So looks like the 2014 Game of the Year will be released on 9/16...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
...the only thing left to decide is if I should get the collectors edition of Theatrhythm Curtain Call, or just the standard version - the additional 20 song soundtrack is nice, but I ain't in love with the pouch..or the art on the packaging...

But anyway, the game should be awesome - i can hardly contain myself.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Nah man it's Feb 24th

While I agree that a better game will not come out in 2015 (I'm that confident in CD-Projekt Red), Moe said the best game of 2014.

I'm getting the CE because I'm a sucker for limited collector's editions. I'm such a sap.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Ah crap its 2015 :(
Sorry to shit up your thread moe, honestly i grabbed the original demo for Theatrhythm on 3ds and it was pretty damn good. Some of those songs bring back the memories.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I might get Theatrhythm because it has songs from Mystic Quest in it.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Dammit. I totally forgot about this and missed out on my chance to pre-order the square enix collectors edition...and of course it is sold out.

Its a long shot, but if anyone ordered a copy and is having buyer's remorse, lmk and I'll gladly take it off your hands and compensate you extra for your kindness. Will probably make a WTB thread in the market forum as well.

Blah, I really hope I don't have to go to ebay for this.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Dammit. I totally forgot about this and missed out on my chance to pre-order the square enix collectors edition...and of course it is sold out.

Its a long shot, but if anyone ordered a copy and is having buyer's remorse, lmk and I'll gladly take it off your hands and compensate you extra for your kindness. Will probably make a WTB thread in the market forum as well.

Blah, I really hope I don't have to go to ebay for this.

Straight up. You probably will have to. I ordered mine the moment it came up but I've heard nightmare stories about digital river.

Also...

Preview of the 70 songs from FFI-VII:

Preview of the 86 songs from FFVIII-XIV:

Preview of the 63 songs from FF spin-offs:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Sigh, you're right. Just gotta prepare myself to get price gouged I suppose.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Fucking starting to hate this hobby. This is already up on ebay for around $150.

I wish people wouldn't buy these games at these ridiculous prices to send these leeches a message, but some morons are already in bidding wars.

Sure I could drop a little extra $$$, but I'm not giving into this crap. I'll be content w/ the regular edition.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Fucking starting to hate this hobby. This is already up on ebay for around $150.

I wish people wouldn't buy these games at these ridiculous prices to send these leeches a message, but some morons are already in bidding wars.

Sure I could drop a little extra $$$, but I'm not giving into this crap. I'll be content w/ the regular edition.

That was fast considering the damn game isn't even out yet.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Demo just popped up on the E-Shop. Two songs. J-E-N-O-V-A Advent Childern Version & the Music theme for Figaro Castle from FFVI.

I've already hit Perfect Crit Chains on Normal and Expert mode and Triple SSS on Ultimate.

Step on up bitches!

Also...

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I just pre ordered yesterday. Screw special editions. They're always a bunch of crap I never use in a nice box. Never listen to soundtracks, art books always suck when packaged with games.

This game should be amazing. I loved the first one and ebayed it to help pay for the new one. Hoping most the dlc songs from the original are included, and hoping the character customization is tweaked hard with more rpg elements. The weakness of the first game was lack of rpg depth, and too many damn dlc songs.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...the only thing left to decide is if I should get the collectors edition of Theatrhythm Curtain Call, or just the standard version - the additional 20 song soundtrack is nice, but I ain't in love with the pouch..or the art on the packaging...

But anyway, the game should be awesome - i can hardly contain myself.
So I gave my GF the first Theatrhythm and she loved it. Her birthday is coming next week and I want to get this for her but jesus it is nowhere to be found, where can I find the regular edition, I'd love to get ther the Limited one but for the looks of it it's gonna be a PITA.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
So I gave my GF the first Theatrhythm and she loved it. Her birthday is coming nevi t week and I want to get this for her but jesus it is nowhere to be found, where can I find the regular edition, I'd love to get ther the Limited one but for the looks of it it's gonna be a PITA.

I pre-ordered from gamestop yesterday. The said they only had the special edition available for pre-order , which I doubt is true. She also said the special edition was the same price, and if someone didn't get their special edition I could take it. But the weird thing is the versions were listed as regular, and just curtain call. The regular was sold out. Something is telling me I will be receiving the regular edition.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So I gave my GF the first Theatrhythm and she loved it. Her birthday is coming next week and I want to get this for her but jesus it is nowhere to be found, where can I find the regular edition, I'd love to get ther the Limited one but for the looks of it it's gonna be a PITA.

Hmm, I believe it is actually not coming out until next week on the 16th. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all pre-orders (maybe first prints) will be coming with a bonus music CD which contains like 5 or 6 songs...so the price of this should be the standard $39.99 i would think that these are probably going to be available at release as I can't see a ton of people pre-ording this game.

Then there is the collectors edition which has an expanded CD soundtrack and some other swag....this is the version I was trying to get which there are no longer any pre-orders for. This was available only from the Square Enix shop directly for around $80....but now people are already "pre-selling" this on ebay for over $100 - the cheapest I saw was like $115.

Regardless of whichever edition though, this game is going to be awesome...the first was super addictive for me. It'll make an awesome bday gift.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
One of my buds got his collectors edition in the mail today. Me jelly.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hmm, I believe it is actually not coming out until next week on the 16th. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all pre-orders (maybe first prints) will be coming with a bonus music CD which contains like 5 or 6 songs...so the price of this should be the standard $39.99 i would think that these are probably going to be available at release as I can't see a ton of people pre-ording this game.

Then there is the collectors edition which has an expanded CD soundtrack and some other swag....this is the version I was trying to get which there are no longer any pre-orders for. This was available only from the Square Enix shop directly for around $80....but now people are already "pre-selling" this on ebay for over $100 - the cheapest I saw was like $115.

Regardless of whichever edition though, this game is going to be awesome...the first was super addictive for me. It'll make an awesome bday gift.

Thanks for the info, I feel pretty dumb 'cause the date is on the title and I rushed in 'cause it's perfect timing for my GF's birthday. Anyway, I'm glad I asked 'cause I headed to Gamestop and pre-ordered it just now. Not the limited edition but apparently gamestop has a special edition just like you said, so I pre-ordered that. It'll do, that's just part of the gift anyway but I know she really liked the first one.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Demo just popped up on the E-Shop. Two songs. J-E-N-O-V-A Advent Childern Version & the Music theme for Figaro Castle from FFVI.

I've already hit Perfect Crit Chains on Normal and Expert mode and Triple SSS on Ultimate.

Step on up bitches!

Also...

It is definitely looking better, and the notes pop more it sounds like when you hit them. Hopefully there is online scoreboards, and a better, less confusing dark note street pass system. They only showed two of the 3 games modes present in the original though. The Battle and Adventure scenes. I can't remember what the other scenes were called, but they were by far the worst, and if omitted, I wouldn't raise a fuss. I'm actually pretty excited for this one. Hasn't been much released since bravely default, and mario golf. At least in my opinion. Hopefully with the holiday's approaching we will be treated with so many awesome games it's hard to choose. Right now I only have 5 3DS games. Mario Golf, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem, A Link Between Worlds, and Ocarina of Time.

Pretty much all I want now is Curtain Call, Star Fox, and maybe Kid Icarus and Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
One of my buds got his collectors edition in the mail today. Me jelly.

My copy just arrived in the mail right now. Shocked Digital River came thru what with the stories I've heard about it.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
My copy just arrived in the mail right now. Shocked Digital River came thru what with the stories I've heard about it.
Mine should arrive today or tomorrow... or never. The postman that regularly delivers mail has been on vacation last week. The new guy was too lazy to walk all the way down to the end of the street to see that my house is behind a bunch of trees (even though there is a mailbox in plain sight with a clearly numbered address). He marked my mail and packages as "undeliverable" last thursday. Good thing I was checking for my package and intercepted it at the post office in the afternoon, otherwise all my mail would have been "return to sender." If this happens again today or tomorrow with all the game releases, I'll be pretty angry.

neo_mao

15 Year Member

ha I'm just playing around - I could never hate you guys...

Right now I'm kinda on the fence if I should just pick up the standard version of the game, or just hold out a bit and see if I can snag the collectors edition on ebay. Right now, there's a ton at around the $115 mark....I'd probably bite if I can find one for $100...given I think it was selling for $80 in the S-E store - a $20 penalty for my foolishness seems fair...

If I dont find one by the weekend online, then I'll probably just cave and buy the regular edition.