Guess what? SNK releasing new KOF Rhythm game! Get your smartphones ready....

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
"for everyone to enjoy" ... yeah right. But whatever, SNK can't hurt me no more with all their selling out. I don't even care.

joe_higashi19

Life is an Illusion, The Magic is Down My Pants.,
I hate rythm games. I did like the Kof shooter an beat em up though. Still id like to see kof get a rest an motw 2 get released.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Nah, MOTW is good, but KOF is better. I would like to see a MOTW2 though, just along side KOF. LOL

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Why couldn't they just release the ADK rhythm game?

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
At least its not friggin pachinko. Its interesting, since KOF always had great music and it takes advantage of touch controls. Still disappointing they haven't announced anything for core gamers since KoF13.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Atleast they're doing something other then those pachislots

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Whats even worse is it reminds me of Cool Cool Toon a bit. I tried to like that game, but I just couldn't.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
If this is what snk is doing for the 20th anniversary of kof, that's pretty sad. But next year is the 10th anniversary of kof 11 so... I guess they will remake 11?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'll try it out. I'm a sucker for rhythm games, though.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Just curious, did 13 make money for SNKP? It's a wonder why they haven't tried to do a 14 and this year marks the 20th anniversary of the franchise. WTF!
Will still play this though as long as it's $5 and under.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
At least this one looks better than that kai kai kai game.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Just curious, did 13 make money for SNKP? It's a wonder why they haven't tried to do a 14 and this year marks the 20th anniversary of the franchise. WTF!
Will still play this though as long as it's $5 and under.

If I have to guess, it's change of management, which shifted focus to pachinko and mobile games.

I remember reading the whole game development staff that worked on KOFXIII got fired after the new company president was assigned. Has this been confirmed?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
At least its a game.

KoF has some of the BEST music in all of gaming so this not be such a bad idea.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Considering how good Metal Slug Defense was, I'm actually pretty excited for it. We all know their music is awesome, and if it's fun to play, then there's nothing to complain about.

Also if you think that they're releasing this INSTEAD of a new KOF, you're insane. Mobile games make money. Games like this are cheap and easy to produce, even moreso with this game because the graphics already exist. Console game development requires money. If these mobile games will help fund whatever their next arcade/console fighting game ends up being, I fully support it.

Right now they're smart to ride the unexpected wave of success Metal Slug Defense is having and milk it for all its worth.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Considering how good Metal Slug Defense was, I'm actually pretty excited for it. We all know their music is awesome, and if it's fun to play, then there's nothing to complain about.

Also if you think that they're releasing this INSTEAD of a new KOF, you're insane. Mobile games make money. Games like this are cheap and easy to produce, even moreso with this game because the graphics already exist. Console game development requires money. If these mobile games will help fund whatever their next arcade/console fighting game ends up being, I fully support it.

Right now they're smart to ride the unexpected wave of success Metal Slug Defense is having and milk it for all its worth.

I wonder how succesful MS Defense has been. I mean its not candy crush saga quite yet.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

Why bother making console games then if they don't make enough money? Why not just make mobile games only?

Your logic is now broken.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Pretty weird - maybe I'm old fashioned but I like my fighters to be fighters and my shmups to be shmups - this looks much like "let's reuse the stuff we have and put some overlay on it" - not a huge fan

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Why bother making console games then if they don't make enough money? Why not just make mobile games only?

Your logic is now broken.

I'd imagine passion, integrity or reverence for an illustrious history.

KOF13 took years of pain an effort and was far from cheap to develop, yet it earned the respect of those who took the time to play it, as it was a worthy entry into the KOF catalog.

While crappy mobile games don't necessarily earn the company any renown in the eyes of the FG community, let alone the NG community, they pay the bills and provide a significant return on a comparatively tiny investment.

Mobiles for money and console fighters for love and respect.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Logic still broken from a business perspective.

Yeah, I suppose.

I guess you have ask yourself in SNKPs position, if the thing you love/enjoy/are best at doesn't make you money (or in some cases loses you money), should you stop doing it all together or should you practice additional methods that will still allow you to continue with what you prefer, though in a reduced capacity?

If the people in charge of SNKP really faced this dilemma and chose a compromise of money followed by fulfillment (should the money allow), rather than purely chasing profits then good for them (and us if it works out that we get an epic KOF to follow up KOF13).

They've not turned into SEGA yet thankfully.