Options for getting better joysticks?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The upgrade that you all need is the GOW, it's an octagonal gate made by Xian Xi, there's a thread for it. Du it up and feel the powah!!!

xorthen

Banned
The upgrade that you all need is the GOW, it's an octagonal gate made by Xian Xi, there's a thread for it. Du it up and feel the powah!!!

Does it just replace the original gate in the standard AES stick? I like the standard stick but I want to feel the powah! I can't pull off a lot of motion controls with the standard stick without my shit going all over the place.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, the GOW replaces the metal gate. Easiest mod ever made. You're still using the original seimitsu stick which is actually pretty high end, so you could clean it, lube it, set your new GOW and get ready for the POWAH!!!!

Last edited:

xorthen

Banned
Yeah, the GOW replaces the metal gate. Easiest mod ever made. You're still using the original seimitsu stick which is actually pretty high end, so you could clean it, lube it, set your new GOW and get ready for the POWAH!!!!

That sounds like a good idea. I will look into it. Thanks for the heads up man.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
my oldstyle stick needs a replacement spring... halp me!

xsq

hm, think that'd work? Thanks for the tip - I'll try it... but I don't think that it will last if it does...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
it works, but remember you can always stretch it some more, so start shy and work your way up from there.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I need a stick for my CMVS, I love the CD pads but miss the arcade feel. Those modded AES classic stick do look the business, I also love the Hori Neo stick as well. On the other hand I wouldn't mind 1 stick to use with multiple consoles to save space but when I look at those Panzer 2.0 stick prices my jaw dropped, although they do look good.

xorthen

Banned
I need a stick for my CMVS, I love the CD pads but miss the arcade feel. Those modded AES classic stick do look the business, I also love the Hori Neo stick as well. On the other hand I wouldn't mind 1 stick to use with multiple consoles to save space but when I look at those Panzer 2.0 stick prices my jaw dropped, although they do look good.

How does the hori neo feel compared to the regular AES stick?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The Hori Neo Stick is nice, I have the Hori Saturn stick as well and they are both pretty decent. Easy to full mod as well, I prefer the button layout on the Hori vs the OSS (AES Old Style Stick) which is pretty arched, the NSS (NGCD New Style Stick) has a nice button layout, but the Hori has a nice footprint allowing for your palm to rest on the case. I have to say that I used to prefer the Hori Stick 'cause it had a better stick and a decent button layout but now with the GOW Octagonal Gate made by Xian Xi, it's a 50/50, however I prefer the Seimitsu stick in the Neo hardware over the Hori house stick. Hope that all makes sense.

xorthen

Banned
The Hori Neo Stick is nice, I have the Hori Saturn stick as well and they are both pretty decent. Easy to full mod as well, I prefer the button layout on the Hori vs the OSS (AES Old Style Stick) which is pretty arched, the NSS (NGCD New Style Stick) has a nice button layout, but the Hori has a nice footprint allowing for your palm to rest on the case. I have to say that I used to prefer the Hori Stick 'cause it had a better stick and a decent button layout but now with the GOW Octagonal Gate made by Xian Xi, it's a 50/50, however I prefer the Seimitsu stick in the Neo hardware over the Hori house stick. Hope that all makes sense.
Hey I am wondering if you could show me an easy way to replace the stock buttons on the AES stick or tell me the size? I am a bit of a noob when it comes to replacing parts on sticks.

xsq

On the old style sticks a 24mm is drop in.
jup, just take out the old button PCB. You'll have to solder the wires (directly to the button tabs or quick connects) and make a ground loop. It's super easy though.

The Hori Neo Stick is nice, [...] easy to full mod as well, I prefer the button layout on the Hori vs the OSS (AES Old Style Stick) which is pretty arched [...] the Hori has a nice footprint allowing for your palm to rest on the case.
This is all true. The Hori also has a decent weight due to the two metal plates... and I really like the metal because it feels so good and helps cool down my hands while I play ^^

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
I have an original Black Hori Neo stick for sale if you want it?...

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have an original Black Hori Neo stick for sale if you want it?...

Very tempting Neo Gold but sadly I have some expensive plumbing work to pay for this month so no more gaming spends at the moment sadly :( How come you are selling it?

This may have already been covered, but I don't want to comb through 4 pages. Haha.

Taking the time to upgrade your AES stick is worth it. It's also worth it to sit down and learn as you go along. Unless you have other case options easily available.
Changing to a Sanwa JLF or Seimitsu LS32 with a square gate is by far the best thing you can do.
It's hard to get use to a square gate, but it will pay off for fighters because you will KNOW you're in a diagonal.
Octo gates are rad... But they make the actuation for diagonals a little slim. I prefer an octo gate for most anything that isn't a fighter.
Changing out the buttons is a must too. Sanwas are lighter to the touch and Seimitsu take a little more to push down.

Sometimes those Hori Tekken 5 sticks pop up on ebay for CHEAP. Bid in the early morning! they have good cases, but the stick and buttons should probably be switched. Gut it and put the AES parts in!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I like how he can't be bothered reading other people's posts and wants his to be read. Good way to not learn anything new and not seem egotistical in any way.