would probably be better if someone just bought up SNKP. So many waster IPs on slot machines and mobile phone games. The mobile phone games kinda devalue them.

SNK could split up in 2 companies, one making games and the other doing pachislots. That way, both divisions will get equal focus.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Probably an unpopular opinion to many, but I'm honestly sick and tired of hearing people go on and on about KoF all the time.

There are other IPs in the stable that (arguably) deserve some screen time a bit more than KoF...

hell yeah i love KOF but think 13 should be the last one for a while wish they would come out with another fatal fury/ last blade game that would be sick

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
hell yeah i love KOF but think 13 should be the last one for a while wish they would come out with another fatal fury/ last blade game that would be sick

This. I love kof and all. But when as the last time snk released a game that wasn't kof or has kof characters in it? We're talking about retail 30-50 dollar release. I'd say it have to be metal slug XX.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Ralf, Clark, and DLC Leona are in Metal Slug XX, who are also KoF characters.

Fygee

20 Year Member

I'm right there with you on that.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
It would probably be better if someone just bought up SNKP. So many wasted IPs on slot machines and mobile phone games. The mobile phone games kinda devalue them.

In old times I'd not agree with you.
But rethinking about it we should reckon this possibility since SNKP is ignoring their IPs =/

We also do that in threads like this http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?252770-Will-metal-slug-8-ever-happen and this http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?252639-Last-Blade-3
It's just that KoF is the most hopeful choice to see a new release by SNKP

megaMANX6

n00b
I believe the new kof will be the compilation of the Ash era just like what SNKP did to KOF98 and 2002.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Quite hard for SNK to come out newer games for their other IPs as budget is an issue

There budget is small, but the only reason they don't make games for there other ip's is that they pour all their money into pachislots.

actionking

n00b
Good thing is that it will be definitely a fighting game.
XIV would be awesome, but I even could live with a MI3. All better than another stupid pachislot game....