Oliverclaude's Bakery Collection 2014

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The three carriages are meant for transporting bread rolls in my bakery, which I have now used... well, for a purpose originally not intended...

The old-style cases lie on black aluminium tins. Enjoy!

001.jpg

002.jpg

No fading on those spines ;).

028.jpg

First carriage on the front... english AES. Old-style cases lying like fresh buns inside - looks nice and avoids cracking ;).

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

One of the crispy back sides. Did I hear the silent reproach of 'hording'? Well, it's a collectors thing, I guess... nothing sinister, though ;).

008.jpg

009.jpg

000.jpg

Be it as it may with this dog-tag mascott straight out of Watts (it has a definite Menace II Society feel), I am quite fond of the deep black framework, as if some unprocessed crude oil became vector graphics...

011.jpg

012.jpg

...and believe it or not, WH2J was actually the toughest one to get. I put so much attention on finding a copy, that I ended up having ...two. But no "Death Match" in either of them.

013.jpg

The japanese side of things, ...the spines, it seems, are like neons on an ovecrowded street in Osaka... cheap but effective ;).

014.jpg

To paraphrase Francis J. Underwood: "You know what I like about old-style cased games? ...They stack so well."

015.jpg

016.jpg

Second part out of three for the jpn carts. Careful though, last one is a kraut in samurai's clothing.

017.jpg

019.jpg

000a.jpg

020.jpg

Slug 3's as in first and second run...

021.jpg

The carton-box run, along with some unplayables, due to the obvious language barrier. It's a pity, cos the NGMJ-0 is ready to go...

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

Still got my first game I purchased and, nothing less, played to death. No 1cc, still, I managed to beat the last spideresque boss... God save the memory card ;).

026.jpg

If you think, that this insert comes a bit Too $hort, then you're right... I cut the whitened slack off in the name of questionable aesthetics... back then I wasn't a collector, those were the days...

027.jpg

So, the insert's mutilated, the case's fallin' apart from cracs and bruises in- and outside, the label's coming off and don't let me count on those insertion marks, hell, let there be fading, too... what can I say, that Viewpoint is a Rosebud of it's own.

Last edited:

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Do you have the full English set Oliverclaude?

I'm very envious of your collection.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Great collection, but I hope the vinyl flavour of the old cases will not be covered from other fragrances...

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Now if someone could post their collection from a set of morgue drawers the cycle can complete itself.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
What is with Europeans owning all the expensive Neo Geo games?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
@Neo Ash: fixed & thx.

@Doc: Well, I guess there are certainly those, who still like teh ovens, otherwise the NSU would not exist, it's a shame, really.

Then, there are those who deny that teh ovens ever existed. Those can't be helped either...

... and the rest wants to fall in teh arms of comfortable amnesia, ...so, yes Doc's right... unfortunately.

But speaking of 'games in teh carriages', I think that a little humour can fix a-lot ;)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
@K1ngArth3r: Thanks, I appreciate it. But the down-side of a large collection is, you just can't play everything... I guess that any ambition has it' price.

Still enjoying NTM though, here's my modest achievement from last month, when I had a couple of friends over at my place.

006.jpg

I won't place myself in the Hall of Fame with that -15 on the woody course...

007.jpg

...but it's amazing how far a good bottle of wine can take you ;).

And concerning your question about the complete english set: No, I don't. But Kizuna & U11 are not meant for mortals anyway...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
@ballzdeepx: We'll have to wait for Nate Fisher, Juniors collection thread for that ;). Instant reminiscence though: Shadowrun for the SFC.

@Late: Thanks!

@Normdog: Glad, you like it, thank you!

@HeavyMachineGun: I collect since '93 and back then, english releases were actually cheaper to come by in Europe than the jpn-ones, if you could get them anyway. Fate it seems, is not without a sense of irony...

@Tyrandom: No worries, it's actually the other way around.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Impressive collection and unique set up :)
We need more photos!!!

Btw ...no metal slug love??

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
How high is the % of conversions in your collection? Got everything NGF authorized? Why did you buy a NGF KOF 2000?

//EDIT: What drove you to buy a NGX?

First frequently-asked-question from the end:

Actually, the handheld. It makes it somewhat easier to explain to other people, what you do for a hobby... and then, of course, what the Neo Geo is not about: playin' teh romz, that is. There is no better agument for originals, than the low quality of the X ;).

Second faq from start:

No, but during my last visit to IBIE in Las Vegas I just could not resist meeting teh man. I shook Dion the great's hand, and I still got my fingers... seriously though, regarding the "everything": Who would ever want a stamp on an original SNK-release?

Second faq from the end:

It was a bound deal with some other interesting games involved, which you don't see so often. I just had to make this sacrifice.

First one from the beginning:

I have the usual suspects like Strikers, Shock Troopers or PI2. Otherwise 117 original jpn releases, 91 english, some doubles among them, and 31 conversions, so be my guest to do the math ;).

But I guess you meant just conversions of original AES releases...

There are two of them, wicked things, an english Kizuna with a manual, again, part of a bound deal. And then, there's Tokuten Oh Honô no Libero. Buying the latter one was not intended. Years later I had to fix that. Now, at least, I know a lot about cons, learnt it the hard way though...

//Edit: By the way, enjoyed your questions, much appreciated ;). Will check out your MVS english-labelled treasures...

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
hey, you're hard to troll, your answers rule and seem like a cool guy. Even though I'm still a noob myself: welcome to the forums. As to my "MVS english-labelled treasures": I only own a very modest number of carts... and condition wise wouldn't call them a "treasure". I might still eventually make a collection thread, but also might not ;)

P.S.: NTM is the shit. And your collection is impressive indeed.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Am jelly.

Don‘t, …there‘s an undeniable touch of sadness, when you find yourself so close to the end of your collection. And it‘s definitely a Neo thing… this 24-Bit beast presses so much attention, endurance and discipline out of a collector, that you can‘t help it becoming emotionally involved, hence the sorrow when it stops.

Granted, there are indeed some possibilities for a bearable afterlife. You could become an Indy-esque adventurer and take your part among the raiders of the lost prototypes, like Mr. Pitt. You could follow the grand design of a museum, like collector's finest StealthLurker or, ...well, dive into the abyss of highscore gaming, where there's only you and the machine, in a Kyle Reese sort of way, and you keep that damn counter ticking ;). Big-up to metallizer on the latter one, your highscores are an inspiration...

Anyway, weather you like it or not, the question of 'what's next' keeps on pushing...

...so you see, no need for jelly.

Yet, there could be a silver lining. As the founder of these forums said: "...to own these games in their original form has enchanting appeal and is very rewarding."

He has a point there. So, in Ultraistas words: many 'Gold Dayzz' for your life as a collector...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Indeed! Great game too.

Tell me about it ;). A Link to the Past may be more acclaimed, critically that is, but Armitages' run in to the shadows is my personal favourite. And I still think, that Kitsune would make a terrific SNK fighting-game chara with Andres as a sub-boss.