Summer Games Done Quick. How are They Streaming 3DS?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Watching Summer Games Done Quick and they are streaming 3DS games. just wondering if anyone knows how they are doing this. They even have the 3DS running on TVs. I did not know that was possible.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
There's third party video output devices that are internally modded into the 3DS. If you're a hardcore Let's Play watcher you'll see these pretty often.

It's a standalone modchip that scrapes the data and spits it out as video (I think the one I've seen outputs an uncompressed AVI stream to PC but maybe there's some that do actual video?), there's no easy DIY mod here like "Nintendo left HDMI points on the board, just solder a cable!" or homebrew to spit out the screen over WiFi.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
There's third party video output devices that are internally modded into the 3DS. If you're a hardcore Let's Play watcher you'll see these pretty often.

It's a standalone modchip that scrapes the data and spits it out as video (I think the one I've seen outputs an uncompressed AVI stream to PC but maybe there's some that do actual video?), there's no easy DIY mod here like "Nintendo left HDMI points on the board, just solder a cable!" or homebrew to spit out the screen over WiFi.

Crazyness!

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Thank you for asking. This was bugging me too during Link Between Worlds.