Oliverclaude's Bakery Collection 2014

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
[...] my other site feels always a bit sad [...].

Please..., I am so tired of this "the bigger your collection is, the poorer must be your skillz, the lesser you play your games etc." stereotypes. Maybe it should go the other way 'round? Imagine how your skills would look then...

Anyway, just try to achieve this, without playing your games...

VP-1CC.jpg

...and while you are at it...

BTG-Schottland.jpg

And please, don't bother my guests. HMG had a valid and humorous argument there, which I answered sufficiently by myself and, I might add, without acting like a primadonna. Neither I need, nor do I want your petty paternalism but...

...before I forget my manners, I'd like to sincerely thank you for visiting my collection thread, you're welcome, of course, but, as for now, take your quarrels on to a thread of yours and... well, go on feeling sad..., if you still have to ;).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
@dondi & bklyn4ever: Thank you both, I am very glad that you like it ;).

//Edit for typos.

Last edited:

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Hey there Oliver, nice collection and greetings to Hürth !

As spoken during our Atomiswave deal, I definitely have to look at your compilation "in real". Fotos are really impressive.

CU

Jan

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent

As spoken during our Atomiswave deal, I definitely have to look at your compilation "in real". Fotos are really impressive and make me feel like a small kid :vik:

CU

Jan

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

As spoken during our Atomiswave deal, I definitely have to look at your compilation "in real". Fotos are really impressive and make me feel like a small kid :vik:

CU

Jan

Look how small n-g.com can be... greetings back to the DaddleKing himself ;). And as visiting goes: anytime, my friend, anytime...

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
That's a very original way to store your games :)

Congratulation, it's a very nice collection.

Ps: I love the way you write. It makes me feel like I can finally understand German!

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
That's a very original way to store your games :)

Congratulation, it's a very nice collection.

Ps: I love the way you write. It makes me feel like I can finally understand German!

I agree, beyond the (great) collection we have a true gentleman.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
[...] I love the way you write. It makes me feel like I can finally understand German!

That's cute ;). Indeed, there is something very teutonic about my English, that I can rarely shake off. Quite a krautesque experience... still, am very glad that you're able to enjoy it.

And of course I appreciate it just as much, that you dig my Neo-Bakery-Collection. I deal with these carriages on a daily basis for eons now... it was about time, they store something other than dough..., well, literally speaking ;).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
[...] a true gentleman.

Thanks... I guess. Comes as a total surprise though, since there is no bigger trolling fan, than me and I certainly don't mean... fishing. Some days would just feel unbearable without BeefJerky handling things... by the way, is that how you came across that cool nick?...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?55446-neo-word-game

...and did I mention CORY_POOOOOOOOON!...? Well, the trekkie comment on Shawns possibly maybe remaining stock of Matrimelees was an instant classic ;)))).

But you're welcome and thanks for visiting, too!

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Just beautiful! I love how the rolling carts look like aes cases themselves.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
Please..., I am so tired of this "the bigger your collection is, the poorer must be your skillz, the lesser you play your games etc." stereotypes. Maybe it should go the other way 'round? Imagine how your skills would look then...

Anyway, just try to achieve this, without playing your games...

View attachment 19033

...and while you are at it...

View attachment 19034

And please, don't bother my guests. HMG had a valid and humorous argument there, which I answered sufficiently by myself and, I might add, without acting like a primadonna. Neither I need, nor do I want your petty paternalism but...

...before I forget my manners, I'd like to sincerely thank you for visiting my collection thread, you're welcome, of course, but, as for now, take your quarrels on to a thread of yours and... well, go on feeling sad..., if you still have to ;).

its not about skills but retro gaming ethics how some games are just collecting dust while other people can only dream about owning them and playing them on their AES. Anyways enjoy your life

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
About dust and revolutionary carts...

[...] enjoy your life

I will, thanks... though, as far, as I am concerned, it is and alway will be about skills, too. Otherwise, how else you want to proof, that my Viewpoint would be played more being on your shelf instead of mine? By saying so, I guess...

And just by the way... collecting is about skills more than one can imagine at first sight. Avoiding boots and clever made conversions, travelling light years to places where no GPS has been before, looking out on a daily basis for over 20 year old games, just because you love them, while nobody else cares... who else comes up with a dedication like this?

Someone with two dust-free carts on a shelf...?

Guess again.

Collections like BRANDIS or 8mans don't just happen over night. Sure, everybody likes to play those carts, but hunting them down and letting go of other things to finally get them seems to be beyond those players without any scores to proof their dedication and/or will to collect.

Plus...

...to play them, just install MAME. Buy yourself a Big Red. Visit a friend with that certain game you want to play. Playing? Just playing? A collection is more than that... it's the whole package, the Quan of video gaming and yes, it is also the occasional dust on a Mahjong Kyôretsuden.

It's not something to dream about, you live it... or you don't.

And p l e a s e, before you come up with another chapter of video game ethics, bring out some scores to back them up, so we can finally check out on your gaming-versus-dust ratio. I could use a challenge... in games that is, not poems about self-pitying ;).

It is surely not by mistake, that, reflecting on those "dreamy gamers" of yours, you first mentioned that they dream to o w n those unnamed games and then to play them... the best Neo-Geo players are found in japanese arcades. Do you honestly think they o w n any of them?...

Their quarters surely don't collect any dust... do yours?

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
I will, thanks... though, as far, as I am concerned, it is and alway will be about skills, too. Otherwise, how else you want to proof, that my Viewpoint would be played more being on your shelf instead of mine? By saying so, I guess...

And just by the way... collecting is about skills more than one can imagine at first sight. Avoiding boots and clever made conversions, travelling light years to places where no GPS has been before, looking out on a daily basis for over 20 year old games, just because you love them, while nobody else cares... who else comes up with a dedication like this?

Someone with two dust-free carts on a shelf...?

Guess again.

Collections like BRANDIS or 8mans don't just happen over night. Sure, everybody likes to play those carts, but hunting them down and letting go of other things to finally get them seems to be beyond those players without any scores to proof their dedication and/or will to collect.

Plus...

...to play them, just install MAME. Buy yourself a Big Red. Visit a friend with that certain game you want to play. Playing? Just playing? A collection is more than that... it's the whole package, the Quan of video gaming and yes, it is also the occasional dust on a Mahjong Kyôretsuden.

It's not something to dream about, you live it... or you don't.

And p l e a s e, before you come up with another chapter of video game ethics, bring out some scores to back them up, so we can finally check out on your gaming-versus-dust ratio. I could use a challenge... in games that is, not poems about self-pitying ;).

It is surely not by mistake, that, reflecting on those "dreamy gamers" of yours, you first mentioned that they dream to o w n those unnamed games and then to play them... the best Neo-Geo players are found in japanese arcades. Do you honestly think they o w n any of them?...

Their quarters surely don't collect any dust... do yours?

the AES is still different you cant just go to a flea market and except that some one is going to sell his neo geo AES stuff for a low price. The chance is 1 million to 1 that you even will find any AES stuff at all, especially in germany (maybe in japan and lesser extend USA but not in europe). Maybe there used to be a time but this is obviously over so there is zero skill involved in comparison to collecting for a more common systems like the NES where you can actually still find something if you check out every flea market etc every week.
All what you can do is order from the internet and this is fact. Yes of course you can watch at ebay and the neo selling thread like a hawk and make a good deal but in the end it comes down to money. With conversions i give you that but with traveling to places and searching in RL this is BS.
And if conversions are such a problem for you why arent you doing something for the community with your 100% original AES game library like scanning every pcb and making a site similar like mvs.gotwalls.com so people can make research on their games if they got scammed or not? To 8mans defense i must say at least he helps you out on some english games if you pm him from what i have seen.

And second my comments were just an opinion, i can zero relate to someone who has like every neo geo aes game protected in plastic and owning all games in both Japanese & english versions is total overkill for me. Its the same way i would look at MTVs my crib of some super rich star or something. If people cant relate to something they lose interests and dont care, this has nothing to do with marxism but human nature, at least for me it is.

i enjoy watching luke morses collection much more than yours despite him not having every game and some carts even lose. Why? because it simple looks authentic.

Like i said you can do what ever you want but dont except people licking your balls just because you own more plastic, especially with your 31 posts as it just hints you only signed up to show off your stuff to boast self esteem or some other weird things in mind. Its very fishy behavior and i felt i needed to give my 2 cents in my first post in a very polite way, but you had to to dig more of course because i am not 100% agreeing.

Last edited:

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Your posts really have no meaning.
You come to an aes collection thread to say what ?That the guy should not collect aes carts so that others can play the games as well?
I mean if you want to play lets say metal slug 1 you have to buy the aes cart to do so??
There is mvs and even emulation you you know.

You dont like aes?you dont have money for the aes ?you dont relate to full aes library collecting?
Good for you mate!!
Others feel the opposite...it's not an issue of right and wrong and convincing others of your point of view...its just a hobby who has room for everyone just like real life.
Not all can buy a ferrari let alone collect supercars but lots can afford a car...

Also have you ever opened an aes cart to see the pcbs inside?Or even better have you ever opened a 1000 euro + cart for the same reason?You think it is easy to do so without damaging the cart?

....sure 8man helps others a lot ,at least he has helped me, but have you asked for Oliver's help and he has denied it?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Impressive collection. I have a small number of Aes carts and love them.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
[...] i needed to give my 2 cents[...].

Thank you for those cents, now I'm really flush... but I was talking about quarters, remember? So, where are your scores? I mean, you still playing games, don't you... show us some piece of that and I'll gladly take you on ;).

But...

...since you brought up flea markets: The flea market of the 21st century is the web. If you think, that it doesn't take skill to negotiate with a japanese yahoo auctions seller with zero english suss to sell his stuff to a gaijin, then you are mistaken. Just because you can't imagine situations, which afford skills in the collecting craftmanship, it doesn't mean these situations don't occur.

Trader, Rakuten and other obscure places you didn't even consider to look out for, desperately require skills... skills you obviously don't posess, otherwise how else should I interpret your purchase of a low conditioned RBFFS from a guy with so many negative feedbacks, you could walk on them from here to Jayson Youngs infamous warehouse, as not as a purchase done by someone with literally zero skills...

You also forgot the Retro-Börse in Bochum and Oberhausen where I bought, amongst other gems, a mint english Savage Reign for 125 Euro in 2010, price tag's still on (big ups go to Markus, the congenial seller. Meet you on the 11th this month...;))).

But since you don't do "traveling to places", as you so vividly expressed... then go on and enjoy Mr. Morses' collection for it's realness, instead of having one of your own. That reminds me... ever heard Group Home? They'll teach you some about the realness ;). But I digress...

So, while you mentioned the looking out on selling threads in the web forums of choice... well, be my guest and guess why you always come up short in that department, too... couldn't be the lack of skills, now could it?

Anyway, go and call all that bullshit, but don't expect to score anytime soon, both in your games and your transactions. And if you think that I gave over a 150 bucks for a faded Real Bout Special cartridge from the first available jpn-bay seller, ...than you better visit the couch doctor of your confidence... just sayin'.

Now, if you still need my collection thread to "show off your stuff to boast self esteem or some other weird things in mind", then...

...I'll still have you welcomed, just be sure, you don't get yourself another "overkill".

P.S. Regarding your post count... half of it went down to whine about that RBFFS cart & trolling with the well mannered xsq. Does that really count?

P.P.S. Concerning my piling up debts towards the community... you really have to come more around in the world wide, but I'll make the effort to oblige you with just one or two examples...

see post #111 and the following: http://forum.nexgam.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=79209&pageNo=6

see post #243: http://forum.nexgam.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=79209&pageNo=13

...a lot of other requests were solved and helped via private messages.

Pics or it didn't happen? Be a sport and ask the BND for them ;).

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
That is one awesome collection ! My hat off to you !

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
Thank you for those cents, now I'm really flush... but I was talking about quarters, remember? So, where are your scores? I mean, you still playing games, don't you... show us some piece of that and I'll gladly take you on ;).

But...

...since you brought up flea markets: The flea market of the 21st century is the web. If you think, that it doesn't take skill to negotiate with a japanese yahoo auctions seller with zero english suss to sell his stuff to a gaijin, then you are mistaken. Just because you can't imagine situations, which afford skills in the collecting craftmanship, it doesn't mean these situations don't occur.

Trader, Rakuten and other obscure places you didn't even consider to look out for, desperately require skills... skills you obviously don't posess, otherwise how else should I interpret your purchase of a low conditioned RBFFS from a guy with so many negative feedbacks, you could walk on them from here to Jayson Youngs infamous warehouse, as not as a purchase done by someone with literally zero skills...

You also forgot the Retro-Börse in Bochum and Oberhausen where I bought, amongst other gems, a mint english Savage Reign for 125 Euro in 2010, price tag's still on (big ups go to Markus, the congenial seller. Meet you on the 11th this month...;))).

But since you don't do "traveling to places", as you so vividly expressed... then go on and enjoy Mr. Morses' collection for it's realness, instead of having one of your own. That reminds me... ever heard Group Home? They'll teach you some about the realness ;). But I digress...

So, while you mentioned the looking out on selling threads in the web forums of choice... well, be my guest and guess why you always come up short in that department, too... couldn't be the lack of skills, now could it?

Anyway, go and call all that bullshit, but don't expect to score anytime soon, both in your games and your transactions. And if you think that I gave over a 150 bucks for a faded Real Bout Special cartridge from the first available jpn-bay seller, ...than you better visit the couch doctor of your confidence... just sayin'.

Now, if you still need my collection thread to "show off your stuff to boast self esteem or some other weird things in mind", then...

...I'll still have you welcomed, just be sure, you don't get yourself another "overkill".

P.S. Regarding your post count... half of it went down to whine about that RBFFS cart & trolling with the well mannered xsq. Does that really count?

P.P.S. Concerning my piling up debts towards the community... you really have to come more around in the world wide, but I'll make the effort to oblige you with just one or two examples...

see post #111 and the following: http://forum.nexgam.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=79209&pageNo=6

see post #243: http://forum.nexgam.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=79209&pageNo=13

...a lot of other requests were solved and helped via private messages.

Pics or it didn't happen? Be a sport and ask the BND for them ;).

first of all why should i challenge you in your NEO GEO CD!!!! games, i dont have this system and its just another hint you probably dont even play your japanese AES games lol.

faded Real Boat Special, 150 bucks? thanks for clearing up what a lying douchebag you are, not to mention that all there is from you now all of the sudden is attacking me instead at my arguments i just made. Very low bro.
These are the facts the seller gave as condition.
Condition
·Case: A
·Manual: A
·Cart: A:
·Good <- S A B C D -> Bad
·The manual is written in Japanese only..
·There are a box and a manual.
·It has been tested and works perfectly.
·This item is a Japanese version
and now you all of the sudden turn the price into dollars so it sounds more.
http://www.neogeokult.com/aes-price-guide/

It was 107€ not shipping included, AES price guide agrees with me this was an okay if not even a good deal for this game in 2014.

Its pointless to argue with people like you who already have every game and completed their collection years ago. 2010? what was there Blazing star? 300€ lol? Its a joke, youre just longer collecting games for this system and youre probably even older than i am. But times have changed. Go to rakuten and give in there neo geo you wont find anything. Yahoo actions i have looked many months ago and even recalculated the yen prices and it was pretty much the same so its not worth it, and for some reason you find a lot of AES conversion these days on this japanese site, at least a lot for being japanese.
Go sell some of your games and try to find them again for the price and quality you demand if you think youre some kind of mastermind in collecting for the Neo Geo. You were just lucky at a certain point in time more there isnt to say at your great deals.

Neo Selling threads, i never could find anything of a good deal for games i was looking for and even if, it was like 10€ less, and yes there were some good deals i have seen who were quickly done before i came but what you gonna do? Spent all your time in a forum? And to be honest i prefer to buy games from non NeoGeoForum sources especially as it will make sure more AES games are circulating in this community and i still find a lot of games below the AES price guide and a lot of times even below the neo selling thread. When it comes to japaneseAES games, MVS/englishAES is different story.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
I apologize to come here late .... Very impressive your collection really :)

Polite and full strong power when see both version AES. I see Kizuna Encounter Euro AES also .... wow !!!!!!!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
first of all [...].

First of all, you must be confused by the fact, that I showed my BTG achievement on my CDZ... shows me in fact, that you don't know a n y t h i n g about Neo-Geo games at all, so let me oblige you once more:

The Scottland Course is the most difficult in the whole game, why do you think I was so proud of my +1? But this course only exists on the CD Version of the game. Ask Neo-Geo CD mastermind Takumaji, I learnt a great deal of things about this system from his stunning posts.

As for my Viewpoint accomplishment, it was done on a genuine japanese AES cartridge, I don't own a CD version of that game. And now on to your question:

Why should you challenge me in my Neo-Geo games?

You shouldn't, cause you can't. It's that simple.

I took you as an equal, but you probably stuck with your TPS & stealth games, like that avatar of yours would suggest. Arcade games are beyond your skills, so is collecting games, it seems. The ratings of that particular seller are always the same, just like his stock photographies. It doesn't take much skill to ask such a seller for actual pics & condition of an item. Still, you don't even know how to do this, either. 107,00 Euro is $135.00, add another $15.00 for shipping, add customs and you have yourself a $150+ game... its a shame, I have to do the math for you.

You are using priceguides. That tells me how low your skills really are. The word "skill" should not apply to you in any possible way. I always used my own judgement, as to balance out the worth of a game. Any game. This is experience, skill's involved, so let's quit this topic, since you won't know what I am talking about.

You also don't understand, that I, as any other collector, looked endless times on yahoo & co. with days passing by without finding anything but a loose FFS cart. But then there were days, where I found 1/3 of my japanese collection. Where where you at that particular time? You already quit looking, I suppose...

So let me sum it up for you...

1. You don't play your games. There are no pics of what so ever sort, that would tell us different. Yet, you assume, that other collectors (yours truly) don't play them, even if they (yours truly), show you some modest scores.

2. You don't know your games or you console, either. You didn't even know the Scottland Course was a CD-only affair, let alone, how to unlock it. Do you ever heard about the nazo bug in Viewpoint? Do you know how to turn the head of ASOII's final boss into that of a grinning baby? Do you have the faintest idea how much you have to play your games, to know this stuff? But we already know your answer to these questions...

3. You don't have any pics of your collection but are an easy talker on other collection threads. Now how low is that?

4. You don't seem to be well at arithmetics, while shopping. You seem to be great at self-pitying though, ...after shopping.

5. And finally, you call yourself polite, yet using this thread for beefing around at other members, including myself, and trying to hyphen-up this simple collection, simply because you would't dare to visit the real Hyphen. Although, your polite language would quite fit there... though, on second thought, you're just too plain boring, so don't destroy that other place, too, with your pity cameos.

Can you offer anything other than cheap words, bad English and some occasional whining? What will last, when your petty interest in N-G games finally vanishes, as quick, as it appeared?

These posts... how pathetic.

Still, you're welcome to embarass yourself another countless times in my thread... how pathetic.