NeoVGA: Lagless, pixel-perfect line doubler for Neo-Geo MVS and AES

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
I've got pretty good soldering skills, I wouldn't mind getting a kit to assemble myself :)

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Forgot about these shots I took earlier, where I turned off the scaler on my monitor to get an exact 2:1 scaling of the Neo-Geo data:

FTfHFx2.jpg

GUCOS6N.jpg

5sQRfBZ.jpg

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
The release candidate PCBs have shipped; I placed an order on Digikey for more parts. Soon!

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
Awesome, makes me happy my console build got delayed. Hopefully i can use this encoder setup!

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
A cheap PC CRT monitor I found in a recycling pile rivals a PVM when in 100% scanline mode:

5WJd3BQ.jpg

The PCBs have a tracking number, I'm waiting in eager anticipation.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I want one of these babies but I don't have a cmvs and I don't want this on my AES since I only got like 4 games for it. Been happy with just using a supergun hooked up to my board but it might be time to mod it for this. Maybe just mod both systems with this baby?

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
giphy.gif

Mike, are you taking orders at this point or are you just waiting for those PCBs to arrive in order to send out to specific community members?

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I haven't started taking any orders yet, but the good news is that more PCBs and parts have arrived, so I hope I can build the first release candidate tonight.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I am aiming for $100. I need to have some amount of profit to at least make up for the costs that went into its development (which has grown to be somewhat substantial). After a first run perhaps some cost-saving measures can be taken. Right now I'm not factoring my labor into it - otherwise it'd be unreasonably expensive

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I am aiming for $100. I need to have some amount of profit to at least make up for the costs that went into its development (which has grown to be somewhat substantial). After a first run perhaps some cost-saving measures can be taken. Right now I'm not factoring my labor into it - otherwise it'd be unreasonably expensive

Worth it.

And TBH, you're being too generous with your time. :P

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict

I'd buy 2 at that price in a heartbeat. And Lemony is right, PCB design in itself is pretty labor intensive. Let alone soldering all the SMD stuff.

All in all, these look great man. Excellent work!

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
This just keeps looking better and better! Good job!

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
I built this board in an hour and a half, where I was working kind of slow (doing a lot of periodic checks for power as I put in different regions, etc.) I can definitely speedrun a board in like an hour or so.

The silkscreen didn't print too well, that's my only complaint with DirtyPCBs. At this cost though it's not a problem. If I get it properly manufactured then there'll be better silkscreen.

DIJnrEV.jpg

JQOlad6.jpg