Oliverclaude's Bakery Collection 2014

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Do I see a Euro Kizuna? your bread must be very expensive!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Do I see a Euro Kizuna? your bread must be very expensive!

Lachlan, my friend, it's quite the opposite: for the quality I deliver, I also charge the least. Oh, and yeah, that is an Euro Kizuna, which...

My eyes aren't that good but I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver had one.

...I got from Herzog Drei, an ancient member on these forums. You'll find the extended story on Do I see a Euro Kizuna? your bread must be very expensive![/QUOTE]

Lachlan, my friend, it's quite the opposite: for the quality I deliver, I also charge the least. Oh, and yeah, that is an Euro Kizuna, which...

My eyes aren't that good but I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver had one.

...I got from

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?251708-Oliverclaude-s-Bakery-Collection-2014&p=3799991&viewfull=1#post3799991"]page 4/post #100 of this thread ;).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
A man of Great Taste.

Many thanks, RAZO. After my little time spent here, on these forums, I can easily return the compliment.

That's a phenomenal collection!

Thank you very much! That's a phenomenal join date as well.

Indeed! Thanks for sharing, oliverclaude. Are you still looking for any other MD games or are you satisfied? ;)

I recently enlarged the library with The Ooze, Snow Bros, Ristar, RoboCop versus The Terminator & the Cotton Tea Cup, so yeeees, satisfied indeed. That doesn't mean I would chip off a good offer, I'm just more relaxed on that score.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
I appreciate the way you react to those posts who appreciate your collection. Very appreciationable

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Very nice collection and game room. I sure it was an awesome journey finding all of the home carts. Do you game on any Nintendo platforms?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Very nice collection and game room. I sure it was an awesome journey finding all of the home carts. Do you game on any Nintendo platforms?

Thanks, a jurney it was. As soon as a next-gen platform surfaced, I was ready to strike. Today it would be not only impossible, but above all, lacking any fun.

To answer your question, I never was interested in collecting games for any Nintendo console. This changed recently thanks to Chou Makaimura and I began to gather a small SFC collection. Absolutely not interested in western releases, though. The SNES is just too much a home console...

Top Mega Drive collection, sir!

...which brings me to the N°2 of my favorites, next to the Neo & the PCE. Blast processing forever ;).

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
but above all, lacking any fun.

I don't get you on that point. Sure it would be much more expensive than back in the days to start all over with the Neo. But isn't the hunt itself what we are striving for as a collector? And couldn't you enjoy the games even today from a player's point of view? I can affirm both questions although I have to admit the Neo has a bit 'worn off' after all those years. But still the games are great and a lot of fun.

I began to gather a small SFC collection.

Interesting. I'm excited for pictures of that collection someday :) Are you collecting by genre or what's your approach?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I don't get you on that point. Sure it would be much more expensive than back in the days to start all over with the Neo. But isn't the hunt itself what we are striving for as a collector? And couldn't you enjoy the games even today from a player's point of view? I can affirm both questions although I have to admit the Neo has a bit 'worn off' after all those years. But still the games are great and a lot of fun.

Well, I thought a lot about your argument, the everlasting thrill'o the hunt, hence my late reply. Though I can only speak for myself, these are the three points responsible for the fading of fun to collect Neo Geo home carts...

ROMs -- If I can't connect collecting with playing, there's no fun to begin with and back then buying preceded playing, while playing a newly purchased game was the thrill and the best way to enjoy it, too. There were no everdrives, alternatively only a strictly PC based, flawed emulation or ports, which were just ports. Now, with the NeoSD and comfortable digital re-releases, you don't need originals to play, thus the playing aspect is absent and you're just left with bare-bone collecting.

Prices -- I never was the miser type in regards to my hobby, but c'mon... is it really fun to spent an average of 2k on a game? This supreme price level was reserved for an elite, like the English Metal Slug home cart, now it's considered a bargain price for almost any post 95 title.

Bootlegs -- Conversions were also reserved for an elite like the English Metal Slug home cart, and easy to spot, too. Now, with this annoying flood of perfect indie bootlegs for even common titles the fun found it's final grave.

But that just me, the next gen of collectors, which doesn't know past times, can call the present day fun and turn my points of criticism into their own reasons why they have fun collecting Neo Geo originals to begin with. Just like I have fun posting on NG.com, while most old tymers hardly see any reason to feed what's nowadays the shadow of a shadow to them.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yea, I think today's average collector is doing it mostly to post pics online for validation of their expensive purchase. FB is the worst for that nowadays. But the points you made about the NeoSD, bootlegs, etc are pretty much spot on. Live to play, play to live.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yea, I think today's average collector is doing it mostly to post pics online for validation of their expensive purchase.

But isn't that a similar case with players, posting their score pics only for validation of their time-expensive one credit clears? A similar desire for appreciation expressed online via photo or video? A collector of games, can turn into a collectard, just like a collector of scores. A game used merely as a tool by both, to promote their egos. Being a collectard & gamer myself, I think I've experienced both, and know that either can kill the fun.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
But isn't that a similar case with players, posting their score pics only for validation of their time-expensive one credit clears? A similar desire for appreciation expressed online via photo or video? A collector of games, can turn into a collectard, just like a collector of scores. A game used merely as a tool by both, to promote their egos. Being a collectard & gamer myself, I think I've experienced both, and know that either can kill the fun.

Very true, I post scores more to validate to myself that I am improving at game playing more than anything. I actually keep a spredsheet of my game playing to be honest. How far I am/score/etc. I do understand where you're coming from completely, but the collectard thing is what kills me. Score chasing is much more mild of an issue than freaking out over the condition on the label of a cart that will sit in an arcade out of sight.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Good insight here. I enjoy the collecting and proficiency aspects but the most fun is just playing for the hell of it, preferably with a group of friends and some drinks ;)

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Oliver, maybe it's time for you to move on? At least that's what I read from your remarks. You have obtained next to all officially released Neo Geo games with Kizuna probably being the pinnacle of your collection. What's left are mediocre NG.Dev titles from which you know beforehand they won't have the same ingenuity as the old SNK titles. Not a very satisfying prospect.

Maybe you should set yourself a new target? That's why I'm excited about your Super Famicom collection :) Or is collecting/playing video games lacking fun in general for you?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
DELETED!

Attachments

• owshiiiit.png
    owshiiiit.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited: