Vampire Chonicles

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If I bought this for PS3 today with the sole intention of playing online would I get my $15 worth? Or would there only be empty rooms?

If you get it for 360, we could play. I haven't turned it on in months. Maybe if folks chime in w/ where the active rooms are-we can sort it out.

I'll buy the PS3 rev, if that is where the action is.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
360 wise I have only seen it active during prime time US hours, and that is rarely. I tried to get some games during prime time for japan this morning even tried Night Warriors (seems they played that more early on) and it was dead. Not sure about PS3 but imagine it's the same.

Best chance I have getting games going is rustling up a bunch of players on my friends list.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
If you wanna play Vampire Savior online, I'd highly recommend GGPO. They run a tournament every Saturday. I try to show up when I don't completely forget about it or don't have something else going on that day.

Otherwise, the room is usually filled with people AFK. It's even jokingly been called AFK Savior. You can still find people if you just stick around. Dick around on the internet and wait for someone you challenge you, it's what I do.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Just an update this morning I found a lot of people playing Night Warriors. I guess the secret is ranked matches

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
360 version is on sale for $5 this week, lots of other Capcom games as well.

Might pick it up myself.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
I prefer Vampire Savior: The Lord Of Vampire for the Sega Saturn because it has the ability to be played — win/loss quotes and endings — completely in English and it actually has unique endings for each character. Vampire Chronicle For Matching Service for the Sega Dreamcast is also very good; but, I don't believe it has these options. Either way, though, they're both fantastic games. :)

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm going to illuminate you all blind daywalkers...

Here's the scoop with the 2 best Vampire games.

Saturn & DC both have the entire roster, DC has it all, all of it! Saturn almost did, the only thing the Saturn is missing that's worth mentioning and greatly causes a severe lack of awesome is the fact that the Vampire Savior 2 system is MIA. If you don't know the difference between VS and VS2 other than the roster then you might as well keep playing the Saturn. Hell, even the PS1 DS3 has this feature, it sucks that it's not in the Saturn version, otherwise best Vampire ever.

The DC Chronicle doesn't look as awesome on anything other than VGA, the filtering that is used for composite and S-video is just not great, don't care how great a TV set you got, it just plain sucks, this is where the Saturn wins tenfold as Saturn and PSX both never had filters to begin with.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
I'm going to illuminate you all blind daywalkers...

Here's the scoop with the 2 best Vampire games.

Saturn & DC both have the entire roster...

THIS!

I'd actually forgotten the roster problem until recently, when I picked up Darkstalkers Resurrection on 360 (Capcom sale price, not that ludicrous price tag they released it with). So disappointed.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I like playing with Savior characters using the old Darkstalkers game engine in Chronicles on DC. With a $15 mini-SLG the VGA looks pretty decent!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Make sure you play the tourney edition 'cause you'll be missing out on all the nicks and...

Really? Fuck off! No one here is top caliber enough to worry about superfluous shit like that. Either get the Saturn Vampire Savior or the DC Vampire Chronicles if you want a full roster with lots of extras, otherwise stick to the romz.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Make sure you play the tourney edition 'cause you'll be missing out on all the nicks and...

Really? Fuck off! No one here is top caliber enough to worry about superfluous shit like that. Either get the Saturn Vampire Savior or the DC Vampire Chronicles if you want a full roster with lots of extras, otherwise stick to the romz.

Kinda have to agree EG re: Elitist Tournament Fighting Scene bullshit.

About 5% of the members here will be in the category who are affected by certain flaws in fighters and I don't ruin my fighters by looking for them or studying fighters on a mathematical and scientific level whereby I will break my games.

I still pick up and play my 2D fighters by understanding the basic combo system, special moves & command normals per character as well as the basic game system itself.

I'm no Rainman/D.A.R.R.Y.L./Johnny 5 tournament level pro player, thus, all this 'game is broken' shit really doesn't apply to me in 2D fighters.

Autism breaks games I guess...