Oliverclaude's Bakery Collection 2014

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Or is collecting/playing video games lacking fun in general for you?

Not at all, I'm just of the opinion, that the home cart market isn't particularly much fun anymore. All other consoles still have that past vibe for me ready, if it comes down to collecting and there's also no other game I play more regularly than NTM ;).

Proof that the internet is a scary place.
Too easy to find you Oliver...

What's so scary about it? U.S. vehicle deaths topped 40,000 in 2017, that's scary, too, right? So, what's the number of people who'll stop using their car because of this fact?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
What's so scary about it? U.S. vehicle deaths topped 40,000 in 2017, that's scary, too, right? So, what's the number of people who'll stop using their car because of this fact?

Did you see the picture? That IS you, right?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Yes, I saw it, that's me. But what I'm still missing is... your point?

You have the Mona Lisa of AES carts if I'm not mistaken. I'd me more particular about my privacy in that case.

PS: I removed your picture.

Last edited:

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
he is a pretty handsome guy. Sho us some more pictures of your athletic body ! Do it !
Anyway SK is right, you should find yourself a new goal to achieve. But buying a full collection is forbidden and I know you want to cheat on that !

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You have the Mona Lisa of AES carts if I'm not mistaken. I'd me more particular about my privacy in that case.

PS: I removed your picture.

I don't think OC is all that worried about an Ocean's 11 style heist with neckbeards coming in through the chimney...
Spoiler:
...but he has the ovens ready, just in case! :eek:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Too many people talk about collecting as games sitting on shelves, but it is more than that. It’s about the journey, the places you go, the people you meet, and the good times to be had. That is the biggest score of them all.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...it is more than that. It’s about the journey, the places you go, the people you meet, and the good times to be had. That is the biggest score of them all.

"It means love, respect, community… and full shelves too. The entire package. The Quan of collecting!"

[SUP]-- snes_collector, my personal Ambassador of Quan[/SUP]

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The word Journey gets used alot now in days. A chick gets pregnant and she's going on a Journey. A guy needs to lose weight and he go's on a Journey.

I can't take that word seriously anymore. I remember when the word Journey use to mean something like I'm going on a journey to climb to the top of Mount Everest or doing a 10 day walk to Fatima.

Now a Journey is I met this guy, he sold me a game, I hung out at his crib and we had a few beers and talked about the games sitting on his shelves. It was a epic Journey.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The word Journey gets used alot now in days. A chick gets pregnant and she's going on a Journey. A guy needs to lose weight and he go's on a Journey.

I can't take that word seriously anymore. I remember when the word Journey use to mean something like I'm going on a journey to climb to the top of Mount Everest or doing a 10 day walk to Fatima.

Now a Journey is I met this guy, he sold me a game, I hung out at his crib and we had a few beers and talked about the games sitting on his shelves. It was a epic Journey.

snes_collector was obviously trolling with his sermon like post, so was I with my Tidwell quote, but apart from that, it's also quite obvious that there's only one journey, death. Everything else is just running away from it, weather you climb the heights of Mount Everest or buy a game from a simpleton in Cologne... ultimately, you can't take any of such "journeys" with you and while they last, they won't make anybody a better man either.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
:lolz: I wasn't trolling, but I can agree with the word journey being overused, maybe that wasn't the right word choice on my end. Not like we are going through rites of passage collecting games. What I meant is sitting the game on the shelf isn't the only thing I get out of this hobby.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
:lolz: I wasn't trolling, but I can agree with the word journey being overused, maybe that wasn't the right word choice on my end. Not like we are going through rites of passage collecting games. What I meant is sitting the game on the shelf isn't the only thing I get out of this hobby.

I was only messing with you but you do agree with me that people use the word Quest or Journey for the smallest little things. I cringe every time I hear some Millenial on youtube use the word Journey like he accomplished something difficult.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I was only messing with you but you do agree with me that people use the word Quest or Journey for the smallest little things. I cringe every time I hear some Millenial on youtube use the word Journey like he accomplished something difficult.

Grail

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

The worst is when they use both. Like I went on a long journey through a game store today looking for several grails to sit on my shelf.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Too many people talk about collecting as games sitting on shelves, but it is more than that. It’s about the journey, the places you go, the people you meet, and the good times to be had. That is the biggest score of them all.

If you think collecting video games is a "journey" then there are a LOT of aspects of your life that you might need to reassess.

poulet

Quiz Detective
I took this nickname ( "chicken") for a lan DIABLO 2 with my old friends.
it was a huge mistake, now they still call me "poulet".

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Yea, I think today's average collector is doing it mostly to post pics online for validation of their expensive purchase. FB is the worst for that nowadays. But the points you made about the NeoSD, bootlegs, etc are pretty much spot on. Live to play, play to live.

Ah, the famous ePenis.

15 years ago I was very happy to post all my videogames finds, because I was genuinely happy. It was the thrill of the hunt that motivated me to search everywhere. But since ridiculous prices increase and availability / visibility with YT it's not a question of the hunt, but instead how much you're spending on a game. You spent 3 grand, wow, your ePenis is sooooo huge. You're clearly better thant the others. It's really not the same, sadly.

Oh, and by the way oliverclaude, great collection ! It's a pleasure to watch it :)

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy

Amen ! When I look at my games, each of them remembers me some cool story and I think it's a big part of why I collect. Because I could just sell the games I don't play anymore. But I keep them as a memento (and also in case I would want to replay them someday ;) )

poulet

Quiz Detective
Oliverclaude a few questions :
-what is your favorite game ?
-which game are you the best ?
-which game are you most ?
-do you remember amusing anecdotes about sales ?
-what game did you have the most trouble getting ?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Oliverclaude...

...a few questions :
-what is your favorite game ?
-which game are you the best ?

Both: Neo Turf Masters

-which game are you most ?

???

-do you remember amusing anecdotes about sales ?

Hehe, yeah... it's how I met one of my best gaming buddies. It was in the early 10's, the WiiU had been released, PS4 & XBO were on their way and I was again buying off home carts from those, who wanted to finance their entry into the 8th generation. I wanted to "upgrade" some jpn. games in my collection, which were not in a perfect condition yet, titles like Crossed Swords, MotW or Baseball Stars 2.

I put the doubles on auction and Baseball Stars was bought by a guy living not far from my place. I offered him a COD delivery and we finally met. He told me then, that he only bought the BS2 cart, because he wanted to know "who the fuck that damn oliverclaude was", who outbid him in the last five Neo-Geo auctions, paid ridiculous 250 Euro for Crossed Swords and, on top of that, was a Kölner, too.

Well, after our little meet & greet, he did get to know me and we became best friends since. He's my NTM arch-nemesis, by the way. Soon after I met Hasuki-san, who also lives in Köln, and our trio regularly meets in Hasuki's gaming attic (arcade PCBs & current gen) or my basement (classic console stuff).

-what game did you have the most trouble getting ?

Getting a game in general: Kizuna Encounter (Engl.)
Getting a game in perfect condition: Baseball Stars 2 (Jpn.) & World Heroes (Engl.)

P.S. Thank you very much for replying to my "poulet" question, cool story ;).