Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: 1st neo geo game that got you hooked?

Sakura's Bank Manager

Playing the original Fatal Fury in a local arcade was my first exposure, but there was something about the release of kof95 that stood out from everything else to me. From gameplay to design, kof95 is saturated with an approach that I would come to recognize as being unique to SNK. I've been hooked ever since lol

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

I had seen the Fatal Fury anime movies and that led me to the 3-D Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition on PS1. A few years later I played KOF 98 and it blew my mind that the dudes from Fatal Fury were in it! I also got to play Samurai Shodown 3 at the Kenwood Mall and it blew me away. I've loved SNK since.

Timid Neo Newbie

It was three different games for me. There was a mall near our house that had a 4 slot and my brother and I would play Baseball Stars Professional, the machine had other games but wed just stick with Baseball. There was a Lionel Playworld Toy store that had a NEO GEO system with Magician Lord that we would just drool over the gameplay demo. The third would be King of the Monsters, you could actually destroy buildings and they stayed destroyed, and we thought the graphics were amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Banned

Raguy! Love it. Good vibes

Last Blade Swordsmith

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack View Post
    It was three different games for me. There was a mall near our house that had a 4 slot and my brother and I would play Baseball Stars Professional, the machine had other games but we’d just stick with Baseball. There was a Lionel Playworld Toy store that had a NEO GEO system with Magician Lord that we would just drool over the gameplay demo. The third would be King of the Monsters, you could actually destroy buildings and they stayed destroyed, and we thought the graphics were amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    This is a lovely story and reminds me how cool it would have been to experience more games back then, in the exact same way as you did. They taste so different, far more different then those you played just recently for the first time. Those you played without childhood to exfiltrate your adult observatory skills and/or cynicism.

Sent from my iMemories using BrainCels Pro

Banned

Getting older sucks There's nothing left in gaming where you are lost for words. Neo delivered!
    Last edited by powerflower; 12-24-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Metal Slug as well for me, game blew my mind when I first saw at the movie theatre, my friends and I purchased a ticket to Flubber just to play Metal Slug... didn't even see Flubber :-(
    Check out my Youtube Channel for Neo Geo and Retro arcade games... if anyone gives a sh%t
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrt...TyrSplIrG8H1Qg

World Soccer '96

Metal Slug was definitely the first NeoGeo game that got me into it. I still love the series to this day.

Thread Information