Oregon/NW chat lounge and hangout planning

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Hello fellow northwesterners. I am making this thread to contain local chatter, stop it from polluting other threads.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Someone needs to do a get together! Maybe something like a gaming potluck. Everyone brings a system of their choosing and games! Hell I would pack my PVM too so we arnt fighting over monitors!

I would do a get together but there are two problems. 1. I live in a 900sq ft town house, 2. I live in a 900sq ft town house!

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Wow RIP. Town homes are nice though, if they have even a bit more space. A friend of mine used to live in one that had a tandem 2 car garage, I always thought it would have made an amazing arcade space. Who else is on the check in list for people in the area?

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Wow RIP. Town homes are nice though, if they have even a bit more space. A friend of mine used to live in one that had a tandem 2 car garage, I always thought it would have made an amazing arcade space. Who else is on the check in list for people in the area?

I have a friend that lives in Portland. Huge into anything gong related but not really in our niche. I'll hit him up and see what he thinks about hosting.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
If nothing else there is the arcade expo in october. So you are new to the area midnight?

nhm

n00b
If nothing else there is the arcade expo in october. So you are new to the area midnight?

Are you talking about the Portland Retro Gaming Expo? There's a lot of arcade games, but the actual show is based around retro home gaming systems. This will be my 6th year as a vendor there.

Chef McM

n00b
Hey, I've been living out in Portland, so I just thought I'd chime in. I've actually been inactive on the Neo forums for a few years, but I've been getting back into retro and arcade gaming lately. I'd be interested in a get-together if others are.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
PORTLAND's my old hometown, born there '82, left with the family for Ass-End OR. around '92 or so.
very strong probability i'll be coming on back "home" sometime within five years, -probably considerably less-
since my grandma's lone rental property is willed to us, and will be the first home we have ever owned.

lots of good memories back in P-town, my first ever VG console, a MOD-1 SEGA Genny, was bought for me X-MAS '89
at the CLACKAMAS TOYS-R-US, still have the original advert flier for it even.

anyone here know if that R-US location is still around? last time i was in that area was back in '06
when my grandma took me to CLACKAMAS TOWN CENTER for nostalgia-wallowing. Good Times...

Last edited:

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
anyone here know if that R-US location is still around? last time i was in that area was back in '06
when my grandma took me to CLACKAMAS TOWN CENTER for nostalgia-wallowing. Good Times...

If you're talking about the one off of 82nd and Sunnyside, then yes, that one is still there and still doing well.

nhm, what booth?

For a get-together, there's always Ground Kontrol. :P Otherwise, we could all meet at PRGE. I'm gonna be there with a bunch of friends.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Thread res yo. There will be at least a few of us milling around at prge, at the very least we can grab a drink or something.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
me and my sister have been hoping for an opportunity to check out GROUND KONTROL for five years now,
too damned busy every time we go up there for my OHSU visits.

perhaps we'll finally get the chance to experience this supposed Mecca once we move...

Last edited:
I am not going to be able to make it to the PRGE. However, I was wondering if anyone in Washington and Oregon could recommend any game stores. Especially for MVS games.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I am not going to be able to make it to the PRGE. However, I was wondering if anyone in Washington and Oregon could recommend any game stores. Especially for MVS games.

Never had luck sourcing MVS carts locally. CL had some, but kinda overpriced for what they were.

jon713

Camel Slug
Seattle here, Portland in oct should be fun! I was just at dorkys in Tacoma today, nice arcade, just wished all the joysticks were working right.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Need to find some middle ground between OR and WA. Is there a good place up that way? More of the NW contingent seem to be up there.

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
I got (most of) my cabinets moved from storage into the new apartment the other weekend. Haven't had any time to dink with them since, though.
The Astro and Cute need a little work, but the MVS cabs are 100%.
newgarage.jpg