NGPC replacement boxes?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I used the search function but either my search fu was too bad or there hasn't been something like that yet - has there been any attempt at ngpc replacement boxes yet?

My loose games came without any plastic shells (neither the big nor the small one) and what I consider doing is creating some from cardboard.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I used the search function but either my search fu was too bad or there hasn't been something like that yet - has there been any attempt at ngpc replacement boxes yet?

My loose games came without any plastic shells (neither the big nor the small one) and what I consider doing is creating some from cardboard.

Some people use DS cases with some mods.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I think I've seen some DS mod ones too (and it was probably here at NG.com in this forum, lol). Sometimes you can find empty DS cases in thrift stores for cheap (you could also buy some cheap, crappy DS games from your local GameStop to get some cases to customize too, although that would cost more). The local St. Vincent de Paul thrift store had a bunch of them, for twenty-five cents a piece, several weeks ago, but I didn't buy any of them (I got excited when I thought they were selling GTA: China Town Wars for a quarter until I opened the case and saw there was nothing inside:angry:).

Cardboard, as you suggested, would also be a viable option.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager

It won't happen.

Common or loose NGPC titles (in transparent clamshell cases) are ten-a-penny and cheap.

No one will ever give enough of a fuck to ever reproduce these. At least, not in our lifetime.

Sorry man...

Pantarou

Zero's Secretary
Just some days ago I've seen a bulk of those Cases in an Auction.I don't own a NGPC yet, but there should exist some alternatives that could fit , perhaps those of Game Gear Cartridges ?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Berry: This guy occasionally has lots of original blank NGPC UK cases for sale. He tends to be pricey sometimes, but other times he sells them for stupid cheap...it seems like his prices fluctuate based on how popular they are...and fluctuate a LOT. I've seen them go for $20 for a lot of 5, all the way up to $60-70 for the same lot. Just be patient and keep looking every so often.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/ninjascastle

NeoGeoNinja

£5 for a clamshell?

Ninja'sFuckingCastle indeed.

You used to be able to pick up loosey's of MS2M, Last Blade & Gals Fighters for £5 - in the case!!!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
£5 for a clamshell?

Ninja'sFuckingCastle indeed.

You used to be able to pick up loosey's of MS2M, Last Blade & Gals Fighters for £5 - in the case!!!

FWIW, it's £5/ 6 cases...with free shipping. Hardly terrible.

You used to also be able to buy gas at $0.50/gallon. Welcome to 2014...

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

FWIW, it's £5/ 6 cases...with free shipping. Hardly terrible.

You used to also be able to buy gas at $0.50/gallon. Welcome to 2014...

Heh, fuel was never that cheap here. At least, not since I've been alive.

Also, misread... didn't see the "6". Mental retardation does that sometimes, I'm afraid :emb:

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Thx for the links - I'll check those out, looks quite ok for 6 cases - also started to work on some cardboard replacements yesterday, perhaps I can test a prototype on the weekend.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Did tinker a bit with a first prototype made out of paper (would later be thick cardboard with color and outside print)

WP_20140627_002.jpgWP_20140627_003.jpgWP_20140627_004.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
That looks pretty neat; I like the black silhouette behind the cartridge pouch.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
VersionB - Small sized box just for the cartridge - if I alter the "big box" a bit it could also house the small box.

WP_20140627_005.jpgWP_20140627_006.jpgWP_20140627_007.jpgWP_20140627_008.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
not bad. You could put together PDF files of them with instructions on how to fold them etc. - But I doubt there would be many people into these... I guess most (myself included) go for loose games in those small transparent cases. I could be wrong though ;)

Pantarou

Zero's Secretary
Funny idea with the small sized box, but somehow I had to think about NeoGeo themed cigarette packets afterwards. :D

On the other Hand, if you would use colored Printouts on Cardboards with a consistent styling you would have something else to line up on the shelf! ;)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
When I have sometime I'll post the DS cases I made for some doubles I had. I also have a few scans that you could probably use, I'll have to dig for them though, when I find them, I'll reach out.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Those paper boxes look awesome! If you could put a manual in them that would be a bonus. I've got MotM cart with manual that has long lost its original cardboard box.