1st neo geo game that got you hooked?

negsense

n00b
I've always liked the Metal Slug games but after building a MAME cab, Wind Jammers is probably my favorite arcade game. I'm currently working on an MVS project and it's the driving force for the build.

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Samurai Shodown for me on the AES, remember seeing it on a local tv Games show in the uk called games master I used to watch as a kid. Took me about 15 years before I could finally own a copy and play it and it didn't disappoint and got me hooked on everything neo since :D

rgarla.tn550

New Challenger
The first game that got me hooked was metal slug. I really disliked that awful era of early 3D gaming. On vacation in the late 90's, I spotted a 2 slot in a hotel with aero fighters 2 and metal slug. It scratched that itch for 2D madness. I spent every second of that vacation glued to that machine. I probably should have been spending time with my family, but I regret nothing.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
For me it was the first metal slug. The NEO GEO games were all over the mini marts back in the day and i always looked out specifically for the metal slug games. Everything about the game just drew me in like a moth to a flame. And it made me look forward to going to the laundromat every week.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Samurai Showdown blew me away for sure, I believe the first MVS I played was Fatal Fury BUT !.....
In fairness the First SNK title i played was Ikari Warriors and honestly that game made the letters SNK never leave my mind

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury Special. Still my bar none favorite Neo-Geo game. Someone could just put super glue on it as it sits in my AES. I probably wouldn't notice for years. Also, it is special for another reason. It was the first Neo Geo AES and CD game I ever bought. =)

TobyPC

n00b
I don't remember if it was Fatal Fury Bust-a-Move or Metal Slug. They are all special to me!

I spent so much money on those machines as a child...
For me it was either arcade games or renting/buying video games with my allowance hehe

cybersp78

n00b
Baseball Stars for sure. I remember the red cab so vividly back in the day when first seeing it in my local arcade. No idea at the time this was also on a home console. What made me want to get into Neo Geo collecting to begin with.

Mephisto

Banned
Samurai showdown just felt so solid and intuitive control wise , it's one of them fighting games that doesn't feel as intimidating to play. By that I mean you could hand the game to anyone and they'd pick it up quiet easily but it's hard to master.

neofreak696

King's Dry Cleaner
Samurai Shodown! I remember being 11 or so riding my bike to the local party store just to play SS. I was completely blown away by it! But sadly never could afford anything Neogeo related till I was 18 and got a job.Then I was a proud owner of a AES for a few years :D

batesey

n00b
Around my home town there was an arcade where you'd rock up Saturday morning, pay 7 bucks and get unlimited games from 8am til 12pm. Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury & Thrash Rally were my favs. Then there was the milk-bar just down the road from school where we'd all go before the first class started to play World Heroes :-) Love the AOF, FF and WH series of games!

I loved Samurai Shodown as a port before I ever knew about Neo Geo. Windjammers or Twinkle Star Sprites would have to be the ones that made me think "Well shit... I guess I'm getting into Neo Geo now."

DarkRider

n00b
King of the monsters. There was just something about a game where 2 monsters beat each other up that I loved playing every time I was at the bowling alley near me.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I would love to see a giant poll here. I think Metal Slug would be the winner.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Samurai Showdown blew me away for sure, I believe the first MVS I played was Fatal Fury BUT !.....
In fairness the First SNK title i played was Ikari Warriors and honestly that game made the letters SNK never leave my mind

Crystalis for nes had that effect on me.