1st neo geo game that got you hooked?

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Mine was Magician Lord. Played it at a resturant when I was young.

ROBO2011

Crazed MVS Addict
Art of Fighting. It looked incredible! The big characters and great music.

pmoniez

n00b
Fatal fury. That rain effect was amazing back in 91. I probably played it more than street fighter.

Reigami

n00b
Fatal Fury Special. I played lots of street fighter but them desperations were amazing.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
The first samurai shodown without a doubt. It wasn't the first neo geo game I played, but when it came out was when I fell in love with the neo. I still think it has to be one of the top 10 best games of all time.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
Last Resort was the first one I believe and the one I went to the most often while in the arcade as a kid.

The first game for me was world heroes. The one that got me hooked was metal slug and puzzle bobble. Every laundromat around town had an mvs cabinet. I put so many quarters into them machines. Lol. I bet if I would have saved up all them quarters I would have been able to just buy an AES and all the games I was playing lmao and probly be able to put a down payment on a house. :lolz:

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
The first Neogeo game I played was for the Super Famicom at a friend's house, Garou Densetsu, or "King of Fighters" like he used to call it since that was the only readable text on the cart front cover, I thought the music and FX was amazing for the time,

But he first time I played on an actual Neo Geo hardware was in a bar near my uncle house, the game was Blues Journey, great graphics and amazing sound, but I didn't like its insane difficulty.

Kubrickian

n00b
I played the hell out of Metal Slug at the local Cecil Whittaker's pizza joint in St. Louis.

Crescent

n00b
For me that'd be Metal Slug 2, played it at an arcade which was only two streets away from my house.

Shanadria

New Challenger
The first Neogeo game I played was Fatal Fury 2 in a restaurant. Gotta love Mai, Terry and that incredible train scenario. Simple game but a classic one.

I really dont know if it was the first game or maybe it was World Heroes but I have good memories about Fatal Fury 2

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
I remember riding my bike to Ducks Pizza on NAS Pensacola to waste quarters on Metal Slug and Aero Fighters when I was kid. I used to always be impressed when the pilots would show up after work and absolutely dominate the games.

sir arthur

War Room Troll
Magician Lord...

It was... just... Love at first sight

And the Neo Geo jingle... Max 330 meg...

enix2093

Crazed MVS Addict
I can't remember if I posted in this thread before or not :p

Back in the day when I was a kid, it was Blue's Journey that was my first real Neo game that made me want more. As an adult, KoF2000 brought me back to Neo.

xamot13

The Ultimate 11
Fatal Fury 2. First time I pulled off Kim's desperation move gave me a tingle all over. I enjoyed magician lord, b b stars 2, Nam 75 and what not but it was ff2 that hooked me forever.

Voultar

I give zero fucks about my customers
Metal Slug and Fatal Fury were life-changers for me.

I don't own an AES or MVS. As soon as I get some of these other projects out of the way, I'll be digging in to a consolized MVS system.