Notable Kickstarter projects

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Hey guys,

I've got a few Kickstarters. One is a card game that I helped on. We launched this afternoon and are 10% funded.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/731983185/9dkp-trading-card-game

The other is from a good friend of mine. She's been making these robot plushies for a few years but they're handmade so they sell out very quickly. This project will help her move to factory production, which means more volume and lower prices.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1152078275/jelly-the-robot-plush

Any contributions if you're interested would be appreciated, as would sharing the link to people who might be into these.

Thanks!

fake

15 Year Member
I've got one coming soon. Top secret, but fans of weird PS1 games will like it.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Interestingly enough....

Midora - indefinitely delayed.
Heart Forth Alicia - 2+ years late and going.
TimeSpinner - No release date
Temporus - Stalled development.

I've had positive experiences with every single boardgame I've backed, but videogames have all had serious issues. I doubt any of the listed games will deliver any stretch goal past PC release. PS4/Vita are almost certainly not happening.

Last edited:

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
...and Star Citizen doesn't even have to be mentioned. :oh_no:

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I wish they could stop adding features all the time. Just release the base game and then add things in patches.

fake

15 Year Member
Teaser for the new KS I worked on...

C_JsrUTV0AArpnV.jpg

fake

15 Year Member
We got over $150,000 for a Don't Starve plushie and $145,000 for a Hotline Miami figure. Oddworld doesn't have quite the following of those games, but I've got my fingers crossed.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
They look quite nice if I wanted a plushie.
That is a lofty goal for such an IP, but best of luck to you.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
We got over $150,000 for a Don't Starve plushie and $145,000 for a Hotline Miami figure. Oddworld doesn't have quite the following of those games, but I've got my fingers crossed.

Damn, that's good money right there, share the wealth man...lol, awesome though, I really wish you the best of luck!

fake

15 Year Member
Hey guys,

We just got 100% funding on the Oddworld project this afternoon with a week and a half to go. Thanks to everyone who contributed or shared links with friends!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I wanna kick-start your ass, how about it?

Edit: BTW, it's balancing on a ledge, not the...A.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Hey guys,

We just got 100% funding on the Oddworld project this afternoon with a week and a half to go. Thanks to everyone who contributed or shared links with friends!

congrats bro!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'll just post this here as well because IMHO too few members check the handheld section....

Check out what Flavor and his friends have been up to.

Under the codename "Game Pie Advance" they have, for some time, been working on putting a Raspberry Pi Zero W in a GBA shell to create a portable emulation beast. Custom PCB design, two added buttons (and much more) already make this a very intriguing project - that has come to fruition and can already be purchased (preassembled even). It has been renamed "Freeplay Zero".

Now they're on Kickstarter to outsource the production of the "Freeplay Zero" and to fund a more powerful version built around the Raspberry Pi 3 - the "Freeplay CM3".

Orzi2hK.jpg

Check out the Kickstarter campaing (or Freeplaytech.com) for more info.

Let's discuss and help the funding (live till June 22)!

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The weirdos at Examu (Samurai Spirits V/Special, Arcana Heart, Daemon Bride. Nitroplus Blasterz) are trying to Kickstart a port for the most recent iteration of AH (Arcana Heart 3: Love Max Six Stars!!!!!!).

Stupid name and moe character designs aside, the Arcana Heart games are super solid anime-style fighting games with a heavy focus on air movement. Six Stars was never released outside of the arcades and I generally try to support all of the small developers who make fighting games so that we're not overly reliant on fickle companies like Capcom to keep the scene alive.

$100k to port the game to Steam currently and stretch goals will likely include console ports and extra characters. After 8 hours, it's already 30% of the way to its goal so it looks like it's pretty safely gonna make it.

Kickstarter Page

Trailer for the previous iteration: