PS4 and Playstation Plus

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Another PSA: Sears has Dual Shock 4 on clearance for 30 bucks. You can get Wal Mart to price match it. Knack is 10 bucks as well. Walked out the door with a white controller and Knack for 42 bucks.

Went to Walmart and grabbed a white ps4 controller for $29.99 and tax. I think the price match only applies to the black, but they let me get the white since they were sold out of black.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
spend some time with secret ponchos (free game this month). its a slick little twin stick multiplayer western. its a whole mess of fun.

Downloaded the game and played for a while. It's not bad, Would probably be a blast to play with a couple of friends. Game would have been great if it had a coop mission based linear game mode complete with end bosses. Shades of gun.smoke and sunset riders.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Downloaded the game and played for a while. It's not bad, Would probably be a blast to play with a couple of friends. Game would have been great if it had a coop mission based linear game mode complete with end bosses. Shades of gun.smoke and sunset riders.

i would love to see some sort of campaign mode. it seems like multiplayer is the go-to for the lazy dev. that said- the world they made oozes style and the differences between the characters is enough to keep be coming back. start with red and work your way up the character list. their movesets and strategies are surprisingly deep.

would i pay for it in its current incarnation? maybe, but not a lot.
as a monthly freebie? its fantastic.

Last edited:

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
Yeah, free is fantastic, which is probably why I will renew plus when the time comes.
Right now, just waiting for Injustice to finish installing.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
^ you ain't kidding, Injustice was still downloading in Rest mode as of this morning. This is ridiculous and a really annoying feature for next gen gaming. Even if you buy the hard copy version, you still have to download all or part of the game to the HDD. This is particularly annoying when my friends and I get a game and only have an hour to play that night, we all have to agree that we won't be able to play til,next night.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Between the games broken at launch, the endless patching and the mandatory HDD installs, modern consoles are just mediocre PCs with horrible UIs and digital stores.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I may bite the bullet and actually get a PS4. Does it have those obnoxious updates that the triple has?

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I've spent more time downloading patches and updates than I have actually playing my poor Xbone. :(

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
bump for a solid ps+ for ps4 in march:

valliant hearts, oddworld, ollie ollie 2, and counter spy. been looking at 3 out of 4 for a minute now!

triple guys also get papa & yo and sherlock holmes!

vita only gets counter spy (which is cross buy across all 3 systems).

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
bump for a solid ps+ for ps4 in march:

valliant hearts, oddworld, ollie ollie 2, and counter spy. been looking at 3 out of 4 for a minute now!

triple guys also get papa & yo and sherlock holmes!

vita only gets counter spy (which is cross buy across all 3 systems).

Vita technically gets OlliOlli 2 as well.