Hello members, I have come to play!

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Hello everyone. I am new here, and wanted to make sure my first thread was out of the way so I won't bother anyone.

After spending a few feverish nights deciding if I was ready to throw piles of money away chasing the golden nostalgia of my childhood, I bit the bullet and bought an omega cmvs, and a couple of low budget games on ebay.

I am really looking forward to enjoying this new hobby, getting to know the people around here, and hopefully not rubbing anyone the wrong way.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Looks like you're doing fine, I haven't seen anyone attack you yet, welcome to the abyss! :D

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Welcome to the bowels of the interwebs.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Was pretty amy some kind of trap? I am here for the games and fun, not to flirt.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Fair enough. There seem to be a fair amount of characters around here. I got this name when I was part of an anime subgroup.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I'd prefer all dick pics that end up in my pm box to include a ruler and mvs cart for scale.

We are just joking, right? No genital insults were intended.

I'm not insulted...no...quite the opposite in fact.

Creepy_Dolly.gif

Last edited:

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Does anyone ever use the chat thing here, or is there an irc channel? I read the sticky in here but the info seemed pretty old.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Welcome!

542487_10151078408623486_1040101602_n.jpg

EDIT: The "official" chat is always dead. The flashchat's dead, long live the slashchat.

http://www.slashnet.org/webclient/neo-geo.com

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I'd prefer all dick pics that end up in my pm box to include a ruler and mvs cart for scale.

We are just joking, right? No genital insults were intended.

Looks like you're going to be fun :)

Don't be intimidated, Mikey...just make sure the ruler's there haha

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
You can always use a black marker on a NGP game, maybe a few shades lighter for that fake cart vent look.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Besides the above mentioned? Lets see, I like to garden, cook, take care of my cats, read, and go to school. I have some fun hobbies too, like subbing anime and brewing beer.

Do you guys have any advice for a new forum member/neo geo collector? I literally just bit the bullet on my first official purchases last night.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Besides the above mentioned? Lets see, I like to garden, cook, take care of my cats, read, and go to school. I have some fun hobbies too, like subbing anime and brewing beer.

Do you guys have any advice for a new forum member/neo geo collector? I literally just bit the bullet on my first official purchases last night.

Cool - You at a Uni?

What was your first purchases?

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Yeah, I got to a local city university. Nice place. The first thing I bought was one of old style arcade sticks, I found a japanese seller that was pawning them off for ~40 a pop which seemed reasonable. Today I bought the cmvs thing and copies of shock troopers and art of fighting. I put an offer in on magical drop 2, but I think I read here that the coinopstore seller was sketch?

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Advice, hmmm.. Don't talk to Loco or Beef :-P

But as far as Neo advice, I'd say pick up a 161 in 1 cart if you can and try out all the games you've never heard of! There are a lot of gems on the system, and you might find you're into some of the games that sound uninteresting to you initially (this was the case with me and many of the sports titles). It also makes it much easier to decide what game you want to add to your collection next. Also, www.mvs-scans.com is your friend, learn how to spot and avoid boots, and don't buy from an auction that says "100% working" but doesn't mention wether the cart is original. Lastly, get your friends involved and teach them the games, Neo Geo is just straight up more fun with friends!

After that i don't know really.. avoid Metal Slug 4?

What are your nostalgic Neo games btw? What games brought you into the hobby?

Last edited:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
OH JEEEESSUS CHHRRIIST... look who rolls in here, Captain Fudgecicle himself. FFS man, shouldn't you be off felating Christoph?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
It's hillarious what a fucking girl avatar can do to the boyz - I don't know when the last time was any new member was asked about his favourite game in the introduction.
Anyways - welcome.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Avoid those two huh...

When I was young I spent a lot of time alone at the airport and at restaurants that had neo geo cabinets, so I was exposed to a lot of the games. Aero fighters 2, crossed swords, shock troopers, baseball stars, there are quite a few that I would like to get my hands on. There is a thriving barcade scene in my area, and the seed of me wanting my own games came after a drunken night of playing shmup games at a place on the coast. I found this place after convincing myself that any hope of resistance was futile.

So avoid disreputable ebay sellers. Where else do the games come from?