DEL 707's collection

DEL 707

Cheng's Errand Boy
It started over a year ago, dreams, nightmares, of walking through massive computer shops, looking for Neo Geo games, I found tons of Master System games, but no matter what shop, or how many staff I asked, I never found a single 1.
The dreams continues, madness began to creep it, that Neo Geo AES still alluded me, as it did during my childhood. A childhood spent reading console magazines, glaring, longing at the few advertisements from shops that sold Neo Geo merchandise and their outrageous prices.

Over Christmas last year, I started looking at Ebay, my new PS4 had not satisfied my lusts, I found myself routinely looking at AES bids, not able to justify the prices, but after 1 more night of fitful sleep, I knew there was only 1 cure.

In January I purchased my AES

NeoGeo1.jpg

NeoGeo2.jpg

The dreams stopped, but my lust, she still craved, I had been bitten, I needed more.
I needed more games, but like the days of yore, prices scared me, AES games were not cheap and a pain to get in the UK. Then after some reading on this board, I decided to go deeper down the rabbit hole.

Little over a month from buying my AES, I bought a MVS MV-1FZ

NeoGeoMVS4.jpg

Having worked on a few arcade machines in the past, I had an idea of what to do. I didn't want to go down the SuperGun route, I wanted to do it my way, and with the help of this forum I did.

NeoGeoMVS5.jpg

I have no wood working skills, but I had a friend build me a basic box, while I did the wiring. She turned out ugly, but no true work of love is ever ugly.

NeoGeoMVS9.jpg

NeoGeoMVS10.jpg

I don't have much in the way of disposable income, especially after all the expenditure at the beginning of the year, but I've been snapping up a few games, biggest pain is getting the shockboxes, especially after customs caught me on the last batch.

MVSShockboxes6.jpg

And you know what promoted me to make this post, a dream, but instead of wandering around a maze of a shop, greeted but confusion and loss at every turn. I was walking through an arcade, and every few cabinets I passed, I saw a big NEO GEO sign on the side, and my heart filled with hope at the thought that the owner might be able to sell me a cart or 2.

As a bonus, here's my arcade cabinet.

Marquee1.jpg

Marquee2.jpg

Cabinet9.jpg

Marquee lighting isn't that bright in person.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Cool background story. You've got to start somewhere.

That cab looks clean!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
nicely done. That CMVS is alright, and as long as it works, the magic will happen ;)

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Thats a considerable amount of stuff over a brief time. Nice dude.

DEL 707

Cheng's Errand Boy
Little bit of an update, since I've been collecting for just about a year now.

MVS%20Shockboxes%209.jpg

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
big step up on the mvs collection! very nice and good story! I remember experiencing the neo for thr first time back in 98 and 11 years later, I finally pick up my aes and the journey began! best of luck on your neo journey!

DEL 707

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thanks.

As for the shelves, I got them from Amazon (UK), but they're no longer sold.
Name of the shelves themselves is "Virgo - Cd / Dvd / Blu-ray / Video Media Wall Storage Shelf".

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Lovely jubbly collection DEL (boy)!

Those shelves look great. BTW, they are still for sale in Argos and Homebase (uk)

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
sorry, I liked it that much that I posted twice!!!!

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Nice collection Del, you've acquired a lot of great stuff in just a year.

Where have you been ordering your Shock boxes from? I'd love to get some more but worry the shipping to the UK and customs would make the prices far too high.

DEL 707

Cheng's Errand Boy
Nice collection Del, you've acquired a lot of great stuff in just a year.

Where have you been ordering your Shock boxes from? I'd love to get some more but worry the shipping to the UK and customs would make the prices far too high.

Sadly I did order from overseas, and yes customs caught them. It was a bitter pill to swallow.

A few games I bought from here or ebay that came with shockboxes, and I just ordered some replacement artwork to make them look a bit more uniformed.